Air Ticket Redemption for trip to New Zealand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Ticket Redemption for trip to New Zealand

I am thinking of redeeming 2 X Y Class ticket to New Zealand.

I understand that the miles required is 55k X 2 if i redeem it for SIN-AKL-SIN.

Will the miles required be the same if i go for SIN-AKL CHC-SIN?

Any advice will be appreciated!

Yes, the miles are the same,
    The only problem is the system can only do simple point to point. SIN-AKL-SIN or SIN-CHC-SIN should be ok, if you want to get the online booking 15% discount.

The system can't handle a SIN-AKL-CHC-SIN or SIN-AKL//CHC-SIN. The former involves another carrier (NZ) and the latter involves an open jaw which will render the the discount void.

But if you don't mind not having the 15% discount - then yes, you can do it and stop at both AKL and CHC (AKL enroute stopover, CHC turnaround point).

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      Yes, the miles are the same,
      The only problem is the system can only do simple point to point. SIN-AKL-SIN or SIN-CHC-SIN should be ok, if you want to get the online booking 15% discount.

The system can't handle a SIN-AKL-CHC-SIN or SIN-AKL//CHC-SIN. The former involves another carrier (NZ) and the latter involves an open jaw which will render the the discount void.

But if you don't mind not having the 15% discount - then yes, you can do it and stop at both AKL and CHC (AKL enroute stopover, CHC turnaround point).
      Thanks! since 15% discount no longer applies. This mean that i can make a trip down to paragon for coffee.

Comment

Need you help on another question. If i making the following booking my travel agent on C class:

SIN-LHR
        CDG-SIN

Will it be cheaper than SIN-LHR-SIN or more expensive, given CDG-SIN is shorter distance than LHR-SIN.

Comment

Originally posted by tris View Post
          Need you help on another question. If i making the following booking my travel agent on C class:

SIN-LHR
          CDG-SIN

Will it be cheaper than SIN-LHR-SIN or more expensive, given CDG-SIN is shorter distance than LHR-SIN.
          oops........ read the question wrongly.

Distance has very little to do with it - it's UK APD plus the fact that LHR tends to fall into a higher fare vs mainland europe.

SIN-LHR//CDG-SIN will certainly save you 80 pounds longhaul premium APD - so will certainly be cheaper - but you will still pay LHR fare.

If you threw in a LHR-CDG leg in BA or AF J (if full fare) - the fare itself will be included , but you will still pay 80 pounds longhaul premium APD, not 20 pounds shorthaul premium APD as they look at your final destination.

Comment

Working...
          X