SQTalk  

Go Back   SQTalk > Singapore Airlines > All About Singapore Airlines

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th November 2020, 08:29 PM   #16
sbs2716g
SQTalk PPS Club
 
Join Date: 08-Nov-2016
Posts: 541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carfield View Post
Just to clarify on the 72 hours rule

"If your return flight to Hong Kong is scheduled to depart within 72 hours of when you provided the test specimen for your first COVID-19 test in Hong Kong, and the test results were negative, you won’t need to get tested again in Singapore."

I am just wondering if SQ is changing SQ 890/1 to an Airbus A350-900 with three cabin classes or not. Since they cap at 200 passengers per flight, using 359 or 751 makes little different with the exception of cargo space. I presume 359 will allow SQ to sell premium economy seats, which will improve its revenue!

Given the four hours wait on arrival in HK, I prefer SQ schedule!
The first point, it is difficult unless u do a turn around flight the same day or the next day ? Not sure how fast the result will came out in HK (not airport). So let say 24 hrs n you fly immediately from HK,, reach SIN @28hrs after test; that mean you must return to HK on the next day flight ? 28hr +24 hrs =52 hrs.


Given the price that they charge for Y seats,they should use the 3 class version n upgrade some of the Y paxes. Not sure how many Y seats they are selling each flight ? Maybe 150? 25 PE 25J?

They have updated the plane type to A350 (3 class) for the first few days. 8/dec still reflect as 787
sbs2716g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2020, 10:55 AM   #17
scooby5
SQTalk PPS Club
 
scooby5's Avatar
 
Join Date: 20-Jun-2008
Location: Singapore
Programs: KF-Gold
Posts: 924
Send a message via MSN to scooby5 Send a message via Skype™ to scooby5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
The flights will be full for at least 2-3 weeks, as I have 3 HK friends who are working here who would be going back in first week of december as they have not been back for a good 11 months and my friends have mentioned that many working and studying here will be doing the same. Similairly I would think that the several thousand of Singaporeans who are working and living in HK would be doing the same. And these people do not mind or have no choice about doing the 3 covid tests.
I got flights confirmed for a 29th departure.

I now have to give up the booked, and you should consider your friends whether the following applies, but those HK people here on Long-Term Passes such as Employment/Dependants/Student/Personal etc. will need to seek approval from MoM whilst in HK, to return to Singapore. Just rocking up at SIN airport on return, could result in pass cancellation.

I called MoM and no approval prior to departure will be granted.

It is a little unfair, and a huge risk to visit family in HK without guarantee of being allowed to return.
scooby5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2020, 11:39 AM   #18
sbs2716g
SQTalk PPS Club
 
Join Date: 08-Nov-2016
Posts: 541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby5 View Post
I got flights confirmed for a 29th departure.

I now have to give up the booked, and you should consider your friends whether the following applies, but those HK people here on Long-Term Passes such as Employment/Dependants/Student/Personal etc. will need to seek approval from MoM whilst in HK, to return to Singapore. Just rocking up at SIN airport on return, could result in pass cancellation.

I called MoM and no approval prior to departure will be granted.

It is a little unfair, and a huge risk to visit family in HK without guarantee of being allowed to return.
I would think MOM will not have no problem in granting the entry approval as long as you have the air ticket to return to sin? The approval can be given within the same day if u submit before 12 noon.
sbs2716g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2020, 11:58 AM   #19
scooby5
SQTalk PPS Club
 
scooby5's Avatar
 
Join Date: 20-Jun-2008
Location: Singapore
Programs: KF-Gold
Posts: 924
Send a message via MSN to scooby5 Send a message via Skype™ to scooby5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbs2716g View Post
I would think MOM will not have no problem in granting the entry approval as long as you have the air ticket to return to sin? The approval can be given within the same day if u submit before 12 noon.
Applications can only be submitted from overseas, outside Singapore.

Whilst approval can come on the same day, yes, we are aware of some that have been refused return, many times (one in Australia), equally others that have been approved (from Europe).

We don't know why some are refused, and will never find out.

