SQTalk  

Go Back   SQTalk > Singapore Airlines > All About Singapore Airlines

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th October 2020, 02:22 PM   #16
reddevil0728
SQTalk PPS Club
 
Join Date: 28-Dec-2010
Posts: 363
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuuka_miya View Post
To be fair, I'm looking at it as a means for people who really miss flying to burn miles.

I'd rather pay for the onboard lunch, but better that than nothing especially in this climate.
i wonder if there is a need to bring passport since it will likely be on the airside. or just some form of identification will be sufficient.
reddevil0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2020, 08:48 PM   #17
yuuka_miya
SQTalk PPS Club
 
Join Date: 22-Nov-2018
Programs: KF nothing
Posts: 286
Default

I don't think you'll have to bring a passport because of the whole "entering Changi's airside without the intent to fly is an offence" thing.

You'll likely have to get an airport's visitor pass (though it sounds like SIA will do it for you), and/or they use T2 gate F60 (which should be separated from the bulk of the airport thanks to T2 upgrading works) and let you walk in through JetQuay or something.

https://www.todayonline.com/singapor...u-and-training
__________________
an infrastructure geek
yuuka_miya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2020, 12:26 PM   #18
FlyBoy
SQTalk PPS Club
 
Join Date: 25-Apr-2009
Posts: 340
Default

Wonder if they will have paper menus as they have stopped them on flights now in all classes
FlyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2020, 03:18 PM   #19
boing
SQTalk PPS Club
 
Join Date: 27-Oct-2008
Posts: 695
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuuka_miya View Post
I don't think you'll have to bring a passport because of the whole "entering Changi's airside without the intent to fly is an offence" thing.

You'll likely have to get an airport's visitor pass (though it sounds like SIA will do it for you), and/or they use T2 gate F60 (which should be separated from the bulk of the airport thanks to T2 upgrading works) and let you walk in through JetQuay or something.

https://www.todayonline.com/singapor...u-and-training
Heard the aircraft would be parked at either B4 or B5 for the dine-in.
boing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2020, 11:17 AM   #20
SQ380
SQTalk Elite Gold
 
Join Date: 11-Jun-2012
Location: Singapore
Programs: SQ PPS
Posts: 163
Default

Singapore Airlines has not responded to the following concerns. One wonders why the silence, since this would be a legit query, and for the money spent, especially for Business and Suites, the recipe needs to be tweaked. Taste palettes do change, and hence the additional seasoning for consumption at 38,000 ft, versus what it will be at ground level.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/singaporeai...2049815503934/

"Wanted to check if the menu recipe, regardless for SIA @ Home or A380 Restaurant @ Changi have been fine tune to take into account change in taste palette, on ground versus 38,000 ft.

If this has not been done, please consider commissioning SATS' SICC 1's Aircraft Simulated Cabin and experiment what changes are required.

Investment in such a review serves SQ's interest for reasons of (a) brand perception and (b) reputation. For (b), this especially for its inflight meals, which the airline is well known for its large CAPEX.

No punt intended, but patrons who dish out spends for the experience, for JCL and PCL would not want to be left with a bad taste in the mouth. Appreciate if you could comment soonest."
SQ380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2020, 01:25 PM   #21
SQ777
SQTalker
 
Join Date: 30-Apr-2019
Programs: QPPS, LH SEN, BA Gold
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQ380 View Post
Singapore Airlines has not responded to the following concerns. One wonders why the silence, since this would be a legit query, and for the money spent, especially for Business and Suites, the recipe needs to be tweaked. Taste palettes do change, and hence the additional seasoning for consumption at 38,000 ft, versus what it will be at ground level.
Apparently, the cabins are humid enough not to require adjustment as mentioned here:

Airlines sometimes season their food more strongly to compensate for how the pressurised cabins and high altitude blunt people's senses of taste and smell, but he says that new aircraft have more moisture in the air - 16 to 18 per cent humidity, compared with 12 per cent for older aircraft - so there was no need to adjust the seasoning for the food to be consumed on terra firma.

"The moisture content in the cabins is higher and sinuses don't dry up as much," he says.
SQ777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2020, 02:48 AM   #22
9VSSA
SQTalker
 
Join Date: 03-Jul-2018
Location: Singapore
Programs: SQ, AY, AF
Posts: 44
Default

Restaurant A380 @Changi sold out in 30 mins on all classes.
9VSSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2020, 11:02 AM   #23
flyguy
SQTalk Solitaire PPS
 
Join Date: 21-Dec-2006
Posts: 1,944
Default

as predicted it would be a sold out, although expected it to be sold out faster than in 30 mins.
flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2020, 06:23 PM   #24
Not You
SQTalk PPS Club
 
Join Date: 16-Jun-2016
Posts: 367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevil0728 View Post
i wonder if there is a need to bring passport since it will likely be on the airside. or just some form of identification will be sufficient.
- All diners are required to bring their passports to the event for identification during registration (excluding infants below 2 years of age).

- Your passport will be temporarily retained by Singapore Airlines during the event.

Source: https://mainlymiles.com/2020/10/12/s...in-26-minutes/
Not You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2020, 08:25 PM   #25
9V-SPL
SQTalk Solitaire PPS
 
9V-SPL's Avatar
 
Join Date: 26-Dec-2006
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boing View Post
Heard the aircraft would be parked at either B4 or B5 for the dine-in.
Seems like they did a set-up at gate B1. Probably the aircraft is parked at B2?

Since in the B1-B4 CGHR, only B2 and B4 can accomodate A380s.
__________________
Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...
9V-SPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2020, 08:26 PM   #26
reddevil0728
SQTalk PPS Club
 
Join Date: 28-Dec-2010
Posts: 363
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9V-SPL View Post
Seems like they did a set-up at gate B1. Probably the aircraft is parked at B2?

Since in the B1-B4 CGHR, only B2 and B4 can accomodate A380s.
what's CGHR?
reddevil0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2020, 08:45 PM   #27
9V-SPL
SQTalk Solitaire PPS
 
9V-SPL's Avatar
 
Join Date: 26-Dec-2006
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevil0728 View Post
what's CGHR?
Common Gate Hold Room.

Seems like 9V-SKS will be the designated A380, docked at B2, according to SQ's Facebook post.
__________________
Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...
9V-SPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2020, 05:26 PM   #28
9V-SPL
SQTalk Solitaire PPS
 
9V-SPL's Avatar
 
Join Date: 26-Dec-2006
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9V-SPL View Post
Seems like 9V-SKS will be the designated A380, docked at B2, according to SQ's Facebook post.
They used 9V-SKN at B4 as well.
__________________
Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Last edited by 9V-SPL; 24th October 2020 at 07:09 PM..
9V-SPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 04:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Techadmin: Luke | Hosting: www.lomag.net