T3 Goes Live: Impressions of T3 and the SQ Lounges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UMD View Post
    By the way, there is no and will be no slumberette at either side of the SKL at T3.
    That sucks! No T3 Hotel SKL then

Comment

SQ Does Not Get It

I had the chance to visit the new SKL. Unfortunately, no picture from this visit due to certain attention that was given. Thus, I behaved like a good boy.

Yes, no view of the tarmac. For the F section, I see the Gate A4 and A5. Not much to read. And the electric outlet is a bit out of sync in color considering the whole theme color of the lounge.

Definitely no slumberette. Reason given was the fact that there would be an airport hotel.

They asked my impression about the lounge. My first answer was "bring back Dom." They said I could enjoy that on board. And I said I drink Krug on board.

I did not have enough time to explore the food station. But definitely, the chefs should work harder with more food varieties and display. The food experts here at SQTalk would give a low grade for food display. The improvement that SQ tries to do is by having the chef working on the floor giving the control of the whole presentation and quality of the food. Well, there was noodle food station, but the chef gone awol.

Okay, here is the weakest part of the new SKL F section. SHOWER. It was just opened that afternoon (so I assumed after UMD left). I asked the lounge dragon about the shower, and she directed me towards the washroom. So, there is no sign for showers, but just a sign for male/female restrooms. After turning to the men' section, to the left would be the sink, urinals and toilets. To the right, there is a 4 darker color door.
      Luckily one was opened. So, the attendant pointed out to the empty shower room. Immediately, I was disappointed, but then I noticed a previous guest who took shower there left his dirty t-shirt hanging on the hanger by the door. I mentioned this to the attendant. And guess what? The attendant seemed doesn't speak ENGLISH. They were both speaks CHINESE (hey I don't speak Chinese, so don't ask me whether Cantonese or Mandarin or something else). I made three attempts to tell him and his workmate that I wanted him to pick up the dirty t-shirt. Last thing I did was just waving at them to follow me and pointed out what I wanted them to do. (Later on, the lounge dragon mentioned that all guests had been given the input of this language barriers attendants!)

The shower room is not clear glass covered, but dark colored. I don't like it. Then the sink was so plain, and looks so empty. A small basket containing basic stuff is nearby the sink. When I tur around, that's when I saw that the door and the wall, actually is not tightly close. Basically there is about 1 - 3 cm gap. My curiousity led me to peek out. And yes, I could see out the attendant talking to another guest. Thus, I assumed that if someone outside has an intention to peek inside, he/she could see me.

Another disappointment was the fact that the bath towel is small. And that's the only one you get. No hand towels. And the worst part, the attendant did not change the bath mat towel. It was soaking wet.

Bathroom amenity kits? Nothing fancy. Just those big dispenser on the wall for shampoo conditioning and liquid soaps. So, my personal kits came handy. The shower has the rain style as well as shower handle, and three small spray which when you turn them on will spray towards your upper body. The temperature control is at the bottom. Unfortuantely, evn after setting it up all the way to hot, it was still a cold shower.

I had expressed my disappointment with the shower. But again, here I will stressed it again. It's the weakest part of the new lounge. I don't understand why SQ doesn't do any research about LH First Class Terminal/Lounge at FRA. Well, definitely TG F in BKK showers, NH F in NRT, and even UA IFL at NRT are still the places for shower enjoyment. And here I am at LHR Virgin Atlantic Revival Lounge after my SQ322 flight, and the shower facility here is so much superior than the new SKL.

The only thing that impressed me the most is the new First Class and Solitaire Check-In Lounge as mentioned by MAN Flyer previously. The special ramp with the long driveway is way superior than the curb at LH FCT. The staff here seems genuinely friendlier than the one in T2. And yes the special stickers give a good impression. The special immigration also a big thumbs up since the two guys there last night were so super friendly.

Note:
      • Terminal 3 greeted me with another lost bag.
      • The coldest freezing windy place in T3 is the "Left Luggage" reception area.

Comment

Pictures of Shower Room

The gap at the door

Comment

The same shower as in the SIN St Regis:

Comment

Thanks, jhm. The shower cubicle at SKL is small IMHO, may be 1 x 2 m. Smaller than the old SKL. The dark tainted glass makes it even smaller. The dressing area feels cramped. Overall, the room feels smaller than the shower room at VS Revival Lounge at LHR.

