Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B737NG & A320 series, which one do you prefer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B737NG & A320 series, which one do you prefer?

Among the both in comfort, performance, reliability, safety and all the things you can think of, B737 and A320 series, which one do you prefer and like to choose more??

The A320 series are fully made in Germany,where the 737NG, it's mainly made in Japan(for most parts, made by Ishikawajima, FUJI & Mitsubishi, Boeing's co-share partners).

For me, it's hard to choose, but I would rather choose the Germans, I think A320 series are more user friendly.

What do you think, give some opinions!!

Traditionally, I had never liked the B737. Give me an A320 anytime. However, I have read that the NG series is quite different from the earlier models, so I shall leave the verdict open!

I'm heading for Bedok South in half an hour. Time for plane-spotting again!
    My Cafe Adventures
    Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
    http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Well, I would go for the A320. They seemed to be more reliable than their B737 counterparts based on their safety records. Appearance wise, the A320 also looks better. It is advent that many airlines are switching from the B737 to the A320 (e.g. Air Asia, Silkair) to replace their fleet. I think the A320 is quieter during flight too.
      We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

I think they're almost the same, haven't noticed any difference, though at a pinch I would have to say the 737, because the -800 looks so good

Comment

Originally posted by nykelaz View Post
          It is advent that many airlines are switching from the B737 to the A320 (e.g. Air Asia, Silkair) to replace their fleet. I think the A320 is quieter during flight too.
          Thanks for this. It never occurerd to me that SilkAir had previously been a Boeing operator. All I knew is that it has A319s and A320s in its fleet!
          My Cafe Adventures
          Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
          http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Don't matter to me - it's what's inside that counts.

I'd rather fly in say an Ozjet (RIP) old old 737-200 with 60inch pitch than the latest and greatest new 320/737NG from some LCC that has my knees and chin meeting.

Comment

In general I've found the A320 cabins to be more spacious. This is rather noticeable in mid haul flights like the transtasman ones. NZ A320s always seem airier than QF 733s. But ultimately it's the seat config that counts when assessing which aircraft is better to travel on.

They all look the same to me on the outside. [unless I'm paying attention and look for the label that indicates the aircraft type]

SQFG - Ozjet still exists, but as a charter operation. They also operate limited scheduled flights (can't remember where - WA i think) but with an all economy config...
              Last edited by KeithMEL; 21 August 2007, 05:33 PM.
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I'd go for the A320. It looks better from the outside, it seems more quiet inside and the cabin feels more "spacious".
                I can't say the seats are more spacios per se. It all depends on the airline

Besides, the 737 still is the FLUF: Fat Little Ugly Fella
                Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

From the outside I prefer the 737, I think the A320 is one of the ugliest planes there is. On the inside I tend to prefer the A320 as I find the interior more modern. I have only flown one 737NG and I was very disappointed by how dated the interior looked.

Comment

I'd take an A320 anyday! Like others have said, its airier than the 737 which I like. Although I do recall I did like the cabin on a Xiamen Airlines 737 back in 05' although my experience was tarnished a bit by the iffy pilot skills.
                    Such a way about you, My Singapore Girl. Wouldn't go away without you, My Singapore Girl.

Comment

SQFG Check this out: http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1859
                      They're leasing a 737-200 from OzJet

Comment

from some sites n esp from a Cpt's blog - it seems that the 737 can ride through turbulence better than an airbus - which i do similiarly share - as have been on these 2 smaller aircrafts as well as on between the 777 and the A330. This apparently have something to do with the airbus lighter composite wings which "flexes" more easily n hence ride more turbulent over clouds n weather.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                          From the outside I prefer the 737, I think the A320 is one of the ugliest planes there is. On the inside I tend to prefer the A320 as I find the interior more modern. I have only flown one 737NG and I was very disappointed by how dated the interior looked.
                          Agreed, and the A320 interior feels roomier too.

Comment

If I add two more models, McDonnell Douglas MD 90 and Embraer E170, which one will you prefer then???

Comment

Originally posted by Dynasty View Post
                              If I add two more models, McDonnell Douglas MD 90 and Embraer E170, which one will you prefer then???
                              Never been in an Embraer E170 so will abstain from voting on that one.

The MD90 I find very quiet up front and very noisey down the back, unfortunately I spend most of my time down the back. The cabins are a bit dated now and I find them a bit cramped (even more than the 737). On the plus side I think they are very smooth on the ground so have the most comfortable Taxiing.

Comment

Working...
                              X