Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding infant to redemption booking

Hi guys,

I made a Krisflyer J class redemption for the wife and I, USM-SIN-BNE, assuming the 10% infant fare for our son would be 10% of the lowest available commercial fare, or worst case scenario, 10% of the published flexi fare.

When I went to ticket it, the agent insisted the amount was a different amount, 10% of a yet higher fare. I questioned this, pointing out the lower pricing on the web, including for full flexi, but didn't really understand her answer. I think she was trying to tell me I couldn't pay 10% of any flexi ticket, but it had to be fare category C.

This ends up being 2x the cost of what I thought it would be. Needless to say, this is irritating, paying $400 for a bassinet but not much else.

Can anybody confirm if this is the correct policy? I am confused because the agent could not explain it clearly.

I've always paid about the pricing I get online, ie try to book 1 infant + 1 adult, then view the fare breakdown into infant and adult.

Comment

Originally posted by fone View Post
      I've always paid about the pricing I get online, ie try to book 1 infant + 1 adult, then view the fare breakdown into infant and adult.
      Would that be saver pricing?

Comment

I’ve only ever added an infant ticket to a redemption booking once. In that instance, it was a one way Business ticket and the infant ticket followed the revenue ticket price, which was a C fare. However I believe one-way revenue Business Class is always booked into “C” fare, so I’m not sure if it’s coincidence or a rule.

Other infant tickets always followed my revenue ticket booking class and corresponding price.

Comment

I paid almost SGD249 for 1 infant business class ticket to TPE and SGD 625 for another infant ticket to Wellington. Never check about what is fare class.

Comment

Hmm, I paid SGD290 for infant roundtrip to TPE, AUD300 for one way MEL-SIN, SGD381 for one way SIN-MEL.

Comment

OK, thanks all. Since this is a C class fare, does anybody know if it generally will earn miles with a partner? If all they can see is that it's C fare bucket, would my son earn at full rates? Or am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by thelongroad View Post
                OK, thanks all. Since this is a C class fare, does anybody know if it generally will earn miles with a partner? If all they can see is that it's C fare bucket, would my son earn at full rates? Or am I missing something?
                That's an interesting thought. i know Krisflyer programme only allows you to enroll if you're 2 years old and above... not sure about partner programmes.

However I'm sorry to say that your infant ticket will also appear as I class even if you had paid according to the C fare, as that's what happened for my son. It only ticketed as a revenue fare class if the adult ticket was also a revenue ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by pokfur View Post
                  That's an interesting thought. i know Krisflyer programme only allows you to enroll if you're 2 years old and above... not sure about partner programmes.

However I'm sorry to say that your infant ticket will also appear as I class even if you had paid according to the C fare, as that's what happened for my son. It only ticketed as a revenue fare class if the adult ticket was also a revenue ticket.
                  Same here, all paid infant tickets in my experience have shown up as I class. A few frequent flyer programs I checked didn't allow the enrollment of children below the age of 2, so I gave up rather than do an exhaustive search.

FWIW, I recently paid around $280 for an infant return fare to MUC.

Comment

Late reply but when I have done it.. 3 times...its always 10% of the cheapest retail commercial fare on the website.

Of course a 1 way fare will be higher than return

Did this about 6 months ago but between booking the redemption seats and adding the infant a conference was booked on my flight and I paid $800 MEL to LHR...

Comment

Oh and no miles earning

Comment

Originally posted by FlyBoy View Post
                        Late reply but when I have done it.. 3 times...its always 10% of the cheapest retail commercial fare on the website.
                        Now that I think about it, the time where I added an infant booking to a redemption booking, the agent did ask me if I had any 'restrictions' for my infant's travel and I just replied "I want the cheapest one". So maybe it is indeed possible to issue the infant ticket based on different revenue fare classes and the restrictions/fees would follow accordingly.

Comment

Working...
                        X