SQTalk  

Go Back   SQTalk > Singapore Airlines > All About Singapore Airlines

Old 31st January 2020, 09:26 PM   #31
sbs2716g
SQTalk PPS Club

Can’t book any flight to China for SQ right now for flights up to 16 feb. SQ have zeroed out the inventory.

For 17 feb till 31 March onwards, only the highest booking class available.
sbs2716g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2020, 10:55 PM   #32
davidfusq
SQTalk Elite Gold

Programs: SQKF

I wonder if it a policy to minimise the spread of the coronavirus or service reduction on short flight but on a SQ flight from Jakarta to Singapore I took yesterday, hot towels were not distributed prior to departure in economy class. On disembarking, I saw some linen towels in the business class cabin though.

Quote:
Airlines take away hot towels, pillows, blankets and more to contain spread of coronavirus
https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...f-coronavirus/
davidfusq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2020, 10:48 AM   #33
SQ228
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS

Programs: KF Pleb

Perhaps someone with medical training can contribute further but Iím guessing the hot towel issue is when it has cooled and is being handed back?

If given the choice of contact with the seat fabric itself which is never laundered after every flight, or a hot towel thatís just been heated to the temperature of steam, my brain is telling me Iíd rather have the hot towel.
SQ228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2020, 12:28 PM   #34
9V-SML
SQTalk Elite Silver

Programs: SQ *G, BA Silver

SQ/MI has put out a press release yesterday announcing changes for flights to/from China in Feb 2020:

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...t/?id=jgnw1vsv
9V-SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2020, 02:01 PM   #35
ycp81

Programs: Krisflyer, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Flying Blue, Enrich

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9V-SML View Post
SQ/MI has put out a press release yesterday announcing changes for flights to/from China in Feb 2020:

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...t/?id=jgnw1vsv
We can expect further cancellations following Singapore's announcement of drastic measures restricting entry of PRC passport holders and visitors who have visited PRC. Transit through Singapore, which forms a bulk of SQ's passengers, is apparently also not allowed.
ycp81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2020, 04:16 PM   #36
kevin-sg
SQTalk Elite Gold

Doesn’t this mean that all flights between Singapore and mainland China have to be suspended?
kevin-sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2020, 08:31 PM   #37
SQ002
SQTalk Elite Silver

Are any HKG flights affected?
SQ002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2020, 08:49 PM   #38
sbs2716g
SQTalk PPS Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin-sg View Post
Doesnít this mean that all flights between Singapore and mainland China have to be suspended?
SQ have further reduced the no of flights. N actually flights from now to 16/feb are not bookable as well (although there is still flights between SIN/CHINA during this period)
Old 1st February 2020, 09:00 PM   #39
flyguy
SQTalk Solitaire PPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQ002 View Post
Are any HKG flights affected?
A search on SQ website still shows 5-6 daily flights to HK from now till mid-feb and there dont seem any reduction except for downguaging of aircraft like from the daily A380 service to a 773.
flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2020, 09:03 PM   #40
flyguy
SQTalk Solitaire PPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbs2716g View Post
SQ have further reduced the no of flights. N actually flights from now to 16/feb are not bookable as well (although there is still flights between SIN/CHINA during this period)
SQ seems to reduce its flights to PEK drastically to one flight 3 -4 times a week - however there are some days when one can book through SQ site but the flight is operated by Air China. Similiarly for PVG, there are not even bookable till late feb.
Old 1st February 2020, 09:06 PM   #41
yuuka_miya
SQTalk PPS Club

Programs: KF nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbs2716g View Post
I think his question was more on whether there's any point for SQ to do so as opposed to cancellations with immediate effect, seeing as transit and entry is now largely prohibited to Chinese nationals.
Old 1st February 2020, 09:11 PM   #42
flyguy
SQTalk Solitaire PPS

There will be quite a number of SQ planes parked in Changi by the end of next week, including at least 3 A380s sitting on the tarmac for the whole day which something we dont usually see at all.

Last edited by flyguy; 1st February 2020 at 09:47 PM..
Old 1st February 2020, 11:36 PM   #43
sbs2716g
SQTalk PPS Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuuka_miya View Post
I think his question was more on whether there's any point for SQ to do so as opposed to cancellations with immediate effect, seeing as transit and entry is now largely prohibited to Chinese nationals.
I think SQ have not outright cancelled all flights as situations are very fluid. So they just keep it first (but restrict the sale to highest booking class) n see how it go n they can cancel as the day get nearer
Old 1st February 2020, 11:38 PM   #44
Triniflyer
SQTalker

Default Sq001

Anyone knows what will happen with sq001. Its impossible to get through to sq now. That flight stops in hk but itís considered a flight to Singapore from San Francisco. I am schedule to go to Thailand via another connection in changhi via sq as awell. I am not cancelling as yet but wondering if the hk connection will be an issue. I am not returning through sq01.
Triniflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2020, 05:12 AM   #45
SQ228

Programs: KF Pleb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triniflyer View Post
Anyone knows what will happen with sq001. Its impossible to get through to sq now. That flight stops in hk but it’s considered a flight to Singapore from San Francisco. I am schedule to go to Thailand via another connection in changhi via sq as awell. I am not cancelling as yet but wondering if the hk connection will be an issue. I am not returning through sq01.
I’m not sure SQ1 will be affected. HKG is not part of “Mainland China”. I’m going off Australian information here, but we have no travel ban to/from HKG and HKG closed their border to the rest of China many days ago.
SQ228 is offline   Reply With Quote