• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by itami View Post
    SQ 493 (CAI-SIN) - 1600 ETA
    SQ 28 (SIN-TPE) - 1715 ETD
    SQ 319 (LHR-SIN) - 1455 ETA
    SQ 2 (SIN-SFO) - 1740 ETD
    SQ 527 (MAA-SIN) - 1750 ETA
    Unfortunately, my waitlisted SQ172 is not in the list. I notice that the selected flights all arrive/depart in the evening. That's probably to maximise the effectiveness of resources within a limited time period.
    My Cafe Adventures
    Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
    http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Originally posted by blast-off View Post
      Also, about the usefulness of the T3... I think the airport builder or master mind has planned this T3 for quite sometime ago (or maybe even before T2 was being built).... If you look at T1 they use C and D for gates name and T2 they use E and F and why for T3 they use A and B....If they only planned this after T2 then they would have used A and B for T1 gates.... (imagine changi airport when u first enter the road leading towards the airport with T3 on your left, T1 in front of you and T2 on your right)... You will realise that actually all those gates are in alphabetical order....
      I thought about this too recently, till I remembered that when I was little, the then only Terminal 1 had E Gates. I do remember one such gate in particular, Gate E71. It was only Terminal 2 was up did they reassign the E Series to T2.
      My Cafe Adventures
      Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
      http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jubilee777 View Post
        ....or maybe change the Viewing Mall into a nice Cafe so CAAS will earn $$$ since international rules doesn't state that a Viewing Mall is a requirement for airport development......

sometimes, let us be careful of what we wish for....the tables can always be turned against us.

Corporatisation of CAAS means a more profit driven company....for a good example of the changes, see Sydney airport.....
        CGK did this for its T2 years ago when the airport decided to convert the viewing mall (which was located way up high on the T2 roof) into a Transit hotel. Money and Profitability will always come first.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubilee777 View Post
          Very likely the Open House tours inside the Transit area that day will be cancelled...to prevent the mixing of people.
          Yup. U r right.

http://www.changiairport.com/changiw...ml?__locale=en

The transit area is indeed closed to the public after 2pm today. Bad luck for those visiting the open house now.

Comment

Originally posted by slacker View Post
            Yup. U r right.
            Jubilee777 is always right when it comes to Changi.
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Today was the last day of the OPEN House... Still a month to GO for official T3 Opening...
              A380 - European Pride!

Comment

Does anyone have an update on the possibility of more trial flights through T3? Mr. Megatop and I are meeting at Changi this Friday, December 14th. He's arriving on SQ 971 from BKK and is supposed to meet me at my gate where SQ 001 arrives. But if we're in different terminals, that plan goes to hell. One of us will get to use T3, which would be a nice treat. But it will make meeting up more difficult, especially without local cellphones. We do have a Plan B in case this happens, but I'm curious whether anyone has more info.

Comment

Originally posted by MegatopLover View Post
                  Does anyone have an update on the possibility of more trial flights through T3? Mr. Megatop and I are meeting at Changi this Friday, December 14th. He's arriving on SQ 971 from BKK and is supposed to meet me at my gate where SQ 001 arrives. But if we're in different terminals, that plan goes to hell. One of us will get to use T3, which would be a nice treat. But it will make meeting up more difficult, especially without local cellphones. We do have a Plan B in case this happens, but I'm curious whether anyone has more info.
                  Hmm...currently no news about additional trial flights at T3 till the official opening. If there are any, i will post the info here.

Comment

There might be one on the 19th of Dec.....

Comment

Good to know. Thanks, everyone.

Comment

SQ Flight Trials at T3 on 19 Dec 2007

SQ will be conducting 10 more trials on 10 selected flights, 4 arrivals into and 6 departures from Terminal 3 on Wednesday, 19 December 2007.

The following are the flights selected to arrive and depart from T3:

Arrivals at T3 (SIN Time):
                        SQ 345 (ZRH-SIN) ---0705h
                        SQ 451 (MLE-SIN)---0705h
                        SQ 333 (CDG-SIN)---0700h
                        SQ 317 (LHR-SIN)---0740h

Departures at T3 (SIN Time):
                        SQ 16 (SIN-ICN-SFO) ---0915h
                        SQ 223 (SIN-PER)---0930h
                        SQ 219 (SIN-SYD)---0940h
                        SQ 12 (SIN-NRT-LAX)---0950h
                        SQ 217 (SIN-MEL)---0955h
                        SQ 245 (SIN-BNE)---0955h

Those on the selected flights departing/arriving T3, pls kindly take note

Comment

Only Krisflyer Gold Lounge available on 3 Jan for T3 trial flights

The SKL will not be ready by then, which is a shame for those who have flights from T3 on 3 Jan and would have access to it.

Thanks to our Changi Guardian Angel for the heads up

Comment

T3 Trials on 3rd January 2008

The last trials before T3 opens?

On 3rd Jan 08, selected flights will depart from/arrive at Changi Airport T3
                            27 December 2007

As part of the program with the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS) to prepare for the opening of Terminal 3 in January 2008, Singapore Airlines has scheduled some flights to depart from and arrive at the new terminal on 03 Jan 2007.

Out Bound Flights:

Singapore Airlines customers on the following flights departing from Singapore on 03 Jan 2007 must check-in at Terminal 3:

SQ866 (Singapore to Hong Kong)
                            SQ318 (Singapore to London)
                            SQ038 (Singapore to Los Angeles)
                            SQ892 (Singapore to Hong Kong)
                            SQ836 (Singapore to Shanghai)
                            SQ002 (Singapore to Hong Kong to San Francisco)
                            SQ822 (Singapore to Beijing)

Check-in counters will close 40 minutes before the time of the departure and the boarding gate will close 10 minutes before the flight departs.

Customers who are transferring to the affected flights will have their baggage automatically transferred unto the connecting flight. All you need to do is to take the Skytrain to Terminal 3 to catch the next flight. Skytrain stations are located near gates F50 and E20 at Terminal 2.

Facilities at Terminal 3 are now available. First Class and Business Class customers, as well as PPS Club members who wish to use the lounge should check-in early at T3, and use the lounge at T3. Please proceed for boarding at least 40 minutes before departure.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard our flight.

Inbound Flights:

The following flights will arrive at Terminal 3 on 03 Jan 2007:

SQ001 (departing San Francisco on 2 Jan 08 to Hong Kong and Singapore)
                            SQ955 (Jakarta to Singapore)
                            SQ857 (Hong Kong to Singapore)
                            SQ957 (Jakarta to Singapore)
                            SQ319 (London to Singapore)
                            SQ811 (Beijing to Singapore)

If your final destination is Singapore please collect your checked-in baggage at Terminal 3.

Please inform your family and friends receiving you to meet you at the Arrival Hall in Terminal 3.

If you have a connecting flight from Singapore, please check the flight information screens on arrival for your departure gates. Please follow the signs to the nearest Skytrain station for transfer to Terminal 2.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard our flight.

Comment

Wow... I wonder who will be the first here at SQTalk to preview the lounge on Jan 3.

Comment

Indeed, although it will be KF Gold lounge only as the SKL won't be in use then.

Comment

Working...
                                X