Any other SQT'ers stuck in BKK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any other SQT'ers stuck in BKK?

I'm stuck here bored!!!! Any other SQT'ers stuck here wanna meet up and have lunch or dinner?

Oh dear... BKK has faced a lot of problems, including the closure of airport. Cheer up.
    All of the people must find a good solution to end it.

Comment

fumitani, I'm sorry to hear about your predicament. On any other weekend I'd be in your position as well.

I was just in the lounge in SGN and another pax's travel plans were also disrupted (VTE-BKK-SIN-SYD-CNB became VTE-SGN + 1 day -SIN-SYD-CNB...

Have you considered alternative modes of transportation to Chiang Mai? From there it's possible to get into another SE Asian capital and proceed onwards to your final destination.

Best of luck and stay safe.
      Last edited by Kyo; 30 November 2008, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Hope you get home safely Fumi

Comment

Well since BKK is my hometown I'm not complaining much, but I have to get back to work. My dad totally understands the situation and is letting me stay here until I can find a way back. I am totally safe. My dad just got back to Japan on a special flight to KIX by JL.

I'm calling TG everyday to see if they have space for the NRT special flight, but it's always full. Considering I can go to ICN, but I must find a way home which will cost $300+ for a one way full fare. My dad just told me to stay here until there is space on the NRT flight or if TG runs a direct flight back to KIX for me.

Any other flights from HKT or CNX...are just booked solid! Until Dec 7-10th.... Considering I have to go home to take care of business and come back on the 14th does not look very good right now

Comment

Anyone suffered from closed Bangkok Airport?

My sister wanted to come to visited me in London but can't go because of sit-in protest at BKK airport. Anyone suffered from that event? What do you think, how long it will be?

Comment

I might be one of those affected. I've got a flight to Auckland on the 15th and I don't think it will take off on time now. Worse, I've book all my relevant hotels and I don't remember that I can cancel those.

Idiotic!
              Life's A Bitch,
              Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5807

Might be an idea to continue in that other thread? (have sent a report)

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                  http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5807

Might be an idea to continue in that other thread? (have sent a report)
                  *Waves magic wand*

KeithMEL
                  All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

As Kyo noticed from my lounge-meets post, I was in Bangkok during the crisis, basically held hostage by the airport siezure. It's really quite something when you don't have the freedom to leave when you want to. In the end, Mr. Megatop and I drove to Phuket, and I flew out from there to HKG, then back to Atlanta on Korean Air. Only cost me $4000 all-in to get home. Quite an expensive weekend getaway, and not at all relaxing. Had it not been for Mr. Megatop, I would have been far more of a wreck than I was.

Comment

Sounds painful... at least you're back in one piece now. Wonder if both of you have 'on-the-ground' pics during this crazy ordeal.. bit of an adventure anyway!

At any rate my plans have now also changed and BKK is off the menu this Friday night, whether or not LX flies.

Comment

Working...
                      X