Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flights that don't give you the FULL SQ catering experience

Hi All,

I am on SQ231 to SIN-SYD on an upgrade to C with my wife.

Its her first time in C and i really wanted to give her a great experience. I could only afford the saver award for both of us so there was only 1 flight choice SQ231 on the 744.

I heard later that there have been flights out at midnight that won't give you the full C class experience. I called SQ to confirm that we would be getting supper and brekky but unfortunately NO!

Depart 0030 and arrive 1100! Arrive 1100 and no brekky?

Anyone know if supper is at least a full plated meal service with 3 courses?

I was hoping to for a really good experience....cos its my wife's first time. I know i sound damn loser to those who are paying C and F pax but for peasants like me, this an exciting thing to do. Anyone flown this flight in C and know what the menu will be like?

Thanks in advance!

Also feel free to add those services you know are similar so peasants like me don't get disappointed again....

Welcome SQDoubter!

Here's the menu for SQ231 from 6 months back:http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=220

These meals on these late-night mid-haul are somewhat abbreviated due to the length and time of departure.

Unfortunately, the supper will not be the full 3 course.

Comment

Oops you are too quick!
      I am still typing away in different window.

Comment

Thanks all for the quick response!! this really sucks... would it be better for me to BTC? I do have that option on my bookings.

Comment

Unfortunately, that flight after midnight had become a one meal service only as a sleeper service.
          This is the sample of the menu from last year.

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
          menu

To allow you a longer period of undisturbed rest, please let us know your preference for the following meal service options:

- To be served your meal soon after take-off
          OR
          - To be served your meal about 2 hours before arrival

To Start With
          A choice of apple, tomato or freshly squeezed orange juice

The Main Event
          Singapore nasi lemak
          Malay style coconut rice with spicy prawns, peanuts, ikan bilis, grilled fish cake, egg omelette and fried chicken
          A local favourite served with sambal chilli

Warm focaccia with chicken, pesto spread and fontina cheese, grilled vegetables

Braised rice vermicelli with scallops, prawns, fish and leafy greens

American Breakfast
          Fruit yoghurt
          Poached egg with bacon, sauteed spinach, tomato and potatoes
          Bread selection with preserves

Continental Breakfast
          Assorted bread with preserves

Prawn noodle soup
          Noodles in broth served with prawn and fish cake

Your meal will be served with a selection of sliced fresh fruits

A Connoisseur's Choice
          Gourmet coffee
          Selection of tea

SQ231A SIN-SYD (CM1) 28-1.1 07 RC
          Yes it has been a big debate among us here regarding this kind of meal service. But from the SQ point of view, the feedback that they receive is the fact that many pax prefer to sleep longer. Thus just one meal only whether after taking off or before landing to allow pax has a longer service.

This is what I can suggest for you to enjoy more your C experience with your dearest wife.

Go early to the airport. Enjoy T3. And go to SKL. Yes you are in C. So you can wait for your flight at SKL C Lounge which you know already. You can have your dinner there. I know some of SQTalkers here really dislike this place but for me it's pretty decent for fulfilling my appetite.

Make sure you have your BTC ordered at least 24 hours prior. So when you are on board, you will have something more substantial than what showed in the sample menu above.

If you get a great crew, you may even be able to have something after taking off, and have the BTC for your brekkie. Of course it's not always successful depending on many invisible factors, but I know I had experienced the magic work of having two meals for a red eye flight.

Comment

Originally posted by SQDoubter View Post
            Thanks all for the quick response!! this really sucks... would it be better for me to BTC? I do have that option on my bookings.
            I would BTC

Comment

Not to forget, WELCOME TO SQTALK, SQDoubter.

Comment

Thanks SQ LPP and 9V-JKL. You guys are great!! So much information.... and instantly too!! This place is great... with people like you 2 around, it makes it even harder to move away from SQ....

hahah i am one of those people that always say.."thats it...SQ is losing my business" but then when i get on board i say "thank you miss SQ Girl you really are a great way to fly".

BUt unfortuntely for most ppl on earth we spend much more time on the ground where service is well... you know...

Comment

has anyone BTC on this flight? for either C or F. would be curious to hear the experience and choices. thanks.

Comment

Hi I'm planning a trip to HKG from BNE sometime prior to September (to take advantage of 25% off).

I know the night time service only has the Supper or Breakfast option. Hence I planned to fly on the daytime flights, however i saw that MAN Flyer posted this http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=355

Does this mean even the day flights only have a "Light Meal" + Refreshment option?

Any advice on specific flights that offer the best experience would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

On the BNE-SIN sector yes, that's what you'd be getting, however coming back on SQ245, you'd get lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by dttj0069 View Post
                        has anyone BTC on this flight? for either C or F. would be curious to hear the experience and choices. thanks.
                        I did recently BTC on a different supper service flight. Everything is the same per the supper menu except that the main course is replaced with the BTC dish of your choice. You still have the option whether to be served after takeoff or prior to arrival.

I tend not to BTC for lunch/dinner service flights as I like to see what meal choices are offered. However, given the relatively poor/light main course options for the supper service flights, I highly recommend making a BTC selection beforehand.

Comment

On the Adelaide to Singapore Services It is a Lunch and Refreshments Service.They feed you rather generously Coming Home the other way It is a Supper and Breakfast Service.

To my knowledge I have never seen the term light meal used on Any Menu Maybe It is More a Melbourne/Sydney/Brisbane Service Term.

Comment

Light meal is used for the secondary meal on longer daylight flights (eg AKL-SIN).

Comment

Originally posted by SQADL333 View Post
                              On the Adelaide to Singapore Services It is a Lunch and Refreshments Service.They feed you rather generously Coming Home the other way It is a Supper and Breakfast Service.

To my knowledge I have never seen the term light meal used on Any Menu Maybe It is More a Melbourne/Sydney/Brisbane Service Term.
                              Interesting then that you get Supper and Breakfast on the SIN-ADL service yet on the MEL-SIN serive you only get Supper....

Comment

Working...
                              X