Comment

MAN Flyer - Re the Charles Heidsieck being 'exactly the same', I'm assuming, judging by your reaction, you mean both lounges are offering the non-vintage Mis En Cave brut?

Because if it's something like Blanc des Millenaires 1995 - that's a HUGE improvement for both lounges.
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

From the pictures, it seems like even TG First lounge at BKK beats this SQ SKL F hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                  When I tur around, that's when I saw that the door and the wall, actually is not tightly close. Basically there is about 1 - 3 cm gap. My curiousity led me to peek out. And yes, I could see out the attendant talking to another guest. Thus, I assumed that if someone outside has an intention to peek inside, he/she could see me.
                  SQ LPP, I didn't realise you were so modest.

1-3 cm gap is no big deal. The doors of the ladies' showers at my gym have a wider gap than that. In fact, the doors have hinges but no locking/closing mechanisms, so anyone can swing them open at anytime. As for the boys' room... there are no doors! Just glass panels between cubicles, so it's really a free show! The glass panels are sort of opaque but we could look through them if we concentrate really hard.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                    SQ LPP, I didn't realise you were so modest.

1-3 cm gap is no big deal. The doors of the ladies' showers at my gym have a wider gap than that. In fact, the doors have hinges but no locking/closing mechanisms, so anyone can swing them open at anytime. As for the boys' room... there are no doors! Just glass panels between cubicles, so it's really a free show! The glass panels are sort of opaque but we could look through them if we concentrate really hard.
                    Well.. gym is different situation than the lounge. I would not want to see other PITAs having shower at SKL or even in other airline lounges. So communal shower would not work at the airport, in my innocent mind.
                    But of course if a PITA has good body and good looking, it will be happily to watch him.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                      MAN Flyer - Re the Charles Heidsieck being 'exactly the same', I'm assuming, judging by your reaction, you mean both lounges are offering the non-vintage Mis En Cave brut?

Because if it's something like Blanc des Millenaires 1995 - that's a HUGE improvement for both lounges.
                      I have to confess I didn't check. I went in the J lounge first and saw Charles Heidsieck in the ice bucket for people to help themselves. I then 'sprang' hopefully into our new super-duper industry leading F lounge, sure that they would have been smart enough to get us off on the right foot by bringing back what is rightfully ours - Dom.

Alas, I should have known better than to underestimate the power of the beancounters in the current SQ penny pinching climate.

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                      They asked my impression about the lounge. My first answer was "bring back Dom." They said I could enjoy that on board. And I said I drink Krug on board.
                      I'm beginning to think this is the PR dept party line they have been told to peddle when people complain as it's the reply I get when I moan at them about it. The fact we are p*ssed because they used to serve it but took it away in a purely cost saving measure (despite the fact their costs would have plumetted after the changes anyway due to stopping QPP's access to the F lounge) doesn't register with these people.

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                      From the pictures, it seems like even TG First lounge at BKK beats this SQ SKL F hands down.
                      I wouldn't say hands down, but as it currently stands I think the TG F lounge at BKK is better than the SQ F lounge at T3, which bearing in mind the supposed difference in quality of the two airlines is rather embarassing.

Let's hope it improves as time goes on...

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                        I'm beginning to think this is the PR dept party line they have been told to peddle when people complain
                        The thing that really gets me is that it is such a bad answer. It is totally admitting to the world that SQ F service only starts when you get on the plane up until then basically it is a J class service.

Comment

Finally got to visit the new SKL F at T3 today. Indeed there is nothing worth writing home about. Sorry, I think TG F lounge in BKK does beat this one hands down.
                          The spa, the 'mini living rooms', & the generous L'Occitane toiletries they provide there in TG F BKK Lounge are pretty nice.

Comment

Here I go again...those chairs that they put in the F section are real eyesores. Nothing spells cozy and luxury with those chairs and the arrangement is awful. I am in the Pier now and I feel a much much better atmosphere at this CX C lounge than the SQ F lounge at T3.

Comment

That was what I meant, UMD.
                              Those side-by-side chair arrangements hardly say 'First Class'.
                              There we were hoping that there will be an arrival lounge facilities ... instead, we get a lounge with presumably less square footage of space per person.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                                That sucks! No T3 Hotel SKL then
                                This is what you get at T3 ... You even can choose the color for your bed.

Comment

Working...
                                X