Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mobile Phones - What Are You Currently Using?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Phones - What Are You Currently Using?

Going along the lines of jhm, and since I find that globetrotting businessmen/women tend to get the latest and greatest phones, I'm curious to see what everyone's using.

I'll start.

Currently using Nokia N73.
    Last edited by globetrekker84; 27 November 2006, 12:58 PM.

I've had my Nokia 6230 for a couple of years now. Time for a change soon.

Comment

I'm on the Sony Ericsson W900i.

Getting a Blueberry for work soon.
      Last edited by KeithMEL; 27 November 2006, 08:02 AM.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I've got a Nokia 5300. Faaaar too bubblegummy, but hey, I'm weird - so I get away with it.

Comment

Timely thread

My Motorola V620 needs replacing soon. What do you all recommend? Am looking for the SonyK800 or N73

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
            Timely thread

My Motorola V620 needs replacing soon. What do you all recommend? Am looking for the SonyK800 or N73
            It depends on what you use it for, where you use it, and how you use it. If you live in the U.S. or if you head there a lot, then the SE K800i would not be an ideal choice since it's only a tri-band phone. That's the reason I got the N73 instead. This is a personal choice of mine, but I would highly avoid Motorola because their UI is quite difficult to use. I doubt you can go wrong with Nokia's Nseries, Sony Ericsson, or Samsung.

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
              It depends on what you use it for, where you use it, and how you use it. If you live in the U.S. or if you head there a lot, then the SE K800i would not be an ideal choice since it's only a tri-band phone. That's the reason I got the N73 instead. This is a personal choice of mine, but I would highly avoid Motorola because their UI is quite difficult to use. I doubt you can go wrong with Nokia's Nseries, Sony Ericsson, or Samsung.
              Interesting that you mentioned that tri-band is not an ideal choice. I've used tribands (GSM900,1800,1900)in the US before so can you help explain more? Do you mean that having the 4th band GSM950 helps a whole lot?

Comment

Samsung A920, Moto V551 (hate it), Moto PEBL (love it but part of that it because it was "customized" for me), Tmo MDA and about to pick up a Samsung x820 (to replace the V551). ETA: thankfully I have two good friends who are definitely into phones and I wouldn't buy anything without checking with them first.
                Last edited by cawhite; 28 November 2006, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                  Interesting that you mentioned that tri-band is not an ideal choice. I've used tribands (GSM900,1800,1900)in the US before so can you help explain more? Do you mean that having the 4th band GSM950 helps a whole lot?
                  I've used tribands as well here in the US. It depends on what carrier you have here. T-Mobile was/is still exclusively on the 1900MHz bandwidth, so if you use them, then you're fine. But if you use Cingular, then that 850MHz bandwidth is incredibly useful. The thing is that pre-merger with AT&T Wireless, Cingular operated primarily on the 850MHz in the suburbs and rural area while keeping 1900MHz in the urban areas. Now, with some of the old AT&T Wireless access points in need of repair, Cingular's replacing some of those 1900s with 850s. The reason is that although the 1900s can handle more callers at one time, the 850s can penetrate deeper into buildings.

Oh also, Cingular's 3G HSDPA service uses both 850 and 1900MHz. Aside from the TyTN smartphone, there's nothing out there (yet) that handles all 850/1900/2100 3G networks.

I hope I didn't confuse you.

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
                    I've used tribands as well here in the US. It depends on what carrier you have here. T-Mobile was/is still exclusively on the 1900MHz bandwidth, so if you use them, then you're fine. But if you use Cingular, then that 850MHz bandwidth is incredibly useful. The thing is that pre-merger with AT&T Wireless, Cingular operated primarily on the 850MHz in the suburbs and rural area while keeping 1900MHz in the urban areas. Now, with some of the old AT&T Wireless access points in need of repair, Cingular's replacing some of those 1900s with 850s. The reason is that although the 1900s can handle more callers at one time, the 850s can penetrate deeper into buildings.

Oh also, Cingular's 3G HSDPA service uses both 850 and 1900MHz. Aside from the TyTN smartphone, there's nothing out there (yet) that handles all 850/1900/2100 3G networks.

I hope I didn't confuse you.
                    Got it! Thanks!

Comment

Nokia 6233 & N73 & E61, Sony Ericsson K800i & K618i, Vertu Signature WG & Ascent.

Comment

You use all SEVENat the same time?

Comment

And two of them are Vertu.

Comment

Did I just came out as a phonaholic?

The N73 is my latest acquisition and I am loving it. Considered the Music Edition with 2GB extra storage but decided that the regular N73 with my old 512MB mini SD card is sufficient for me.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                              Did I just came out as a phonaholic?

The N73 is my latest acquisition and I am loving it. Considered the Music Edition with 2GB extra storage but decided that the regular N73 with my old 512MB mini SD card is sufficient for me.
                              I think you did.

I am too, but I can't afford Vertu. Besides, they don't have 3G HSDPA and the other state-of-the-art trinkets. (Well that's what I tell myself until I can afford one.)

Comment

Working...
                              X