Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
    Especially with ATR72s
    Firefly and Berjaya Air are not gonna be too happy about it, especially with the longer turnaround time and probably extra costs due to bussing of pax.
    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• Good news and bad news here for us connecting passengers

During the period that Tiger is in T2, it actually makes it a feasible alternative for connections, where previously I've only used Jetstar and Air Asia, to avoid the hassle of going to the Budget terminal

On the minus side, T2 is currently an oasis of calm, and will become a zoo. Never mind Firefly and Berjaya Air, I would be peeved if I was a full service operator in T2, having to share the terminal with a sea of new budget passengers. I am not looking forward to some connections I already have planned there in June

Concur with a previous poster though - having SQ split between terminals is the most preposterous piece of planning ever. And the fact that connecting from one end of T3 to another involves schlepping through that ludicrous shopping mall...

Comment

• Originally posted by kt74 View Post
        . And the fact that connecting from one end of T3 to another involves schlepping through that ludicrous shopping mall...
        LOL! C'mon, I'm sure you've easily seen worse! But I do agree that it is a very long walk end-to-end.

Comment

• Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
          It is official!

SINGAPORE: Airlines operating from Singapore's Budget Terminal will soon operate from the main terminals at Changi Airport.

That's because the Budget Terminal will be closed later this year to make way for a new and improved terminal.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...186047/1/.html
          Can't say I am surprised, they have been well and truly caught out with the LCC boom and need to start afresh with something more than a token gesture.

Now all they need to do is sort out their ATC precedures and we may get back to having a world beating airport again.

Originally posted by kt74 View Post

On the minus side, T2 is currently an oasis of calm, and will become a zoo. Never mind Firefly and Berjaya Air, I would be peeved if I was a full service operator in T2, having to share the terminal with a sea of new budget passengers. I am not looking forward to some connections I already have planned there in June

Concur with a previous poster though - having SQ split between terminals is the most preposterous piece of planning ever. And the fact that connecting from one end of T3 to another involves schlepping through that ludicrous shopping mall...
          T2 is still busy at certain times, although I agree it's nice and quiet at other times. I must be the only one that enjoys those long walks at Changi.

If they abandoned having a Budget Terminal and left the LCC's in T2 they could consider moving SQ to T3 alone as they would have the numbers in T2 anyway, albeit with maybe not the same 'type' of pax as SQ carry so the retailers (who were one of the reasons for SQ operating from two terminals) may not be happy.

Comment

• from the news it appeared that CAAS will tear down the current budget and rebuilt it - but for the interim T2 shd be more than able to cope as its the quietest terminal amongst the other 2.
            Hope the new budget terminal will have aerobridges as we are in the tropics and quite often have rain n thunderstorms esp in the afternoons as with aerobridges it the aircrafts will not be delayed by deboarding n boarding pax during inclement weather - as the new KLIA2 which will open by next year will have aerobridges and even a terminal bigger than the current KLIA.

Comment

• Hopefully, they will revert to the industry standard of labeling. T4 not BT v2.0.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                from the news it appeared that CAAS will tear down the current budget and rebuilt it
                So in other words we'll see T1+T2+T3+T4 and BT v2?

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                  Especially with ATR72s
                  I hope this will force Berjaya & Fireflea to relocate their operations to Seletar. Those turboprops are really slow during approach and finals thus causing a tailback.

Comment

• From ST:

Changi Airport Group (CAG) will close the Budget Terminal on Sept 25, and in its place build a larger terminal that will be named Terminal 4 (T4).

In a media release today, CAG said the existing Budget Terminal will be demolished to build a larger passenger building that can cater to continued air traffic growth at Changi Airport.

The new T4 will have a capacity of 16 million passengers per annum, more than twice the present capacity of 7 million passengers per annum.

Unlike the present Budget Terminal, T4 will have a wide choice of retail, food and beverage offerings and passenger amenities to better serve travellers' needs, said CAG.

Comment

• hmmm....thought T4 would be a totally new terminal in future supposedly to be built on the other far side of runway 02C.
                      But yes the budget terminal shd be renamed and not called a "budget" terminal as am sure it will be better equipped and better built like a airport terminal and with aerobridges instead of the current one that is like a wharehouse.
                      However looks like the planners for the current budget terminal did not have the foresight to plan for a bigger n better terminal then as the current one is only 6 years plus in operation.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                        it will be better equipped and better built like a airport terminal and with aerobridges instead of the current one that is like a wharehouse.
                        From Channelnewsasia,
                        "It will be designed to enable efficient passenger processing and quick turnaround of aircraft, and will not have aerobridges.

Unlike the present Budget Terminal, Terminal 4 will also have a wide choice of retail and food and beverage offerings, as well as passenger amenities that will better serve the needs of travellers."

http://http://www.channelnewsasia.co...186306/1/.html

So I guess walking across the tarmac to the aircrafts still remains...
                        My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• Will T4 have a sky-train connect to the others?

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                            Will T4 have a sky-train connect to the others?
                            No Skytrain connection as two active taxiways separate T2 and the new T4. Building a rail track willl be challenging.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                              Will T4 have a sky-train connect to the others?
                              That was the original plan, but wth them now seemingly looking at making T4for LCC's, they may wonder if the cost is worth it.

Comment

• Originally posted by kt74 View Post
                                Good news and bad news here for us connecting passengers

During the period that Tiger is in T2, it actually makes it a feasible alternative for connections, where previously I've only used Jetstar and Air Asia, to avoid the hassle of going to the Budget terminal

well among the 3 Terminals, T2 is the "older" one, as T1 will finish its rennovation this year
                                visit my blog

Comment

Working...
                                X