It is a huge risk.
scooby5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2020, 10:45 PM   #20
reddevil0728
SQTalk PPS Club
 
Join Date: 28-Dec-2010
Posts: 363
Default

Hong Kong flags 'worrying' trend of unlinked COVID-19 cases; suspends face-to-face activities in kindergartens

will it be suspended before it even begin?

Last edited by reddevil0728; 14th November 2020 at 06:40 PM..
reddevil0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2020, 01:47 PM   #21
sbs2716g
SQTalk PPS Club
 
Join Date: 08-Nov-2016
Posts: 541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby5 View Post
Applications can only be submitted from overseas, outside Singapore.

Whilst approval can come on the same day, yes, we are aware of some that have been refused return, many times (one in Australia), equally others that have been approved (from Europe).

We don't know why some are refused, and will never find out.

It is a huge risk.
I am not sure those example that you have mention happen when? Is it recently esp for the australia case ? Previously, if you travel out to those countries which are not on green lane /approved list, then the return are al subject to MOM approval.

If MOM refuse a LOng term pass holder from returning from HK, they sure will make a big hooha n MOM will struggle to explain
sbs2716g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2020, 06:16 PM   #22
Carfield
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS
 
Join Date: 10-Dec-2006
Location: New York
Programs: American AAdvantage, BMI Diamond Club, United Mileage Plus, Northwest WorldPerks, Alaska Airlines
Posts: 2,367
Send a message via AIM to Carfield Send a message via Yahoo to Carfield
Default

I just saw SQ updated their flights with A350 with three class cabin.
Too bad, I have already booked my flight with CX and my travel agent issued the ticket.

There seems to be plenty of seats issued now especially in PE.

However, we have two local cases with no sources today. Tension seems to be heightened now.

Carfield
Carfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2020, 06:55 PM   #23
reddevil0728
SQTalk PPS Club
 
Join Date: 28-Dec-2010
Posts: 363
Default

Hong Kong tightens anti-coronavirus rules as local transmissions rise
reddevil0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2020, 10:00 AM   #24
flyguy
SQTalk Solitaire PPS
 
Join Date: 21-Dec-2006
Posts: 1,944
Default

The main concern would be after one leaves for HK in this bubble, and thereafter with the HK authorities now getting more concern on covid spread again and then if the bubble is closed, will these people who flew to HK be able to fly back to SIN?
flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2020, 10:26 AM   #25
scooby5
SQTalk PPS Club
 
scooby5's Avatar
 
Join Date: 20-Jun-2008
Location: Singapore
Programs: KF-Gold
Posts: 924
Send a message via MSN to scooby5 Send a message via Skype™ to scooby5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
The main concern would be after one leaves for HK in this bubble, and thereafter with the HK authorities now getting more concern on covid spread again and then if the bubble is closed, will these people who flew to HK be able to fly back to SIN?
Correct.

Two weeks from now when the first week-long visitors start their return?
Six weeks from now when students need to return for study?


The Australian contact of ours went home several months ago, did his quarantine and spent quality time with family. He cannot get approval to return and sent an email to clients/friends here a couple of weeks ago saying he'd given up and will stay in Australia. I don't know how he plans to sort out personal effects, housing, furniture, office etc. via Teams/Zoom.

We have personal experience of three, two were refused long enough they gave up (AU/UK) and one allowed to return (NL).

sbs2716g Those that could/will be refused return from HK are no more important or having higher priority, based on nationality, than those that have/are being refused a return from Europe, US, Australia and all over.

I was only highlighting for flyguy and his/all our HK friends (and anybody) on Long-term Passes who would be jumping at the chance to see family, to be mindful - return is not guaranteed.

