SQTalk  

Go Back   SQTalk > Singapore Airlines > KrisFlyer & PPS Club

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th March 2012, 04:13 PM   #1
SMK77
SQTalk Solitaire PPS
 
Join Date: 02-Apr-2008
Programs: SQ PPS, BA Gold, LH HON
Posts: 1,320
Default First Class Saver: Post your successful redemption

To make it easier for people to follow SQ's logic in releasing F savers to KF and *A partners, please post your successful redemption bookings here.

Post routing - Month - Program:

SIN-MUC - September - KF
SFO-HKG - July - LH
etc.

First Class only and please do not post any comments but use the main thread for discussions:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthre...370#post161370
SMK77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2012, 04:18 PM   #2
9V-SIA
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS
 
Join Date: 22-Nov-2007
Location: Singapore
Programs: TPP
Posts: 2,221
Default

SIN-AMS - July - KF
AMS-SIN - Aug - KF
9V-SIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2012, 05:31 PM   #3
SMK77
SQTalk Solitaire PPS
 
Join Date: 02-Apr-2008
Programs: SQ PPS, BA Gold, LH HON
Posts: 1,320
Default

SIN-AMS - September - KF (redemption before March 1)
AMS-SIN - September - KF (redemption before March 1)
AMS-SIN - October - KF (redemption before March 1)
SMK77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2012, 09:02 AM   #4
SQueeze
SQTalk Solitaire PPS
 
Join Date: 05-Apr-2011
Location: SIN/BLR/BOM/DEL
Programs: SQ QPP, 9W JP Platinum, VN GL Silver
Posts: 1,172
Default

CGK-SIN-MUC - December 2012 - KF
CGK-SIN-SFO - February 2013 - KF
SFO-SIN-CGK - February 2013 - KF

MUC F saver seats were available since this morning. SFO flights and most North American and South American routes were already available since 2nd March.

Also observed that MAN, MXP, BCN (SQ68), GRU, DME, IAH are available throughout many dates in 2013. AMS was observed to be available yesterday for Q3 bookings, but it has been zeroed out as of this morning. MEL, SYD, and AKL are available too across random dates.

Last edited by SQueeze; 7th March 2012 at 09:14 AM..
SQueeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2012, 02:11 AM   #5
SQueeze
SQTalk Solitaire PPS
 
Join Date: 05-Apr-2011
Location: SIN/BLR/BOM/DEL
Programs: SQ QPP, 9W JP Platinum, VN GL Silver
Posts: 1,172
Default

tough nut to crack.

LHR-SIN-CGK (SQ319) - January 2013 - KF

Saw it as 'available' online since yesterday morning, but not bookable offline as part of a longer Star Alliance routing. The offline agents saw 'not available' and insisted that what was shown online was a system glitch. We were waitlisted for a good part of the day with agents refusing to do anything till today (8 Mar). Finally, one of them requested and the seats are confirmed. Super-high surcharge though
SQueeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2012, 10:15 PM   #6
FFlyer
SQTalker
 
Join Date: 23-Apr-2010
Posts: 6
Default

PEK-SIN. April 2012. KF.
FFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2012, 10:44 PM   #7
darklord-x
SQTalker
 
Join Date: 21-Feb-2012
Location: Singapore
Programs: Amex Plat, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, AClub Gold, TK*G, CX MPC Gold, UA*G
Posts: 25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFlyer View Post
PEK-SIN. April 2012. KF.
SIN-HKG-SIN. June 2012. KF.
Cost:
Miles > 63750 Miles
Airport/Government Taxes > SGD 53.90
Carrier Surcharges > SGD 75.00
Total > SGD 128.90

darklord-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2012, 09:10 AM   #8
9V-JKL
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP2
 
9V-JKL's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-Nov-2006
Posts: 4,485
Default

Pls also share how many seats you managed to redeem.
9V-JKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2012, 09:24 AM   #9
SQueeze
SQTalk Solitaire PPS
 
Join Date: 05-Apr-2011
Location: SIN/BLR/BOM/DEL
Programs: SQ QPP, 9W JP Platinum, VN GL Silver
Posts: 1,172
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9V-JKL View Post
Pls also share how many seats you managed to redeem.
Good idea, for me:

CGK-SIN-MUC --- 2
CGK-SIN-SFO --- 2
SFO-SIN-CGK --- 2
LHR-SIN-CGK --- 2

Some of the flights have 4 F seats wide open.
SQueeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2012, 06:38 AM   #10
motodave
SQTalker
 
Join Date: 16-Jun-2011
Posts: 29
Default

I have no luck, was trying for 2 either saver first class or one saver and one standard first class from SFO- Sing in Dec, and no luck, trying booking in mid Feb and I have checked every day since, and the LA office basically told me if I want the STD award they may beable to get that (dont want to burn 360,000 each ticket) but they doubt Singapore will release saver tickets and if they do it will be a day or two before the flight will leave.

I thought it was two good to be true


MOTODAVE
motodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2012, 08:51 AM   #11
SMK77
SQTalk Solitaire PPS
 
Join Date: 02-Apr-2008
Programs: SQ PPS, BA Gold, LH HON
Posts: 1,320
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by motodave View Post
I have no luck, was trying for 2 either saver first class or one saver and one standard first class from SFO- Sing in Dec, and no luck, trying booking in mid Feb and I have checked every day since, and the LA office basically told me if I want the STD award they may beable to get that (dont want to burn 360,000 each ticket) but they doubt Singapore will release saver tickets and if they do it will be a day or two before the flight will leave.
You need to start with one ticket and I see some seats in December immediately available. For all other flights, you can waitlist. Call them after a week and push for clearance.

