SQ girls vs MH girls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
    Definitely the SQ girls!..............I have only flown MH once on a short haul trip though
    Ah, the 'beauty' of the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
      You said it - marketing and PR.

Comment

Originally posted by nykelaz View Post
        Many SQ girls left SQ for other airlines (Emirates, Qatar, Traitor Air etc.) for their pay too. You know, the grass is always greener on the other side.
        lol, it seems the grass in greener in the desert

I myself prefer the SQ Girls for their charm, gentleness and the fact that they look (I am so gonna get flamed for this) uber-sexy in the Sarong Kebaya.

From my experience, MH Girls do match the standards of their Singaporean cousins performance-wise, its just that they're not as polished. And I have to say, I've never liked the colour of their uniform.
        Last edited by s7r0ng3r; 19 February 2009, 07:14 PM.

Comment

I haven't flown MH, but seriously - what is it with those uniforms?? The womens' one looks like Pierre Balmain's ugly brother's design for a night gown or something with those hideous, hideous colours, and the men wear blazers that even your local curry house host will do a double take in disbelief before refusing to don something that is such a crime against fashion.

I guess they must have really great service for people to recover from the near-blindness that results from the uniform

Comment

I like the MH Girls Kebaya, but they have spoiled the look with the tacky shoes they have given them.

I cocnur with the comment about the male uniform though, it's a shocker. Poor buggers.

Comment

Done both... can't go wrong with either!

Comment

What exactly do you mean by 'done both'?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                  Similarly chirpy welcome from FSS (I don't know what they're called)?
                  If I'm not mistaken, they used to be called "Golden Girls". Now if only they were really dressed in gold

Comment

Originally posted by s7r0ng3r View Post
                    If I'm not mistaken, they used to be called "Golden Girls". Now if only they were really dressed in gold
                    That post is from September 2007. Are you doing a page a week ?.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                      That post is from September 2007. Are you doing a page a week ?.
                      lol, and I only joined last year

Nah, I post stuff roughly every 2 days or so. At times daily

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                        What exactly do you mean by 'done both'?
                        Easy explanation is flown both airlines

Comment

The girls are also better groomed than MH girls IMHO.
                          Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                          SQ grooms the girls (whether from Singapore or Malaysia) much better...
                          many also left for other airlines as SQ is too strict and demanding towards their FAs. I personally witness a FA being reprimanded by the IFS, for having a slightly chestnut coloured hair, once on landside. He threatened to report up to the HQ for such inappropriate behaviour. And, mind you, it's those stern reprimand like how a mother would do to her child.
                          I remember reading some negative comments about SQ girls being robotic in service at their website too.
                          Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                          Polished is always better...and helps the girls as well later in life. I have noticed that girls from Singapore are harder to get to know than the friendlier Malaysian girls.
                          Originally posted by singaporu_kooku View Post
                          I prefer SQ girls anytime, they are more polished and has certain charm and grace with them, not to mention the efficiency of SQ training.
                          Originally posted by bloob View Post
                          Some people may know that there is/was an SQ subsidiary called SQ Centre (for Service Quality Centre) which provides courses and consultancy services for companies wanting to improve their customer service, customer-facing skills etc. They actually run a boot-camp to provide full-immersion programmes for companies.

Many of the consultants and instructors there are ex-SQ FAs, IFS, and trainers.

I was an intern there during my university days eons ago, and I can only say the programme was pretty good, you get an insight into how SQ grooms their FAs in the concepts and practice of customer service.
                          Originally posted by ryanlim2000 View Post
                          My dad works in SIA Cabin Crew ( IFS ) and my mom was a chief and I have hard that SIA's training is so strict till SIA has standard make-up and standard handbags. The crew undergo extensive and professional training.
                          Here's a witty comment from someone:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/toestub...57600073589516

they dress alike, have perfect posture, are all hot, wear their hair exactly the same, are of similar build, use a standard makeup scheme, smile pretty, etc.I was floored when the flight crew all showed up at once at the gate for the pre-boarding. It was intimidating, like an invading army of graceful Asian fembots, gliding in unison. Beautiful, sexy, and kinda creepy all at the same time.
                          There's also a hint of something sinister: What process transforms a normal woman into one of these sensual, aristocratic, quasi-military creatures? Does she truly subsume her individual qualities, or is it all just an act? I'm not sure I really want to know how the sausage is made; I'm picturing some kind of vicious slavery ring employing brutally sadistic training techniques...
                          All right, I do wanna know.

Comment

Can I post the URL to a blog of a SQ gal? She never post pictures of herself inher uniform, but does give hints that she is a SQ FSS..... and yes, she's pretty....
                            This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

I wouldn't call that 'witty', I'd be leaning towards somewhat creepy

Comment

Working...
                              X