London meet up with the SuperJonJons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
    No problem phaleesy, we can make it closer to 14:00 (or even later if this helps?) Text me if you're really held up.
    Don't bother changing the time, nickbot. I'm already rather embarrassed that everyone has to wait until 1345 for a late lunch because of me. Do go ahead with lunch first if I'm not there by 1400. I'd text you if I'm delayed.

Comment

Have fun guys! Hope the newly wed survives the taste of winter. Hope the nickbots are not too tired from the kinky event Friday night. I am sure the whip and pain went together nicely. And yes, the roast duck will be the proper remedy. I hope the attempt of ransacking free mini bar would be a success. Come to mind, a high tea at Lanesborough sounds lovely.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
        Don't bother changing the time, nickbot. I'm already rather embarrassed that everyone has to wait until 1345 for a late lunch because of me. Do go ahead with lunch first if I'm not there by 1400. I'd text you if I'm delayed.
        Thanks phaleesy, no problems, look forward to seeing you

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
        Have fun guys! Hope the newly wed survives the taste of winter. Hope the nickbots are not too tired from the kinky event Friday night. I am sure the whip and pain went together nicely. And yes, the roast duck will be the proper remedy. I hope the attempt of ransacking free mini bar would be a success. Come to mind, a high tea at Lanesborough sounds lovely.
        Greetings from a rather cold London,...hope the SuperJonJons manage to brave the cold for nice hot roast duck in order to banish the winter chills! Hotel photos soon to be posted on IC group London thread. Thanks also for the Lanesborough tip

Comment

Have fun you guys.

Comment

Any pictures?
            Saw the previews! Which one is better: Goldmine or Four Seasons? Taste wise? Crowd wise?
            And phaleesy, you have a take out as well, don't you?

Comment

Nickbot and SuperJJ took some pics.

I personally prefer Four Seasons. SuperJJ and I thought Gold Mine was a touch too salty. However, Gold Mine was less fatty. Anyway, I went back to the trusty Four Seasons for my takeaway.

It wasn't crowded at Gold Mine when we turned up at 1345. Four Seasons wasn't crowded when I turned up at 1600. Don't know the lunch situation at Four Seasons.

Overall, I personally prefer Four Seasons. Service was a lot more polite. The Gold Mine leng lui was rather snappy.

It was a great afternoon. I volunteered to show the SuperJJs the way to the Lion King but got us all lost instead. Went east instead of south. If only I had a compass on me!

Comment

I've got to try this Gold Mine place the next time I am in London.

Glad to hear that you guys had a good time. Looking forward to see the pictures.

Comment

It was a great afternoon. I volunteered to show the SuperJJs the way to the Lion King but got us all lost instead. Went east instead of south. If only I had a compass on me!

Should be a memorable time for them - "Lost in London."

Comment

Should be a memorable time for them - "Lost in London."
                    Yes, it was indeed an experience for them. I think we called the experience 'approaching the Lion King from the side', since we went east first, then went back south again'. I hope they were not too unhappy with me for misleading them.

SuperJJ tried to do a bit of time travel as well (to meet Mr/Ms Early Edition perhaps? He wanted to buy tickets to Oliver (Mr Bean is in it!) for tonight's show. Turned out the show would only start running in Jan next year.

Comment

Perhaps next year we can do the show and dinner meet again! Definitely I need to make sure the nickbots are in IC so that I can save money for the GT.

BTW, why don't you take them to Leicester Square to buy the tix at the ticket oulets there? Plus, they would get the idea which shows are available. Hmm Haagen Dazs sounds yummy in the winter cold...

Comment

Next year we must book the tickets in advance to ensure that we have good seats at reasonable prices. It is difficult to walk about trying to get tickets at the last minute.

Once your travel documents are sorted, we could then make plans for makan and show.

(The nickbots did mention the ticket outlets at Leicester Sq but I thought it was easier to turn up at the box office directly since the SuperJJs said they wanted the Lion King initially)

Comment

Anyway, I went back to the trusty Four Seasons for my takeaway.
                          I just saw the picture again. Yeah looks like you pose in front of Four Seasons with an unknown guy between you and Mr. & Mrs SuperJonJon.

Comment

The Gold Mine leng lui was rather snappy.
                            Aiyoyo, what did I miss...

Comment

I just saw the picture again. Yeah looks like you pose in front of Four Seasons with an unknown guy between you and Mr. & Mrs SuperJonJon.
                              My takeaway is waiting for me in a cold box at the moment. Haven't had time to devour it yet. I bet it'd be succulent and tasty.

Comment

My takeaway is waiting for me in a cold box at the moment. Haven't had time to devour it yet. I bet it'd be succulent and tasty.
                                You avoid the real question. Who is that man?

Comment

Working...
                                X