The Mark of a Gentleman - guess who

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
    Paris Fashion Week might have something to do wth it.
    i can't believe anyone even found this.... I had NO IDEA about this until i got a text message in the middle of the night from a dear friend and fellow SQTalker. the picture was taken in paris outside of the Celine fashion show. I remember this particular photgrapher especially, because I ended up running into him on several occasions, and he would always ask to take my picture. he was really a kind person. I really had a nice time in Paris, and was able to get invitations to the Celine, Valentino, YSL, Hermes, Chloe and Marni fashion shows, which were all really amazing. Thanks for posting this!

Comment

Originally posted by kalenska View Post
      It seems one of our esteemed SQTalk members is featured on a New York Times
      online piece. Care to take a guess? The feature is an audio slide show entitled On the Street The Mark of a Gentleman.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...ure/index.html

He appears starting 1:18 in the slide show.
      hi kalenska, how did you even know this was me??? i was very surprised. PS, thank you to all for the very kind words.

Comment

To be honest - I took a giant leap of faith it was you.

I was browsing through the New York Times Magazine online and then clicked on the slide show (out of sheer boredom). When your picture came up I had to do a double take and play the slide several times thinking to myself - now where have I seen this guy before - and then it hit me that it was on SQTALK - none other than the dapper Taipeiflyer himself. The hat and the shoes kind of confirmed my guess but still I was not 100% sure.

Imagine if my guess turned out wrong - I would have been embarrassed. Anyway congratulations again on the feature.

Comment

Crikey, I missed this first time round !!.

Excellent stuff, taipeiflyer.

Comment

Missed this thread too!

Very dapper (as always), taipeiflyer.
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
            X