Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1 Dec 2009: Changes to redemption of KrisFlyer miles for flights on partner airlines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 Dec 2009: Changes to redemption of KrisFlyer miles for flights on partner airlines

Big news!!

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...ws/news_14.jsp

Revised Star Alliance Award and Upgrade Award Charts:

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...trip_Dec09.pdf

*A redemption levels have now gone up Especially now that they've combined North America into 1 region. USA/Canada west coast used to be less

Comment

and gone my honeymoon with Caribbean.....
      F hikes from 120G to 200G....

Comment

lol.... "to give you more flexibility" .....

Sometimes I think that PR as an industry, is dead. In the past you could pull the wool over someones eyes with a craftily worded press release, but in the age of the internet, I think the public, that has access to all this data on demand, would much prefer the undiluted truth.

A company that adopts the "whole truth" approach could score BIG TIME in today's environment.

Comment

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
          and gone my honeymoon with Caribbean.....
          F hikes from 120G to 200G....
          changes start Dec 1... you can still book at previous rates before that from the way I have read it??
          My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

I hope thats not all the changes... still hoping they open up First and Business Saver Redemptions

Comment

Nope, that's not available to *A partners, which I recall SMK77 alluding to... doesn't look like it's happening anytime soon, mate...

Let's wait for the equivalent KF upgrade charts.. if any..

Comment

Darn, my trip to the Caribbean has also gone up in smoke!!!

Better get the thinking cap on and use some of these miles asap

Comment

All of Air NZ network in the South Pacific apart from Australia and Hawaii goes up in smoke? Your are joking right?

Comment

For whatever reason South West Pacific only has Australia and NZ, and no mention of the Pacific Islands at all (ie Vanuatu, Fiji, Cook Islands, Tahiti etc). Surely they are all part of SWP? Anyway, good to see it remains at 25K/35K. Still a bargain for Oz residents going to the Pacific.

Comment

well whoever wanted to use KF miles to fly to South America in C or F will not be a happy camper. Otherwise it doesn't really impact me. I never use KF miles for anything but SQ flights.

Comment

Finally, a FFP enhancement that I can't take credit for

Comment

New *A SQ awards forbid all F/J long haul redemption

at least in 77W/345/380.. but do allow for one-way awards...

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...trip_Dec09.pdf

Comment

The non-availability of *A awards in SQ new J, new F, and Suites isn't really a change is it? I thought that policy had been in effect since the introduction of the new seats....or?

Seems strange to me that they would even mention it on this new Award Chart, since the point of this new chart is to show KF members how many KF miles they will need to redeem for other carriers' *A flights.

As I understand it, there's no single redemption policy across the Alliance -- every carrier still sets their own redemption levels and conditions. So, why make it sound like this award chart is some general *A redemption chart?

But mebbe SQ just wants everyone to be clear: you can't get around the exhorbitant KF redemptions required for new J or new F simply by using this SQ *A award chart. Otherwise, I don't see offhand how this chart matters to someone redeeming from, say Miles & More.

Or is the Alliance getting ready to "universalize" redemption levels?

Comment

Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
                              The non-availability of *A awards in SQ new J, new F, and Suites isn't really a change is it? I thought that policy had been in effect since the introduction of the new seats....or?

Seems strange to me that they would even mention it on this new Award Chart, since the point of this new chart is to show KF members how many KF miles they will need to redeem for other carriers' *A flights.

As I understand it, there's no single redemption policy across the Alliance -- every carrier still sets their own redemption levels and conditions. So, why make it sound like this award chart is some general *A redemption chart?

But mebbe SQ just wants everyone to be clear: you can't get around the exhorbitant KF redemptions required for new J or new F simply by using this SQ *A award chart. Otherwise, I don't see offhand how this chart matters to someone redeeming from, say Miles & More.

Or is the Alliance getting ready to "universalize" redemption levels?
                              Unless this is also the saver award chart for use on SQ metal itself from December 2009 (just like BD have combined *A/BD chart).

Comment

Working...
                              X