Anyone flown SQ638 in R lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone flown SQ638 in R lately?

Has anyone flown SQ638 in R class lately?

Has the menu option changed?

I'm just wondering if I should BTC for supper AND still eat the breakfast as well. Is the Kaiseiki option standard?

I'm taking the flight on Tue night !

I am grounded. But for the past years when I am taking SQ638, I always did the BTC because the BTC choices were exactly like for dinner. If I decided not to eat, or just had the simple meals from the menu, I would ask the cabin crew to have my BTC rack of lamb or the rib-eye steak.

Comment

The past menu that is posted above listed the Kaiseiki as main course for supper. That was what I wanted anyway, so maybe I will go for the Lobster Thermidor. And be greedy and have the Kaiseiki as well if I don't have enough!

And then have the bak kut teh for breakfast as well.

Hey, I might as well milk it for as much as its worth right?

Comment

Hmm sounds someone I know, who had at least two meals for that 6 hours red eye flight. The difference is not milk, but Krug or Dom.

Comment

Honestly premium classes are wasted on me.. as I don't (can't) drink champagnes and white wines. I used to be able to but now am quite allergic to whites and don't know why.

Took SQ 638 and the meal was almost exactly the same as the inaugural flight which Carfield took a few months back except that my supper option only offered the Kaiseki meal.

See: Here

But I had my BTC Lobster - which was not all that hot. In taste and temperature! And I also asked for the Kaiseki to be served for breakfast. I was honestly disappointed with the kaiseki to be honest. Is that it? Is it the same for all flights? Or are supper portions smaller than regular day flights?

Cos I have had better Kaiseki's on CX, JL in their F classes, and even on AC's J!

Comment

IIRC kyo kaiseki (and hanagoyomi in business class) differs between redeye/overnight flights and daylight flights.

Comment

I am not that fond of SQ kyo-kaiseki. Have done it. And that's all. Yes, I remember when taking SQ12 SIN-NRT or the red-eye, kyo-kaiseki set was different.

BTW, the link was to Y menu.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
                Has anyone flown SQ638 in R class lately?

I'm taking the flight on Tue night !
                Any trip report, Guy Betsy?

Comment

Working...
                X