No announcement yet.

F1 Singapore Grand Prix 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seems all fairly quiet in the media nowadays on this F1 - and altho ticket sales may have reportedly been sold - do remember just a few weeks back, many major hotels are reducing its rates from its highs bec of less than anticipated demand.

Comment

Any cheap tickets still available? I'm no fan, but since I happen to be there.......

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
        Any cheap tickets still available? I'm no fan, but since I happen to be there.......
        There's still 5% left but a few dummy bookings for walkabout and < S$300 seats have yielded nothing. Maybe you can try the ticketing hotline to find out what's still available. +65 6738 6738

Comment

They're still giving away plenty free tickets in competitions and as times get closer you might find some of the ones assigned to sponsors will be handed back for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
            seems all fairly quiet in the media nowadays on this F1 - and altho ticket sales may have reportedly been sold - do remember just a few weeks back, many major hotels are reducing its rates from its highs bec of less than anticipated demand.
            I guess many of these visitors has simply opted to stay in hotels further away from Marina Square, for Singapore is compact enough for easy access to the grandstands anyway.
            Help make this article a better one!

Comment

Singapore Grand Prix

Hey, anyone of you going to the Formula 1™ SingTel Singapore Grand Prix? Have high expectations for the event *cough*accidents*cough*.

Comment

Originally posted by danzer View Post
                Hey, anyone of you going to the Formula 1™ SingTel Singapore Grand Prix? Have high expectations for the event *cough*accidents*cough*.
                Massa, Turn 15, *distracted* by a member of the crowd, resulting in a minor impact that shatters his front wing and suspension(but he is unhurt)......
                I'll be the fat eeejot jumping up and down in glee should my plan.....ah, er, I mean, that remarkably bizarre accident, take place.
                If God had really intended men to fly, he'd make it easier to get to the airport.

Comment

Originally posted by Javaman View Post
                  Massa, Turn 15, *distracted* by a member of the crowd, resulting in a minor impact that shatters his front wing and suspension(but he is unhurt)......
                  I'll be the fat eeejot jumping up and down in glee should my plan.....ah, er, I mean, that remarkably bizarre accident, take place.
                  See that you are sitting near there? Marina Grandstand? Esplanade Waterfront Grandstand?

Comment

Frimpong is going to the F1 as well

Comment

Sorry, my mistake....I meant Turn 8.
                      I'm on a general walk about, so I could be anywhere. But I definitely fancy Turn 8 as a place for incidents.
                      If God had really intended men to fly, he'd make it easier to get to the airport.

Comment

If you go to watch F1 for accidents, why bother?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                          If you go to watch F1 for accidents, why bother?
                          Have you even watched F1 before? Part of the enjoyment are the accidents my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by danzer View Post
                            Have you even watched F1 before? Part of the enjoyment are the accidents my friend.
                            Would you like me to list the F1 races I've been to?

When you get into an accident, let me know. I'll be there cheering

Comment

I think we're confusing accidents with incidents......
                              F1 is reknowned for both, though thankfully there hasn't really been a serious incident since Kubica last year, IIRC. Punting yourself into the barriers or someone elses gearbox is an incident if it's reasonably low impact.

I don't think anyone really watches just on the expectation of a horrible smash an injury, though I think we can all accept that there is a higher than average chance of one occurring in any given race - especially in the wet like Monza last week.

Comment

SMRT taxis to levy $5 fee

Sun, Sep 21, 2008
                                AsiaOne

During the SingTel Singapore Grand Prix, SMRT Taxis will implement a $5 location surcharge per trip, applicable to passengers who board taxis from 14 locations in the race vicinity, according to a Straits Times report.

These include Suntec City, hotels around the Marina area, Hitachi Tower, Centennial Tower, Peninsular Excelsior Hotel, Millenia Tower and Funan DigitaLife Mall.

The surcharge will be in effect from 10.30pm to midnight on September 26 and 27, and 9.30pm to midnight on September 28.

http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne...921-88999.html

Comment

Working...
                                X