Bak Kut Teh for Supper in J on SQ800 SIN-PEK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bak Kut Teh for Supper in J on SQ800 SIN-PEK

I have to say this meal really hit the spot. Perfect for a 12.55am departure.

The pork ribs were tender, and the broth had good flavour and was piping hot (Thankfully no clear air turbulence on this flight...). I was also very impressed that the Bak Kut Teh came with several traditional accompaniments.

Note that this is Singapore style Bak Kut Teh, with clear, slightly peppery broth, and not the dark, rich broth you get in Malaysian Klang-style Bak Kut Teh.

Very good attention to detail, including the peanuts, salted vegetables, sliced red chilli and dark soy sauce. Maybe next time I will pack my own chopped fresh garlic

I think they meant that as a brekkie dish

I can imagine quite a few people would be thrilled to have that for breakfast

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
      I think they meant that as a brekkie dish

I can imagine quite a few people would be thrilled to have that for breakfast
      I could eat Bak Kut Teh for breakfast, lunch or dinner! But yes, more commonly a breakfast or lunch dish...

I wonder if MH serves Klang-style Bak Kut Teh on any of their flights! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
        I wonder if MH serves Klang-style Bak Kut Teh on any of their flights! :-)
        Maybe a chicken version, MH don't serve pork :-)

I've BTCed the Bak Kut Teh on my last 2 flights ex-SIN. Thoroughly enjoyed them!

Comment

I like SQ bcos i can choose to eat pork..^^...if i choose MH...haiz, sian....

Comment

Working...
          X