"Does Airline Food Always Have to Suck?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Does Airline Food Always Have to Suck?"

A few interesting tidbits (no pun intended) in this article about SQ catering.
    eg SQ is the second largest buyer of Dom Perignon in the world & an F meal costs double a J meal which in turn costs double a Y meal.

I recognise the Head of Catering guy in the video from the German doco about SQ operating the longest commercial flight in the world.

http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/good-ta...ory?id=9887554
    F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Wow, interesting video there. I still cannot understand why SQ's F food standard is going down? Especially the BTC meals
    Cabin Crew, takeoff stations...

Comment

That's because they place costs considerations above everything else. Why would an airline want to spend extra when they can continue to get the same revenue and give less service. There was a post somewhere here showing their costs has gone down. Along with it, quality has to suffer.

Don't get me wrong. Their marketing still impresses people and they have demonstrated if you are white, can argue well or shout loud enough, you will get your way. Some of their FAs can still provide passable service.

I'm sorry if this offends but it is very very true.

As someone posted, they are good but not Great.

SIA = Some Improvements Appreciated.

Comment

Notice how they don't mention a standard Y meal can run up to 2000 calories?

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
          Notice how they don't mention a standard Y meal can run up to 2000 calories?
          That's before the instant noodle snack?!
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
            That's before the instant noodle snack?!
            Yeah, including dessert though. Found out when I did some work at SATS many years ago.

Comment

Doesn't seem to be anything new here. Then again, I could be biased simply because a "journalist" couldn't even check the caption for spell check.

"dinning"

Comment

Working...
              X