A Proposal for Gathering on Friday, 31 August and Saturday, 1 September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CGK View Post
    Hmm definitely we have to have a long distance birthday party.
    <jealous>

Comment

I thought jjpb3 as well?
      I believe jjpb3 is a CX gold (sapphire) but not a BA gold (emerald) anymore because of his love of MPO.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
        It'll be my pleasure to do that!

CX735 and not the later CX711 (depart HKG 16:15; arrive SIN 20:00 in time for dinner) ? I seem to recall that you haven't visited the CX lounges in HKG (nor have I but I will have in early August). (I'm not sure if there's enough time to rush into town for some takeaway goose. )
        Ah....Yung Kee's "ready-to-fly" Siew Ngor....wonderful...my favorite in HKG

Why not stay 1-2 nights in HKG?
        Last edited by YK@HKG; 1 July 2007, 03:04 PM.

Comment

I thought jjpb3 as well?
          jhm is correct; my flirtation with Traitor Air and dissatisfaction with BA award availability to Asia have left me with two Sapphire cards. I don't think they're allowed to add up to Emerald status.
          Understand you can't confirm in advance. But at least jot down in your busy calendar, please.
          I thought you can access CX F lounge anytime?
          Have you been keeping one of your statuses secret, StarG?

Looks like I'm unlikely for this one, gang, but I'll be waiting for the updated news and pics . This is shaping up to be a classic.

Sir Luke, we need an <envious> smiley.
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

It seems like CGK has gotten the Traitorship Club benefit wrong. Silver members like moi doesn't have anytime access to F lounge, and are way below Traitorship Club GOLD members like you, jjpb3, in events of op-ups.

Comment

Put me down as 'probable', for the SIN SKL DO.

I've never been to SIN SKL F, so it'll be good to see it.

(btw, if I buy a Y ticket, will one of you guest me in ? If not, I will buy a J tix or F SIN-KUL tix).
              Last edited by jjpb3; 4 July 2007, 06:01 PM. Reason: reference removed
              J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Originally posted by upright man View Post
                ...I've never been to SIN SKL F, so it'll be good to see it...
                upright man, I'm shocked! I'd have thought the home territory SKL would've been a regular haunt for you

Comment

Nickbot : yes, I'm quite amused that I haven't been to SIN SKL F yet, so I'll be very pleased if I get to go in Aug 31 !
                  Last edited by jjpb3; 4 July 2007, 06:03 PM. Reason: reference removed
                  J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Reckon a candlelit vigil with many glasses of Dom would be called for

upright man - make sure you have a glass of dom, a plate of Dim Sum and some Kris Chilli for me

nickbot
                    Last edited by jjpb3; 4 July 2007, 06:04 PM. Reason: reference removed

Comment

Ok, will do so.
                      J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

CGK, we know you like Soup Restaurant so perhaps for those of us who do not plan/can't be in SKL F could celebrate there perhaps on Fri evening?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                          CGK, we know you like Soup Restaurant so perhaps for those of us who do not plan/can't be in SKL F could celebrate there perhaps on Fri evening?
                          Was thinking of Friday evening for SKL F DO.. and Saturday evening would be good for Soup Restaurant somewhere in the city?
                          The reason being Friday evening for SKL is the fact that if I arrive in SIN 6pm from NRT as an example, and leave next morning to CGK, I can enter SKL without any problem. But if I go out clearing immigration and customs, and have dinner at the Soup Restaurant, I am not so sure whether I can go back inside until the next morning (with the BP to CGK).
                          So, give me any more suggestions guys!

Comment

Well, CGK if you can make it out of Changi airport for a dinner, it'll be better for us SIN-based people, and more of us will turn up.

So let's keep that in view.

Anyway, if you and the others are just celebrating in SIN SKL Aug 31, I will still try to join you.
                            Last edited by jjpb3; 4 July 2007, 06:05 PM. Reason: reference removed
                            J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Originally posted by upright man View Post
                              Well, CGK if you can make it out of Changi airport for a dinner, it'll be better for us SIN-based people, and more of us will turn up.

So let's keep that in view.

Anyway, if you and the others are just celebrating in SIN SKL Aug 31, I will still try to join you; have been reading SQ's ticket terms/conditions and so far I think its doable.
                              You mean it's better do the DO only on Friday? Start with dinner at the Soup at Changi, then doing the SKL Dom party?

If I get it wrong, sorry.. time to go to bed!

Comment

Er.......yup, proceed with the Aug 31 SIN SKL F DO, that'll be very meaningful for those that can make it.

For those who can't make it into SKL, just do a survey to see who can make it to dinner Aug 31 or Sep 1 ? 9v-JKL : which day is better for you ?

For me, just put me as probable for SKL, and definite for dinner either Aug31 or Sep1.
                                J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Working...
                                X