This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
    It's not about SQ love in your case. It's just a plain reality rule of the FFP. With the same frame of mind of what you posted, when I used to have at least 150 PPS sectors, you mean I could get 6 years of being QualifiedPPS? I guess not...
    Damn shame it didn't work that way - if it did I'd still have many years worth of PPS status to look forward to.

Comment

Well, one can only hope

Comment

Just to update. I'm now in Rotterdam after doing SIN - CDG. I'm just 800+ miles away from gathering a total of 50K since last June.

Will be returning to SIN next Friday, so I guess by then we would have confirmation of how the system is like...
        Life's A Bitch,
        Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Hi Guys,

Just to confirmed, I've logged in to my KF account and they have again said that I am still ES. Sigh...
          Life's A Bitch,
          Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Comment

Hey guys, an update. I called KF Hotline around 8pm just now and the lady said that I should be EG already. She said that she will be forwarding the request to the support dept and they will change my account status.

I'm keeping my fingers doubly crossed...
            Life's A Bitch,
            Love It

Comment

Sounds a good news! Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by inix View Post
                Hey guys, an update. I called KF Hotline around 8pm just now and the lady said that I should be EG already. She said that she will be forwarding the request to the support dept and they will change my account status.

I'm keeping my fingers doubly crossed...
                I'm sure you'll be fine. Congratulations on EG status!
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                  I'm sure you'll be fine. Congratulations on EG status!
                  Thanks, but KF just called me. They said my Qualification period is from April to March, hence missing it completely.. I do have another 18K to hit by Jan if I want to hit it
                  Life's A Bitch,
                  Love It

Comment

Thanks, but KF just called me. They said my Qualification period is from April to March, hence missing it completely.. I do have another 18K to hit by Jan if I want to hit it
                    Oh dear. Sorry to hear about that. I'm curious, why did you think your membership year had June as the boundary?
                    Just to update. I'm now in Rotterdam after doing SIN - CDG. I'm just 800+ miles away from gathering a total of 50K since last June.
                    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Oh dear. Sorry to hear about that. I'm curious, why did you think your membership year had June as the boundary?
                      Sorry to hear as well.
                      If KF says your period ended March 31, were you a new member last year, in June? Couple years ago a friend joined KF in September, and the counts reset to zero in Mar 31.

Comment

The issue is, I forgot when I signed up. You see... I only started flying SQ Y exclusively since Jul 2007. Prior to that, it was SQ, but but it was generally Q so never had miles. Back then, I didn't understand the term "qualifying" period.

I've always assumed that it was 50K in 1 year, as opposed to 50K in each membership year, until I read about it in SQTalk, so I guess I was trying my luck more then anything else.. The lady did helped to raise my hope.

Its not anyone's fault, but if I'm lamenting the fact that I didn't read hard enough. I would have signed up for a new KF Account in June 2007 if I know about this, as prior to that, I have only around 7K Miles and no Elite miles... Oh well
                        Life's A Bitch,
                        Love It

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                          Sorry to hear as well.
                          If KF says your period ended March 31, were you a new member last year, in June? Couple years ago a friend joined KF in September, and the counts reset to zero in Mar 31.
                          Thanks. But nothing to be sorry about I was more of trying my luck. Anyway, 18K is not too hard to hit. I have a TG Trip in Dec 08 coming, and thats 13+K gone. As for the other 5K, a couple of regional trips would clear it quickly.

I guess I just have to wait longer
                          Life's A Bitch,
                          Love It

Comment

Hey Guys,

After appealing, SQ showed me a huge amount of love!!!!

I present thee!

===============

My Account Balance Statement Date 25 Jun 2008

Membership Status
                            Current Tier Elite Gold

Valid Until 30 Jun 2009

KrisFlyer Miles
                            Current Balance 74,313

Elite Miles
                            Current Elite Miles 6,663

Miles required for KrisFlyer Elite Gold requalification 43,337
                            by 30 Jun 2009
                            Life's A Bitch,
                            Love It

Comment

congrats on your new EG

I am just curious here from your new KF statement cos from what I noe, the last flight that you took CDG-SIN should net about 7k miles and you only need about 800 rite? The excess qualification miles should not be carried forward for qualification for the next year from memory.

Perhaps SQ is showing you much love here or I might be wrong too.

Comment

Originally posted by zander View Post
                                congrats on your new EG

I am just curious here from your new KF statement cos from what I noe, the last flight that you took CDG-SIN should net about 7k miles and you only need about 800 rite? The excess qualification miles should not be carried forward for qualification for the next year from memory.

Perhaps SQ is showing you much love here or I might be wrong too.
                                You're absolutely right. I was supposed to be ES, but SQ showed me some love. Not only they put me to EG (saying strictly 1 time only), they also just put my entire SIN - CDG Sector under the EG Qualification!
                                Life's A Bitch,
                                Love It

Comment

Working...
                                X