No announcement yet.

BTC selection help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I tried the Curry Lobster in Suites on SQ26. Very yummy!

Comment

• Anyone had the Chicken tikka khurchan masala ex-SIN?

I'll be on the SIN-BOM SQ 424 in F soon... wondering if anyone has tried this?

Thank you.

Comment

• I just had the black cod nicoise. the fish was delicious, tender and moist, but the problem is the sauce is bland and oily. So the dish is a bit lacking, as a whole. Needs a good sauce. I'll go for the Chilean Sea Bass next time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Short Final View Post
          I just had the black cod nicoise. the fish was delicious, tender and moist, but the problem is the sauce is bland and oily. So the dish is a bit lacking, as a whole. Needs a good sauce. I'll go for the Chilean Sea Bass next time.

I tried it last Sunday.
          It was one of my favorite airline meals! I actually liked the fish-soaked oil which they provided separately. Used it for the bread

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
            Thanks! I've BTC-ed the Confit next Tues-Weds
            How was your BTC Chicken Confit?

Comment

• Thanks, Concept! I've selected the Cod for an upcoming flight... was having doubts...but this loooks really good!

Comment

• Originally posted by BerryFusion View Post
                Thanks, Concept! I've selected the Cod for an upcoming flight... was having doubts...but this loooks really good!
                You made the right choice, I loved it too.
                My reviews are a few threads up.

I wrote there that it was fresh-tasting and natural. The fish was really good and moist. Of course some may find it bland. One man's meat is another's poison.

Comment

• there's going to be new BTC dishes from 1 January. Look out for it, though it's mainly for flights with breakfast..

Comment

• SQ already has them up on the site, looks like it's just ex SIN.

Grilled Angus Beef Burger
                    (from 1 January 2014)
                    Grilled Angus beef burger with portobello mushroom, sauteed onions and cherry tomatoes
                    (inclusive of Breakfast service)

Warm Waffle with Strawberry Coulis
                    (from 1 January 2014)
                    Warm waffle with strawberry coulis, fresh berries and mascarpone cheese (Breakfast only)

Poached Egg Served with Hollandaise Sauce
                    (from 1 January 2014)
                    Poached egg served with hollandaise sauce with smoked salmon, asparagus and potato hash
                    (Breakfast only)

Sauteed Monkey-Head Mushroom with Dried Chilli
                    (from 1 January 2014)
                    Sauteed monkey-head mushroom with dried chilli served with broccoli and braised ee fu noodle

Comment

• And it's for both J AND F

Way to go!

Comment

• Would be amazing if they could pull off the poached egg

Comment

• Chargrilled Soya-Flavoured Beef by Yoshihiro Murata (J Class)

Chargrilled Soya-Flavoured Beef

Japanese-style beef, vegetables simmered in mirin, and shimeiji mushroom rice. Designed by Singapore Airlines International Culinary Panel Chef Yoshihiro Murata

It looks good and it is quite tasty with a balance of sweet and savoury notes. But there was too little sauce. The beef was tender but not juicy. The dish needs a lot more sauce. I won't order it again.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
                            Chargrilled Soya-Flavoured Beef

Japanese-style beef, vegetables simmered in mirin, and shimeiji mushroom rice. Designed by Singapore Airlines International Culinary Panel Chef Yoshihiro Murata.

It looks good and it is quite tasty with a balance of sweet and savoury notes. But there was too little sauce. The beef was tender but not juicy. The dish needs a lot more sauce. I won't order it again.
                            Same here, I wasn't impressed by it. My beef was very well cooked and a tad on the chewy side (call it unlucky). More sauce could have made it more palatable.

On the new breakfast dishes I also wonder how they would pull off runny poached eggs. Even at home when poaching eggs I'm off the mark 50% of the time (it then becomes a boiled egg sandwich ) and hard boiled eggs bendict are no good in my book. Oh well, may be able to try them (or the Burger) out on a Biz flight to KIX later in the year.
                            Last edited by demue; 7 April 2014, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by demue View Post
                              On the new breakfast dishes I also wonder how they would pull off runny poached eggs. Even at home when poaching eggs I'm off the mark 50% of the time (it then becomes a boiled egg sandwich ) and hard boiled eggs bendict are no good in my book.
                              I ordered poached eggs from the Yummy menu in First before and I got the absolute perfect eggs delivered after telling the crew I like them runny-runny.

Comment

• HKG-SIN BTC August 2014

Dinner service

Beef tenderloin with oriental XO sauce served with steamed rice and vegetables - beef was tender and sauce was flavourful. worth a try

Passion fruit mousse/cheese cake
                                - not bad with a tart taste. couldn't remember if it was a cheese cake though but i liked it

Cheese platter
                                - pretty sure the last time I had it we were served Carr's and not sor da bang

I'd post pictures if I knew how to ...
                                Last edited by jonleong; 18 August 2014, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X