Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LCY] LCY Lounges (if any)?

Hi guys (and ladies).

Just wondering whether there are any *G lounges in LCY, I am really lost on this one as I've never flown out of LCY before - it's always been LGW...

The LCY website doesn't say anything about the existence / non-existence of such facilities...

Appreciate any form of info.

Cheers, Leo

There are no lounges in LCY

Comment

What 9V-JKL said. The critical reasons for a lounge (i.e., to serve premium / elite passengers in long transits and those who arrive way before their flight just to allowenough time for checkin and security) don't really exist at LCY: the process is much more streamlined there.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Don't need one when

1. you can check in up to 10 min before the flight.
        2. delays are very predictable in advance.

Well, if you're coming to the airport from far away, maybe not so much on the second point.

Comment

Thanks guys!

How do I get from LCY from Queensway (Bayswater)? I have a little trolley and a LARGE suitcase

Comment

Originally posted by leo View Post
            How do I get from LCY from Queensway (Bayswater)? I have a little trolley and a LARGE suitcase
            Starting with the cheapest:

Walk
            Buses
            Tube + DLR
            Taxi

I haven't flown out of LCY for quite a while but I do remember quite horrible check-in queues (even as a BA elite).
            Last edited by jhm; 27 February 2009, 06:28 PM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
              I haven't flew out of LCY for quite a while but I do remember quite horrible check-in queues (even as a a BA elite).
              I agree, there have been cases of long(ish) queues for BA. But I don't recall ever experiencing that with the *A airlines at LCY (especially LX). I presume that's what OP will be using.

on the walk option (because of OP's large suitcase) -- I mentally whinge even about the short steps up to my building when I'm with mine. I think the Tube stations in Bayswater have lifts and the one in Liverpool Street has escalators (not sure about stations beyond Liverpool Street), so the Tube (Central Line) may be doable, depending on the bulk and weight of the suitcase. I'd probably wimp out and take a cab after the Tube allowed me to bypass traffic congestion in central London.
              Last edited by jjpb3; 27 February 2009, 06:45 PM.

Comment

It's a huge samsonite (one of those really glossy ones with vertical striped surface)?

Since its a business trip and well the company's paying for it, I think I'll take a cab... lol shouldn't cost THAT much I hope?

Comment

It depends on the traffic. I'd guesstimate around £50 or more.

Comment

The cheap, simple way is take the DLR (Docklands light railway) from the airport to Bank station, change to the Central Line (follow the signs with red stripes) and get on a Westbound train to Queensway. It's so easy that it really isn't worth getting a taxi, and most times of the day, it's just as quick if not quicker.

There are steps in Queensway, so a suitcase might swing it for the taxi if someone else is paying. But if it were me paying, it would be DLR/Tube every time.

Comment

thanks again for all the advice...

I'm flying AMS-LHR/LCY-TXL..

Hence, flying into Heathrow, flying outta London city on the Jumbolino

Comment

Queensway has lifts (nice big ones). Bayswater only has stairs.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                          Queensway has lifts (nice big ones). Bayswater only has stairs.
                          Yes, but you have to go up stairs from the platform to get to the lifts. When I was there on Monday one of the lifts was out of service, so the one that was working was rather crowded

Comment

Best for you to book a mini cab which would not be more than 25 Pounds. Your hotel should know what to book.

LCY is a wonderful airport. Small convenient and easy to use.

If you're LH/LX SEN on M&M travelling in economy, you get 5 Quid voucher for drinks and snacks. But 5 Pounds gets you just enough for a coffee and a cookie!

Nothing if you're other *G I'm afraid. But I think the offer extends to people on Business Class tickets. Don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
                              If you're LH/LX SEN on M&M travelling in economy, you get 5 Quid voucher for drinks and snacks. But 5 Pounds gets you just enough for a coffee and a cookie!

Nothing if you're other *G I'm afraid. But I think the offer extends to people on Business Class tickets. Don't know.
                              Yes it does.

Excellent suggestion on the licensed minicab.

Comment

Working...
                              X