Confirmed : TG to scrap non-stop to JFK and LAX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MegatopLover View Post
    Nonstop A345 service BKK-LAX-BKK will continue. TG couldn't sell the thirsty birds at an acceptable price so has decided to return them to service. Undoubtedly, the fall in the oil price has made the economics of ULH operations less painful, so TG decided to keep it as a nonstop rather than use the planes on simply long-haul operations with a stop at KIX or on another route.

A345's have already been spotted on SIN and CDG routes.
    I just flew on one SIN-BKK yesterday - wonderful - thought it was a 772-ER (the usual substitution sometimes) First time on one, and they ensured that all Y pax were in the economy section, with only 1-2 FA's in PE...

I enjoyed the lie-flat seat - was very comfortable, as compared to the Spacebeds...

Food was *great* on TG (3 sectors flown during past 2 days), as compared to SQ's mediocre C class food I was served just prior to the A345 conversions, with decent champagne + wines!

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
    Oh! Oh! Please, please...BKK-JFK
    Yes, I would like to try this - never had the chance, as I was on board SQ's A345's!

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
    I have just flown TG via-BKK and could have sworn I saw advertising / promotions somewhere of the new 1-stop BKK-LAX, via Japan.

That's so TG...
    The FA's on board said that TG is going to continue using the A345's as best possible, but that JFK is not to return...

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
    They can't sell them because they have low resale value.

They can park them or they can use them.

I'm hoping for BKK-LAX again.

With oil prices down, it may work.

But only if they can charge a decent fare ( no VIP fares) and the tourists start visiting Thailand again.

Hope the civil unrest stops soon. Need my Mah Boon Krong fix.
    In BKK now - nothing much happening...although I'm not near the govt. establishments, I think (never been here before!)

Originally posted by Tanandika View Post
    Hahahaha! You definitely cracked me up with that one!

Would it be a crazy thought for Thai Airways to reconfigure the seats into all Business Class and have them fly on Thai's money making routes? Perhaps like SQ's to CGK? Does the SIN-CGK all biz even make money?
    I would think so - every time I flew to CGK, the A345 was packed in C!

Originally posted by MegatopLover View Post
    Not necessarily. It might lose money but just lose less money than an aircraft sitting on the ground doing nothing loses. That is, assuming the possible substitute aircraft are utilized on other routes.
    Exactly.

Comment

Working...
    X