checked baggage restriction in Y

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• checked baggage restriction in Y

Can anyone clarify about the checked baggage restricion for Y? I am flying IAH-SIN-SGN and back and 1st time on SQ. I checked the SQ website and it states that i am allowed 2 pieces with the total linear dimension not exceeding 107 inches, and the outside dimension of each bag cannot exceed 62 inches. I am planning on bring two big suitcases with each about 62 inches linear dimension and kinda worry about this. Anyone know how strict will SQ enforece these rules? I don't want to risk and go to the airport to find out i was oversized and pay the excess fee. Btw, anyone know how much is the excess baggage fee for the US? I travelled in Y with United internationally and had no problem. Anyone can share some thoughts about this would be greatly appreciated.

The ground staff don't really care on the dimension of your checked-in baggage. However, SQ recently are more strict on the weight of the baggage.
    Each bag MUST not exceed 23kg. You are even required to weigh your bags before checking in (That's what happen to me when i was checking in on SQ 11 in Dec'08). If your bags exceed 23 kg, you are required to remove stuff from your bags till they reach 23 kg.(Yes, they are that strict)

I suggest you to use lightweight bags (soft case) instead of the hard cases one as the hard cases ones are usually much heavier and they'll reach 23 kg even before it's fully filled.

Comment

Originally posted by sebastian_leng View Post
      The ground staff don't really care on the dimension of your checked-in baggage. However, SQ recently are more strict on the weight of the baggage.
      Each bag MUST not exceed 23kg. You are even required to weigh your bags before checking in (That's what happen to me when i was checking in on SQ 11 in Dec'08). If your bags exceed 23 kg, you are required to remove stuff from your bags till they reach 23 kg.(Yes, they are that strict)

I suggest you to use lightweight bags (soft case) instead of the hard cases one as the hard cases ones are usually much heavier and they'll reach 23 kg even before it's fully filled.
      I flew LHR-SIN in late Dec '08 and my bags were quite overweight (at least 25kg). No problems given. It's probably a lot to do with the individual ground staff member you get.

Comment

thanks for your replies. It's the dimensions that i am concerning. I am ok with the weight. I don't know if i should risk it.

Comment

Working...
        X