Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SFO-SIN via HKG or ICN; which do you prefer in F?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SFO-SIN via HKG or ICN; which do you prefer in F?

Which would you suggest in F?
    a) SFO-HKG-SIN (774)
    b) SFO-ICN-SIN (77W)

Let's ignore for the moment that the 744 leaves very early morning and the 77W leaves early afternoon.
    Last edited by Coles; 19 May 2007, 04:13 AM. Reason: Clarify the question

77W as I've never ridden her before.

Comment

I prefer via HKG because there is more time to sleep.

Comment

i prefer the 777w. Come on the new seats or an old one?

Comment

Originally posted by singaporeairlinesboi View Post
          Come on the new seats or an old one?
          I have no issues with the F seats in Jumbos. I've flown in them since flying F in the 777-300ER and I didn't miss anything except the Do Not Disturb sign.

Comment

I agree with zvezda about the choice being predicated on what's important for you. If I had to arrive needing to feel refreshed for a meeting, I'd go for the flights that would allow me more uninterrupted sleep.

If the trip were for vacation and I hadn't tried the 77W yet (which I haven't), I'd go for the new experience and begin the adventure earlier, upon boarding.
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

The food will be the same and the service will be the same either way. The IFE on the 777-300ER is better, but it's still great on the Jumbo. The seats have advantages and disadvantages. For me, schedule is much more important.

Comment

744 lands at a better time than 77W. But then again, flying F so it doesn't really matter.

Comment

nothing beats the 744 - still is the Queen of the Sky - and smoother through turbulence; and like some say 4 engines are better than 2 over the big pond

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                    nothing beats the 744 - still is the Queen of the Sky - and smoother through turbulence; and like some say 4 engines are better than 2 over the big pond
                    No, the 777 is smoother through turbulence than the 747. Also, 2 engines are than 4 due to substantially better dispatch reliability because there are fewer parts and systems that could fail.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                      The food will be the same and the service will be the same either way.
                      I disagree about the food and the service being the same. Time of the day and the flight time, make a difference.
                      But hey, I am so biased against that SQ1 departure time. So my opinion would be very very skewed!

Note: Looking forward to my SQ15 next week!

Comment

still believes the 744 can ride though a turbulence better than a lighter weighted T7 - and dont think its necessarily true that T7 with 2 engines have better desptach reliability "due to less parts" as the reliability for 744s are in the high 90s too - but of course the 744s are older than the T7.
                        But in anycase, in a T7 if one engine fails over the pacific- its 45% power gone - whereas a 744 can still continue on its way. Oh the A345s are also 4-engined aircraft n dont think reliability is compromised for any 4-engined planes.

Comment

in a T7 if one engine fails over the pacific- its 45% power gone
                          Whoa! Who taught you that math?

Comment

still believes the 744 can ride though a turbulence better than a lighter weighted T7 - and dont think its necessarily true that T7 with 2 engines have better desptach reliability "due to less parts" as the reliability for 744s are in the high 90s too - but of course the 744s are older than the T7.
                            But in anycase, in a T7 if one engine fails over the pacific- its 45% power gone - whereas a 744 can still continue on its way. Oh the A345s are also 4-engined aircraft n dont think reliability is compromised for any 4-engined planes.
                            You don't think? Do you check the actual statistics? Have a look here:
                            http://www.airliners.net/discussions...lity#ID3027362

As for turbulence, the 777 has an active turbulence suppression/compensation system as part of the fly-by-wire that smooths out the ride (vertical only) which the 747 does not have. The 787 will have a more advanced system that works in both the vertical and horizontal directions.

Comment

not sure abt the T& turbulence suppression system - but generally a heavier aircraft do tend to ride it out better and some reports on the A380 flights does seems to confirm that.
                              As for Savage25 comments on my "maths" - well those who actually know abt aircraft engines and planes would know that on a twin, an engine basically have more power than that on a quad due to uneventful engine-flame out scenario and esp following take-off and that the engines on the T7 can in fact power above its 100% power for a limited time. Hence the 45% loss of power in a T7 when one engine is inoperable.

Comment

Working...
                              X