No announcement yet.

SIA will refresh their brand recently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope the ridiculous over the top western political correctness (I am looking at the UK here) doesn't ruin the traditional SQ brand.

Comment

I don't think the 'Singapore girl' and 'good service' necessarily have to be tied to each other. There are plenty of examples in the hospitality industry where brand names carry enough might to be associated with excellence in service, for example, Four Seasons.

It's one thing to include cabin crew in promotional materials as many carriers do, but it's another to build a brand based on them. I personally think it's unacceptable to objectify women in this day and age. If SIA's intention is to only convey the Singapore girl as an icon of care and warmth, they ought to get rid of their stringent beauty standards when recruiting, and also shed the body fitting uniforms. These aspects of the Singapore girl certainly have nothing to do with service - besides, who can be more warm and caring than a grandma?

Comment

Originally posted by 259850 View Post
        It's time cabin crew uniform got a complete makeover. Something comfortable for the crew, and something that gives passengers comfort that the crew is dressed to act quickly in an emergency. I'd be happier receiving industry leading service from men and women dressed in comfortably in stylish t-shirts and pants, with nail coloring (or lack thereof) and hairstyles of their choice. Maybe it's just me....don't get me started on doctors wearing neckties in examining rooms.
        I was a doctor for some of their crew in the not-too-long-past and from what the young ladies tell me, they seemed very pleased with their outfit and image. But yes, the kebaya does look much less comfy than the crumply Ts, shorts and flip-flops they'd change into before coming for a consultation.

Ooo... and I did dump that necktie loooong time ago. Filthy thing. Hahaha.

Comment

https://twitter.com/AlexInAir/status...005455876?s=19
          Many people thought this one maybe SIA new livery.

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
            I hope the ridiculous over the top western political correctness (I am looking at the UK here) doesn't ruin the traditional SQ brand.
            Thank you and I totally second that motion.

Comment

Working...
            X