Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More pics please !

Comment

Agree..we need to see more pictures before we can agree with you, Kyo. Post more pictures please.

Comment

I feel so sad for SQ right now

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
          Agree..we need to see more pictures before we can agree with you, Kyo. Post more pictures please.
          I need inspiration for another 2 year TR, however

Comment

LH First Class on the A380 is a great product and SQ should have a close look at their 77W F offering. The gap is huge.

Flying out of their respective hubs, LH is having the nicer lounge and the nicer service. Being driven to your flight in a Porsche without ever having stepped into the airport is much appreciated.

Service onboard will always be different due to cultural backgrounds. SQ will never ever have a lazy crew and the flight attendants are starting working like ants 10 minutes after take-off while LH policy is that everyone remains seated for the first 45 minutes. On the other hand LH is happily serving you breakfast ten minutes into arrival where SQ crew would start giving you a hard time when you cross the 60 minutes timeline.

The most annoying part when flying on SQ nowadays are the neverending safety announcements and procedures. The slightest turbulence and they suspend hot drink services. Forever. Overnight announcements work like this: Speaker volume up to the limits and then comes the 5 minute bla bla of kids in bassinets etc. Repeat every 30 minutes till you have spoiled everyone's rest. For overnight flights SQ is no longer a recommended choice. SQ has gotten a lot of feedback and tried rolling out a shorter version of the announcement but they should review this urgently.

Food is a matter of taste. IMHO, SQ is still investing more money into their food offerings and quality and presentation are often better. LH doesn't offer Book The Cook.

When it comes to beverages, Lufthansa needs to step up: The cheapest champagne, the cheapest hard liquor and the cheapest wines. Nothing matching First at all. SQ is putting two premium champagnes on the menu and the choices are a lot better even in the non-alcoholic section: Blue Mountain Coffee? I have only seen that on SQ.

Comment

Mostly agree with SMK77 but there are one or three exceptions I'd make, in LH's favour... Finally another plane I can sleep on besides SQ's 744 F...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                I need inspiration for another 2 year TR, however
                I don't think there are any LH A380 in F TR on sqtalk yet. You'll get to be the first... cmon Kyo... we'll be patient.. TR...

Comment

Originally posted by calvinoeh View Post
                  I don't think there are any LH A380 in F TR on sqtalk yet. You'll get to be the first... cmon Kyo... we'll be patient.. TR...
                  And I don't think there'll be one for quite awhile yet!

Maybe I'll do a mini TR whilst saving the rest of the trip for when I feel more inspired?

Ran out of space on my laptop HDD so I need to transfer the photos onto my backup HDD first... bear with me, 18.6GBs to sort through!

Comment

We need this trip report!
                    From the one picture, doesn't look like you had the cabin to yourself - LH is packing these flights to the brim. SQ now find themselves in an unusual position of being given a run for their money

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                      When it comes to beverages, Lufthansa needs to step up: The cheapest champagne, the cheapest hard liquor and the cheapest wines. Nothing matching First at all. SQ is putting two premium champagnes on the menu and the choices are a lot better even in the non-alcoholic section: Blue Mountain Coffee? I have only seen that on SQ.
                      Good point na
                      Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                        Blue Mountain Coffee? I have only seen that on SQ.
                        It also makes an appearance on NH F.

Comment

Mostly agree with SMK77 but there are one or three exceptions I'd make, in LH's favour... Finally another plane I can sleep on besides SQ's 744 F...
                          Then there's always the First Class Terminal LH has in FRA/MUC that beats the h*ll out of TPR at Changi !

Comment

Just got off LH778 from FRA-SIN 2 hours ago and all I can say is, I'll start off by letting the following pictures do the talking:
                            It looks to me like a J cabin with zero privacy - not impressive at all.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                              It looks to me like a J cabin with zero privacy - not impressive at all.
                              +1. Based on that picture, I'd say I prefer the privacy on SQ's long haul J.
                              The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

Working...
                              X