Trump & Kim To Meet In Singapore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by r123 View Post
    Talking about military jets, has anyone noticed that there is almost always a RSAF C-130 Hercules type aircraft turning around Singapore in daytime. Actually it appears on flight radar too.
    I live in Punggol (read under the flight path of jets from PLAB) and I hear military aircraft (both cargo aircraft as well as fighter jets) all day long, including nighttime at times.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ22 View Post
      I live in Punggol (read under the flight path of jets from PLAB) and I hear military aircraft (both cargo aircraft as well as fighter jets) all day long, including nighttime at times.
      Nighttime too?! I hear sometimes in the evening near PLAB fighter jets but usually those I see turning around Singapore are cargo aircrafts. Must be part of skies protection measures I guess.

Comment

Planes both fighters and others take off from PLAB always towards Punggol and thereafter make a fairly sharp left turn. Most of the time its always training missions and at times more of practice take-offs and landins at PLAB. Occasionally you see a few civillian airlines coming and going too.

Comment

Hearing that Singapore has offered to pick up the tab for the penniless supreme leader’s stay at the presidential suite at the Fullerton.. that might ruffle some feathers among taxpayers

Comment

With Singapore hosting this talks, we have to pay quite a substantial amount towards the total costs as we have to provide the security 24 hours involving iterally thousands of police and security personnel, motorcades and transportation and fencing of the hotels and meeting venue, and even the PLAB will be on hightened level. Even police reservists have been called up for this. Hence even we have to pay $8k per nite for Kim is only a miniscule amount compared to the millions we have to spend on security for the talks and entourages over the few days. However, Singapore will gain positively its image from the world historic event which is "priceless".
            Last edited by flyguy; 4 June 2018, 02:54 PM.

Comment

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...a-for-10367806

Area around Shangri-La will likely be locked down...

Comment

Originally posted by r123 View Post
                Talking about military jets, has anyone noticed that there is almost always a RSAF C-130 Hercules type aircraft turning around Singapore in daytime. Actually it appears on flight radar too.
                I just saw three of them flying in formation and circling around in the sky

edit: the skies sure are busy this morning. I'm hearing frequent fly pasts for over an hour now

by the way, is trump coming to Singapore to celebrate his birthday (14 june)?
                Last edited by saobangpo; 5 June 2018, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ek&sq View Post
                  Hearing that Singapore has offered to pick up the tab for the penniless supreme leader’s stay at the presidential suite at the Fullerton.. that might ruffle some feathers among taxpayers
                  To use a quote from Mrs Goh Chok Tong, "It's peanuts", if it buys, if not world peace, regional peace.

Comment

Trump and Kim are expected to arrive in Singapore this Sunday (10JUN18):

https://www.todayonline.com/world/tr...en-two-leaders
                    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

I saw this news too. Interesting that Kim Jong Un will fly into Changi Airport. Is flying into a military airbase a privilege granted to allies in general? Or is it specific to Trump, who is concerned about security and whose travel warrants special arrangements?

Comment

Chosun Article: Kim Jong-un Has to Take Foreign Plane to Summit

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/...060800825.html

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                          Chosun Article: Kim Jong-un Has to Take Foreign Plane to Summit

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/...060800825.html
                          Charter a SQ plane or use RSAF plane?

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil0728 View Post
                            Charter a SQ plane or use RSAF plane?
                            Article says NK wants the same type of plane. SQ has no more pax 747s so probably borrow from CA a 748

Comment

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/f...ca60/#11a9709e

Air China A332 flying in from FNJ just landed in Changi. Could be a charter for Kim's staff?

Comment

Let's not forget the B747 is an American-made plane. Notice the aircraft that Air China supplied for today's FNJ-SIN flight is an A332.

Comment

Working...
                                X