Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore Airlines Signs Codeshare Agreement With Scandinavian Airlines

Singapore Airlines Signs Codeshare Agreement With Scandinavian Airlines

From 1 December 2010, Singapore Airlines’ customers can enjoy codeshare services to three new destinations in Scandinavia - Helsinki, Oslo and Stockholm - through an agreement with Star Alliance partner Scandinavian Airlines (SAS).

SIA operates three flights per week between Singapore and the Danish capital Copenhagen. The codeshare agreement will enable SIA customers to travel beyond Copenhagen to Helsinki, Oslo and Stockholm on SAS-operated flights carrying the SQ code. On a reciprocal basis, SAS will add its SK code to SIA’s flights between Copenhagen and Singapore, as well as on selected flights between Singapore and Bangkok. Details can be found in Annex A.

Singapore Airlines’ Senior Vice President Sales Regions, Mr Ng Kian Wah, said: “We are delighted to announce this agreement with SAS, enabling us to add destinations in Finland, Norway and Sweden to our codeshare network. We are confident the tie-up will pave the way for more leisure and business travel by offering customers of both airlines more travel options via Copenhagen and Singapore.”

https://www.singaporeair.com/mediace...438195084!NONE

1 SAS service is operated by Blue1, which SQ didn't mention
    Airline Route | twitter

Comment

I rather not take SAS between Copenhagen to Helsinki, Oslo and Stockholm , ... firstly it is not a daily to CPH by SQ and then from CPH on SAS, you have to pay even for your coffee.... better to transit from MUC...
      This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

As a Scandinavian based flyer, this is good for connecting BKK-SIN on SQ rather than TG as it is today. Though only available on the days SQ351 is not operating.

Comment

Damn it, this pretty much eliminates what little possibility there was of SAS restarting CPH-SIN

Comment

Have to agree with kapitan on this. As a former Norwegian-based flyer, I would much rather do SIN-MUC-OSL / SIN-FRA-OSL / SIN-AMS-OSL / SIN-LHR-OSL as they are dailies. Further I am not a fan of SK as they are pretty much a carrier charging full-service fares but operating on a budget model, and most of their FA's (especially on the SK Norge fleet) seem to have something stuck up their rear-ends...
            God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Another reason for me not to use CPH is SQ doesn't offer F on the route.
              My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Originally posted by Rejuvenated View Post
                Another reason for me not to use CPH is SQ doesn't offer F on the route.
                And it is not a daily...
                God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                  I rather not take SAS between Copenhagen to Helsinki, Oslo and Stockholm , ... firstly it is not a daily to CPH by SQ and then from CPH on SAS, you have to pay even for your coffee.... better to transit from MUC...
                  Actually hate flying SAS, feels like a familiar AK hehe

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                  most of their FA's (especially on the SK Norge fleet) seem to have something stuck up their rear-ends...
                  I think also the Swedish ones..

Comment

Originally posted by leo View Post
                    Actually hate flying SAS, feels like a familiar AK hehe

I think also the Swedish ones..
                    The Swedes are very nice people, no airs about them at all....... (ok, maybe not all, there would be some black swedes (sheeps) amongst them)..... no racial slur intended at all , but seriously Swedes are generally nice people, I work for a Swedish company and have been working with Swedes for 30+ years.
                    Last edited by kapitan; 8 December 2010, 02:47 PM.

Comment

I agree that the Swedes are nice people, but somehow the Swede cabin crews (my experience are extensively ARN-CPH, ARN-GOT, ARN-FRA) don't seem up to the mark (even when compared to LH, LO crew).

That said, I do like the SK lounges better than the LH ones , especially CPH.

Comment

I agree that the Swedes are nice people, but somehow the Swede cabin crews (my experience are extensively ARN-CPH, ARN-GOT, ARN-FRA) don't seem up to the mark (even when compared to LH, LO crew).

That said, I do like the SK lounges better than the LH ones , especially CPH.
                        Doesn't LH use the SK lounge in CPH?

Comment

Could've been better worded.. I like SK's CPH lounge better than LH's FRA lounges

Comment

Ok, one more reason which I do not want to transit through CPH, the airport is smoke free......., completely.

Comment

Could've been better worded.. I like SK's CPH lounge better than LH's FRA lounges
                              What, you mean you don't like the bus station canteens in FRA?? But honestly, they are way over-crowded especially in the SEN lounges.

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                              Ok, one more reason which I do not want to transit through CPH, the airport is smoke free......., completely.
                              Actually, each shop has been given the authority to build their own smoking rooms at CPH provided they adhere to Danish regulations (they have to be cleaned out and cleaners have the right to work in a smoke-free environment, etc.). As this would be at their own cost, no one has taken up the offer. This was what I was told by the people working at CPH about a year ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X