No announcement yet.

SQ girls vs MH girls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some people may know that there is/was an SQ subsidiary called SQ Centre (for Service Quality Centre) which provides courses and consultancy services for companies wanting to improve their customer service, customer-facing skills etc. They actually run a boot-camp to provide full-immersion programmes for companies.

Many of the consultants and instructors there are ex-SQ FAs, IFS, and trainers.

I was an intern there during my university days eons ago, and I can only say the programme was pretty good, you get an insight into how SQ grooms their FAs in the concepts and practice of customer service.

Anyone knows how well MH FAs are trained?

Comment

Originally posted by bloob View Post
      Some people may know that there is/was an SQ subsidiary called SQ Centre (for Service Quality Centre) which provides courses and consultancy services for companies wanting to improve their customer service, customer-facing skills etc. They actually run a boot-camp to provide full-immersion programmes for companies.

Many of the consultants and instructors there are ex-SQ FAs, IFS, and trainers.

I was an intern there during my university days eons ago, and I can only say the programme was pretty good, you get an insight into how SQ grooms their FAs in the concepts and practice of customer service.

Anyone knows how well MH FAs are trained?
      I think they have their own MH Academy or something of equivalent. But I'm not too sure about how are their FAs being trained.
      We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

I find the video in post #24 a bit scary. It came across to me like a bit like "let's stalk MH FAs".

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
          I find the video in post #24 a bit scary. It came across to me like a bit like "let's stalk MH FAs".
          TOTALLY. Made me think, "OK, who's the creepy guy with the camera?"
          HUGE AL

Comment

ok i know this post in on SQ n MH crew - but like to add that Air Asia's Stewardesses looked very smart in their red/black uniforms and generally are perceivably "prettier" - and surprisingly they are a LCC; but very smart uniform

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
              ok i know this post in on SQ n MH crew - but like to add that Air Asia's Stewardesses looked very smart in their red/black uniforms and generally are perceivably "prettier" - and surprisingly they are a LCC; but very smart uniform
              Yeah, but they are kind of common in the market and does not create a unique identity for AirAsia. Give any American or European airport a visit and you will be able to see many FAs in similar uniforms (Suit and pants/skirts) walking around. At an age where branding is so important, I think airline companies should invest more in their FA's uniform, so as to stand out in the market. SQ and EK are two good examples. Their uniforms are so unique that you can't mistake them for any other airlines.
              Last edited by nykelaz; 3 September 2007, 01:46 AM.
              We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

but SQ and MH Stewardesses uniforms are the same Kebaya - only in different colours and hence not really unique too.

Comment

but SQ and MH Stewardesses uniforms are the same Kebaya - only in different colours and hence not really unique too.
                  Well, actually, both Kebayas are very different, with colour being the most obvious. Other details such as collar and footwear is very different too. SQ's kebaya has a round neck collar while MH's kebaya has a v-neck collar. SQ's FAs wear slippers onboard while MH's FAs wear a black pumps on board.

Well, so far, I have not encouter anyone who has mistaken an SQ FA for a MH FA. Anyone has?

Comment

not goinginto such fine details like shoes, nail polish color or lipstick color etc - but overall a kebaya is a kebaya - and no one should mistaken SQ n MH - as mainly the colors are different. SQ stewardess do wear sandal-like shoes for take-off n landing.

Comment

but overall a kebaya is a kebaya
                      That, dear sir, is where you are SO wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by nykelaz View Post
                        Let me start the ball rolling, I would prefer SQ girls as they seemed to be more consistant in their service standard. The girls are also better groomed than MH girls IMHO.
                        Originally posted by nykelaz View Post

However, to be fair, I cannot comment on other non-superficial aspects such as the service provided, as I've never taken MH. So yeah, maybe MH has better service. But outlook wise, SQ has gets my attention.

What a bizarre thread. Anyone fancy sticking to commenting on stuff they've actually experienced ?.

(shakes head)

Comment

not goinginto such fine details like shoes, nail polish color or lipstick color etc - but overall a kebaya is a kebaya - and no one should mistaken SQ n MH - as mainly the colors are different. SQ stewardess do wear sandal-like shoes for take-off n landing.
                          I agree with SQFG. Kebayas can come in all sorts of colors and styles. It has already been used in Malay and Nyonya culture for centuries. It wasn't something that SQ and MH merely created to use as a uniform............
                          Such a way about you, My Singapore Girl. Wouldn't go away without you, My Singapore Girl.

Comment

SQ stewardess do wear sandal-like shoes for take-off n landing.
                            Just to clarify. The 'sandals' are worn in flight and the 'shoes' are worn for take off and landing. This was introduced after the SQ006 incident at TPE.

Comment

I believe the SQ kebaya was designed by Peirre Balmain way back in the 70s, and is based on the Malayan kebaya style with the 3/4 sleeves and sarong-type long skirt. The only anomaly with the SQ kebaya is the round collar, which is not traditionally common, and I think was purposely designed to show-off the shoulders and neck for a more sensual look (remember, sex does sell...); same goes for the tight-fitting, almost corset-like blouse.

The MH kebaya, if I'm not wrong, is closer to the Sumatran kebaya style and much more traditional. It has much less sensual curves and displays, and all very well for the muslim country that Malaysia is.

Comment

Just flew SQ/MH back to back on short hops so I guess I can compare

SIN-KUL on SQ:
                                Chirpy welcome from the FSS
                                Asked if I liked a drink and poured from the cart
                                Said bye on my out

connecting to KUL-TGG on MH:
                                Similarly chirpy welcome from FSS (I don't know what they're called)?
                                All drinks were on a tray and she just showed the tray and it was sort of self service
                                Said bye on my out

I would say that person to person its similar just that SQ service more polished.

Comment

Working...
                                X