SQTalk  

Go Back   SQTalk > Singapore Airlines > All About Singapore Airlines

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th January 2018, 08:44 AM   #136
SQ228
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS
 
Join Date: 16-Dec-2010
Location: MEL & greatly missing the world
Programs: KF Pleb
Posts: 2,910
Default

I'm really hoping this doesn't mean we see 8 A330s deleased in the same timeframe. Surely it's time for some old 772s to get put out to desert...
SQ228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2018, 08:50 AM   #137
Jumbojet Lover
SQTalk PPS Club
 
Jumbojet Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: 26-Dec-2009
Programs: Krisflyer, TrueBlue, Flying Blue, AAdvantage
Posts: 608
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQfanatic View Post
The first 78J is supposed to be delivered late March or latest early April.
Cabin products/configuration/first routes should be revealed imminently, then?
Jumbojet Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2018, 07:05 PM   #138
FN-GM
SQTalk Solitaire PPS
 
FN-GM's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-Dec-2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQ228 View Post
I'm really hoping this doesn't mean we see 8 A330s deleased in the same timeframe. Surely it's time for some old 772s to get put out to desert...
It is funny now 8 772 and 773 have had 2006 seats and IFE installed....
FN-GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2018, 03:36 AM   #139
MAN Flyer
SQTalk Founder
 
Join Date: 31-Oct-2006
Location: All the wrong places...
Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, SPG Life Plat, Hyatt Dia, Hilton Dia
Posts: 6,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
Cabin products/configuration/first routes should be revealed imminently, then?
First route(s) for the 787's is supposed be Japan. That was the intention anyway.

I'll leave comments on the cabins until they are officially released or 'exclusively leaked' like they like to do.
MAN Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2018, 05:15 AM   #140
mr_botak
SQTalk PPS Club
 
mr_botak's Avatar
 
Join Date: 16-Mar-2008
Posts: 342
Default

Hopefully the issues with the Trent 1000 will be worked out by March.
mr_botak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2018, 02:51 PM   #141
SQ218
SQTalk PPS Club
 
Join Date: 06-Jan-2008
Location: MEL
Posts: 375
Default

Fingers crossed for a early to mid march delivery. And hope they put it on the KUL-SIN for test run like they did for A350 so I get to fly on it end of March.
SQ218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2018, 04:58 PM   #142
SQfanatic
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS
 
Join Date: 05-Nov-2008
Location: SFO
Programs: KrisFlyer
Posts: 2,000
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQ218 View Post
Fingers crossed for a early to mid march delivery. And hope they put it on the KUL-SIN for test run like they did for A350 so I get to fly on it end of March.
Although they haven't said what first route for a 'test-run' they'd put it on, I'd be banking it on KUL and CGK, then Japan and other regional cities for the longer runs. I am hoping for a March delivery as well.

As far as the cabin products, I understand we are all anxious, but I'd be happy to wait given that the article linked already had a hint saying there would be no PEY class on the 787-10
SQfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2018, 08:07 PM   #143
SQavgeek
SQTalk Elite Gold
 
SQavgeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-Mar-2016
Location: Sweden
Posts: 222
Default

Will the 787-10's get the 2017 Y seats?
__________________
Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.
SQavgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2018, 09:21 PM   #144
9V-JKL
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP2
 
9V-JKL's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-Nov-2006
Posts: 4,601
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQavgeek View Post
Will the 787-10's get the 2017 Y seats?
Yes. According to the VP of Cabin Products when I asked him at the 2017 Products Launch
9V-JKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2018, 09:25 PM   #145
loldude333
SQTalk PPS Club
 
Join Date: 07-Jun-2016
Posts: 306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9V-JKL View Post
Yes. According to the VP of Cabin Products when I asked him at the 2017 Products Launch
They will probably have to be made slimmer than the current 17.5in width to fit in the 787-10's fuselage, then. Though i believe that since this is an off-the-shelf product, Recaro already have the necessary designs and machinery in place. This is assuming SQ go 3-3-3 on the 787-10.
loldude333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2018, 11:43 PM   #146
SQ228
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS
 
Join Date: 16-Dec-2010
Location: MEL & greatly missing the world
Programs: KF Pleb
Posts: 2,910
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by loldude333 View Post
They will probably have to be made slimmer than the current 17.5in width to fit in the 787-10's fuselage, then. Though i believe that since this is an off-the-shelf product, Recaro already have the necessary designs and machinery in place. This is assuming SQ go 3-3-3 on the 787-10.
True, although it seems to be almost a foregone conclusion, I find it interesting that if they do decide to make Japan the initial focus of the 787, it'll be going up against the only 2-4-2 configuration about- that of ANA.

The launch of the A330s is before my time as an SQ regular. What were the initial A330 destinations?
SQ228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2018, 12:00 AM   #147
yflyer
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP3
 
Join Date: 12-May-2011
Location: Singapore
Programs: Krisflyer/Star Gold, Qantas Gold/Oneworld Sapphire
Posts: 6,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQ228 View Post
I find it interesting that if they do decide to make Japan the initial focus of the 787, it'll be going up against the only 2-4-2 configuration about- that of ANA.
It's actually JAL that has a 2-4-2 Y cabin on all their 787's, and it is a wonderful Y cabin, which feels noticeably more spacious and uncrowded than 9-abreast. While ANA initially had 2-4-2 Y on their Dreamliners, their latest 787's are now also configured 3-3-3.
yflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2018, 12:02 AM   #148
loldude333
SQTalk PPS Club
 
Join Date: 07-Jun-2016
Posts: 306
Default

Oh i thought JAL was the only one who went 2-4-2 and then later went 3-3-3 on all future orders. Did not know ANA have some 2-4-2 and JAL remains in that config. Those JAL and especially ANA 787s will be AVgeek dreamland once they start dwindling in number, then. In fact, they'd be most travellers' dreamland given they offer a much more comfortable experience than any other airlines' (existing) 787 Y configurations.
loldude333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2018, 12:13 AM   #149
9V-JKL
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP2
 
9V-JKL's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-Nov-2006
Posts: 4,601
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQ228 View Post
The launch of the A330s is before my time as an SQ regular. What were the initial A330 destinations?
KUL & CGK. The 'official' launch route was BNE.
Naturally, a number of us were on those 1st flights.

The link to the TRs: http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6030

Last edited by 9V-JKL; 9th January 2018 at 12:31 AM.. Reason: added link to TRs
9V-JKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2018, 05:08 PM   #150
SQ228
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS
 
Join Date: 16-Dec-2010
Location: MEL & greatly missing the world
Programs: KF Pleb
Posts: 2,910
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9V-JKL View Post
KUL & CGK. The 'official' launch route was BNE.
Naturally, a number of us were on those 1st flights.

The link to the TRs: http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6030
Ahh interesting to know

What did BNE get prior to the A330? The SQ/SR 772 series?
SQ228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Techadmin: Luke | Hosting: www.lomag.net