Which is better for Long Haul in J? A380 or 77W

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is better for Long Haul in J? A380 or 77W

I have a choice of A380 or 77W for a long haul flight ( 10+ hours ). I think they are the same seat, but I'm not exactly sure since I haven't flew 777W in J yet. Are there any difference? Which is more comfortable or have better seat features for long haul?

Thanks in advance.

It depends what seat you can get to be honest. If you can get 11A or 11K on the 77W then it is a no brainer as that small two row cabin is fabulous and those seats are the best J seats in the SQ fleet imo*.

Alternatively 14A/K on the 77W are good seats but can be a little noisy as for an overnight flight where you want to sleep as they are opposite the galley, even though the crew do their best to keep the noise down. 17A/K on the 380 are the same.

*They should be for QPP/TPP only, just like 17H/K on the 744.

Comment

...could not agree more with MAN Flyer - 11A/K on the 77W is a winner considering the small private cabin.

If only SQ would block 11A/K for QPP/TPP - at least a this would be seen as a real benefit for PPS members even though the odds are low considering the size of PPS community.

Comment

Sounds like LHR route to me. If it is, I would choose flight timings over aircraft.

Comment

I couldn't agree more that 11A/K on the 773 are by far the best you can get on any SQ plane. Definately better than the 380. Also all of my recent upgrades from J to F have been from those seats (with one exception from 12A).

Cheers

Comment

Thanks guys for all your helpful feedback. Yes, it's the LHR route. But how do I know if I book 77W that seat 11A/K are available?

Comment

Originally posted by benlee View Post
              Thanks guys for all your helpful feedback. Yes, it's the LHR route. But how do I know if I book 77W that seat 11A/K are available?
              You'll need to check the seatmap. Presuming you don't use expertflyer etc if you let us know the date someone will have a look for you.

Comment

Given the choice ( SIN-LHR ) 77W over A380 J. Hands down. Every time.

Will PM you my reasons if you want...

And yes, mini cabin should be reserved for PPS

Comment

Yes...the mini cabin on SQ's 77W is definitely the best experience for long haul. However, in terms of a more comfortable aircraft, I would still go for A380.

Comment

FWIW, the A380 is much quieter (alternatively you could say the 77W is particularly noisy - over both the A380 and A340) and the quality of the air/humidity is better. The J seat is also marginally wider/longer

For LHR-SIN-LHR, however, the 77W flight timings are generally good, better for dealing with jetlag, sensibly timed meals, etc - they are also slightly quieter flights (less connectivity at both ends), which can make it more pleasant experience

Comment

Originally posted by kt74 View Post
                      FWIW, the A380 is much quieter (alternatively you could say the 77W is particularly noisy - over both the A380 and A340) and the quality of the air/humidity is better. The J seat is also marginally wider/longer

For LHR-SIN-LHR, however, the 77W flight timings are generally good, better for dealing with jetlag, sensibly timed meals, etc - they are also slightly quieter flights (less connectivity at both ends), which can make it more pleasant experience
                      +1

Balanced opinion...

Slightly quieter in the fewer PAX sense!!!

Comment

If I can get them, I prefer 11AK/14AK on the 77W. If in any other seat, I prefer being on the 380.

But going back to the OP's dilemma - I'd always choose timing above all else. No point going on SQ322 if I know my hotel room is not likely to be available when I arrive. No point going on SQ318 if I've got an appointment at 4pm the same day. No point choosing SQ308 if i'm connecting from say KUL, which i can't unless I overnight in SIN the night before.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                          If I can get them, I prefer 11AK/14AK on the 77W. If in any other seat, I prefer being on the 380.
                          +1.

IMO, 11A/K on the 77W are the best J seats in the longhaul fleet. (I don't like 14A/K due to proximity to the galley.) However, the A380 is the best a/c primarily due to the lower cabin noise level.

Comment

Thanks guys for your input. In the end, I choose The A380 due to the newer aircraft and quieter ambience. And the seat is 15K.

Comment

Originally posted by benlee View Post
                              Thanks guys for your input. In the end, I choose The A380 due to the newer aircraft and quieter ambience. And the seat is 15K.
                              post deleted
                              Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X