The ATB was supposed to be special/different and to some degree it is, but without a RGL also in place, there is quite a demographic unable to reach the low hanging fruit. The current arrangement is too much of a risk still.
scooby5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2020, 10:47 AM   #26
reddevil0728
SQTalk PPS Club
 
Join Date: 28-Dec-2010
Posts: 363
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
The main concern would be after one leaves for HK in this bubble, and thereafter with the HK authorities now getting more concern on covid spread again and then if the bubble is closed, will these people who flew to HK be able to fly back to SIN?
if you are SG Citizen/PR shouldn't be an issue.
reddevil0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2020, 02:47 PM   #27
sbs2716g
SQTalk PPS Club
 
Join Date: 08-Nov-2016
Posts: 541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
The main concern would be after one leaves for HK in this bubble, and thereafter with the HK authorities now getting more concern on covid spread again and then if the bubble is closed, will these people who flew to HK be able to fly back to SIN?
Why not ? Suspended mean those who want to travel out willbe affected. But those who want to return can still returned.

Edit: From CX website, if travel bubble is suspended, returning paxes will be accommodated on non bubble flights and subject to 7 days SHN at Singapore or 14 days at HK

So this is the risk.

Last edited by sbs2716g; 15th November 2020 at 04:09 PM..
sbs2716g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2020, 02:51 PM   #28
sbs2716g
SQTalk PPS Club
 
Join Date: 08-Nov-2016
Posts: 541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby5 View Post
Correct.

Two weeks from now when the first week-long visitors start their return?
Six weeks from now when students need to return for study?


The Australian contact of ours went home several months ago, did his quarantine and spent quality time with family. He cannot get approval to return and sent an email to clients/friends here a couple of weeks ago saying he'd given up and will stay in Australia. I don't know how he plans to sort out personal effects, housing, furniture, office etc. via Teams/Zoom.

We have personal experience of three, two were refused long enough they gave up (AU/UK) and one allowed to return (NL).

sbs2716g Those that could/will be refused return from HK are no more important or having higher priority, based on nationality, than those that have/are being refused a return from Europe, US, Australia and all over.

I was only highlighting for flyguy and his/all our HK friends (and anybody) on Long-term Passes who would be jumping at the chance to see family, to be mindful - return is not guaranteed.

The ATB was supposed to be special/different and to some degree it is, but without a RGL also in place, there is quite a demographic unable to reach the low hanging fruit. The current arrangement is too much of a risk still.
Like that you say, your Australian friend return several month ago against the advisory of SIN GOV who mentioned that anyone under LTP who travel against advisory will face issue when returning. So how can he/she blame SIN GOV.?

The rule was only relaxed in sept n oct for certain countries.

Also , the gov have mention that those who travel under the approved schemes such as green lane n air bubble will not have issue in returning.
sbs2716g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2020, 03:18 PM   #29
scooby5
SQTalk PPS Club
 
scooby5's Avatar
 
Join Date: 20-Jun-2008
Location: Singapore
Programs: KF-Gold
Posts: 924
Send a message via MSN to scooby5 Send a message via Skype™ to scooby5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbs2716g View Post
Also , the gov have mention that those who travel under the approved schemes such as green lane n air bubble will not have issue in returning.

For RGL, yes it is clear as part of the application but for ATB there is nothing written and MoM couldn't guarantee a successful application when I called. It was up to the situation at the time so if you can show me where mentioned then I would appreciate confirmation even for my own case.

Other than that I have nothing in writing.
scooby5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2020, 04:36 PM   #30
sbs2716g
SQTalk PPS Club
 
Join Date: 08-Nov-2016
Posts: 541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby5 View Post
For RGL, yes it is clear as part of the application but for ATB there is nothing written and MoM couldn't guarantee a successful application when I called. It was up to the situation at the time so if you can show me where mentioned then I would appreciate confirmation even for my own case.

Other than that I have nothing in writing.
I would suggest that you call again. There is no requirement that you can only apply for entry approval after you arrive in HK. The entry approval can be apply 30 days before arrival. So you should be able to apply before you fly back.

Also obviously MOM won’t want to guarantee any successful application in the phone when they did not know whether you will fulfil the requirement or not. They won’t want to make any empty promise or else later on someone on non bubble flight will claim that MOM have say this and that.
sbs2716g is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Techadmin: Luke | Hosting: www.lomag.net