Take note that SIN-SFO has the highest loads of any flight into the US. They can actually sell the seats and have no need to hand out saver awards.

If I were you, I would fly SIN-LAX on the non-stop in Business Class. Savers are available and the loads are very low.

The difference between J and F is tiny anyway, so save the miles...
SMK77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2012, 09:51 AM   #12
SQueeze
SQTalk Solitaire PPS
 
Join Date: 05-Apr-2011
Location: SIN/BLR/BOM/DEL
Programs: SQ QPP, 9W JP Platinum, VN GL Silver
Posts: 1,172
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK77 View Post
You need to start with one ticket and I see some seats in December immediately available. For all other flights, you can waitlist. Call them after a week and push for clearance.

Take note that SIN-SFO has the highest loads of any flight into the US. They can actually sell the seats and have no need to hand out saver awards.

If I were you, I would fly SIN-LAX on the non-stop in Business Class. Savers are available and the loads are very low.

The difference between J and F is tiny anyway, so save the miles...
December is difficult to get, but there are 4 seats available on random dates in February. Strange if you can't book them either. Even on the dates where I have taken 2 seats, I still can book another 4. I can take my entire family onboard

Or were you trying to book offline through the call centre? My experience with my LHR-SIN flight (refer to a few posts above) was that the seats were 'available' online but 'not available' to the agents. They could only waitlist me. I tried calling back a few times until one helpful agent put me on hold for a good 5 minutes, and then she came back with the confirmation. She said she submitted a 'request' - I am not sure whether this was a manual call to the inventory management or a telex note in the system. You can give it a try - for the dates where seats are available online. For December, I doubt they can clear anything soon.

You are using KF miles, right? Shouldn't you be booking online rather than calling them?

Anyway, I agree with SMK77 that the difference between J and F is not much on this route but SQ upped the redemption rates for J much higher across the board while generally keeping the increases for F more reasonable. The difference in miles for J and F are relatively reflective of their actual difference. I think it is fair. And there is always that chance of an upgauge to the still-unredeemable Suites. Remember, 3 more fat planes are coming in the 2nd half of this year.

Last edited by SQueeze; 10th March 2012 at 11:54 AM..
SQueeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2012, 11:39 AM   #13
SMK77
SQTalk Solitaire PPS
 
Join Date: 02-Apr-2008
Programs: SQ PPS, BA Gold, LH HON
Posts: 1,320
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQueeze View Post
......to the still-unredeemable Suites...
Suites are redeemable - just for a lot more miles than F...
SMK77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2012, 03:25 PM   #14
crazycrab955
SQTalk Elite Gold
 
Join Date: 07-Dec-2006
Location: SIN
Programs: TPP, UA 1K
Posts: 170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK77 View Post
Take note that SIN-SFO has the highest loads of any flight into the US. They can actually sell the seats and have no need to hand out saver awards.
Which begs the question...are there any plans to upgauge SQ1/2 (it was supposed to be one of the first A380 routes but then fell off the map)?

Last edited by crazycrab955; 10th March 2012 at 05:12 PM..
crazycrab955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2012, 05:28 PM   #15
eriond
SQTalk Elite Gold
 
Join Date: 16-Feb-2010
Location: Singapore
Programs: *G
Posts: 194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQueeze View Post
December is difficult to get, but there are 4 seats available on random dates in February. Strange if you can't book them either. Even on the dates where I have taken 2 seats, I still can book another 4. I can take my entire family onboard

Or were you trying to book offline through the call centre? My experience with my LHR-SIN flight (refer to a few posts above) was that the seats were 'available' online but 'not available' to the agents. They could only waitlist me. I tried calling back a few times until one helpful agent put me on hold for a good 5 minutes, and then she came back with the confirmation. She said she submitted a 'request' - I am not sure whether this was a manual call to the inventory management or a telex note in the system. You can give it a try - for the dates where seats are available online. For December, I doubt they can clear anything soon.

You are using KF miles, right? Shouldn't you be booking online rather than calling them?

Anyway, I agree with SMK77 that the difference between J and F is not much on this route but SQ upped the redemption rates for J much higher across the board while generally keeping the increases for F more reasonable. The difference in miles for J and F are relatively reflective of their actual difference. I think it is fair. And there is always that chance of an upgauge to the still-unredeemable Suites. Remember, 3 more fat planes are coming in the 2nd half of this year.
4 out of 8 seats in 77W F available for Saver redemption? Wow.

And I agree that J Savers to 1st-tier EU cities are not as attractive anymore.
The difference between I and O (before and after 1st March) is still 23,375 miles after 15% discount, but the differential in mileage from I to O is "only" 34% now, compared to the previous 50%.
eriond is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
business saver redemption on a380/777 isaac KrisFlyer & PPS Club 30 23rd July 2011 11:45 PM
Appeal won: Can change from First Class saver to First Class standard free!! yongchau KrisFlyer & PPS Club 2 8th March 2010 03:16 PM
A380 J saver redemption available now - or glitch? bmchris All About Singapore Airlines 24 27th January 2010 09:06 PM
Economy Saver redemption HKG-SIN walker KrisFlyer & PPS Club 4 19th November 2009 09:36 AM
Economy Saver redemption SIN-JFK-SIN kris KrisFlyer & PPS Club 9 29th June 2009 09:21 PM


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Techadmin: Luke | Hosting: www.lomag.net