Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Weaning Meal

Hi!

Does anyone here have pics of how post weaning meal look like and a child meal for infant? I've made a request for that for my 1 yo (by then) kid who will be travelling with us to Perth.

I was checking SQ website and the description is as follows:

Post-Weaning Meal
    (PWMLM)

Suitable for infants between 1 and 2 years old, this meal is more substantial than a Baby Meal. Food items are easy to bite, chew and digest.

Child Meal for Infant
    (CHMLI)
    Suitable for infants less than 2 years old, this meal is more substantial in terms of quantity and choice of meal components. Food items are easy to bite, chew and digest.
    I can't tell the difference between the 2 and the person over the phone said they were the same (???) except portion is probably bigger for CHMLI?

I googled and found these;

PWMLM
    http://crush-ice.blogspot.sg/2011/02...line-food.html

http://caitlynbebe.blogspot.sg/2008_10_01_archive.html
    This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Hi Kapitan, thanks, i've seen those two prior to posting, was wondering if others in this forum ordered it before

Comment

It doesn't actually look like that. I don't have pics, but its basically the following;

Minced Chicken
        Minced Carrot
        and one more Minced Veg (can't remember).

It actually tastes decent, and is awesomely healthy. But its not for all kids. My son took to it very quickly because he we have been feeding him Chicken and Carrot with little seasoning so he didn't mind that.

I saw that you're book in J, so another route you could do is to book the cook Congee, let your infant have that, and ask for a spare Business Meal. Works the last time for me to LHR as well. And the Congee tastes very tasty
        Life's A Bitch,
        Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Yes, I'd second inix's description. I also took the Post-Weaning meal last year for my 7 or 8 months old son as he was into chewy food as opposed to pureed food (Baby Meal).

Travelled in J too (albeit only to TPE) but mine came in a tray with plastic casseroles. One big casserole with 2 or 3 types of minced / half pureed food inside. I also tried to BTC the Congee, but the reservations claimed it was only available for breakfast meals (IIRC, mine was brunch). The portions were quite big, my son only managed to finish like 1/3, as probably he was restless during the flight and probably just had milk not too long ago.

I didn't take pictures either since I don't usually do TRs and handling my son is already too much trouble.

Comment

inix: that's a great idea!! i didn't think about that, thanks! i'll get a congee for my meal!

fone: thanks for the tip!

Comment

Hello, I have been following the forum for a while but have never posted. I am travelling in F with my 9-month old later this week. If I BTC the garoupa congee and then give it to my girl (she can't take the PWML just yet...more in the transition phase between that and the Baby Meal), is it confirmed that I will be able to get a spare F breakfast? I'm eyeing the European breakfast that they currently have.

Comment

Maybe you can try to BTC the congee in her name.

Comment

Originally posted by fone View Post
                  Maybe you can try to BTC the congee in her name.
                  I tried - the CSO said I can't do it...she's only entitled to either the Baby Meal or the Post Weaning Meal. He said the Book the Cook option is only for "adults". By adults I guess he meant people who pay for a seat and not 10% of the full fare to sleep in a bassinet!

Comment

If you don't mind having J meals, they would probably have spare J meals rather than spare F meals. Something for you to ponder....
                    Life's A Bitch,
                    Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Working...
                    X