X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• United HKG-SIN-HKG to go 737

From A.net:
    UA896 to go from 747 to 737..

As merger integration continues, United aircraft and crews will continue to operate on some routes formerly covered by Continental aircraft and crews, and vice versa. This effort optimizes our route network, better utilizes our aircraft resources, and allows us to better serve our customers. Redeploying aircraft places the right size aircraft in each market, and doing so maximizes revenue and minimizes cost.

The following redeployments begin with the fall schedule and will be loaded in our reservation systems by April 23, 2011.

· HKG-SGN moves from UA 747 to CO 737 (effective October 30, 2011)

· HKG-SIN moves from UA 747 to CO 737 (effective October 30, 2011)

· GUM-NRT moves from CO 767 and CO 737 to UA 777 (effective October 30, 2011)

· HNL-GUM moves from CO 767 to UA 777 (effective October 28, 2011)Additionally, we also plan to begin new, four-times-a-week CO 737 service this fall between Guam (GUM) and Okinawa (OKA), Japan, as well as daily CO 737 service between Narita (NRT) and Hong Kong (HKG).

Schedule and aircraft changes are a normal part of our business and w...e will continue to strive to make the best use of all of our resources. Exchanging Continental and United aircraft in markets will not affect the overall balance of scheduled aircraft block hours between the two subsidiaries. However, the base that is assigned to work a specific flight pairing may change. We will see additional changes as the integration progresses, and as always, we will advise you of changes as they occur.
    Last edited by 9V-SPL; 17 April 2011, 08:27 PM.
    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Wait, the flight continues across the pacific right? How can a 737 do that?

Comment

Am I right to infer that United has fleet (and crew?) bases in Asia?

I've also seen one other US carrier operate regional flights with narrow bodies out of NRT. I think it was DL.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
        Wait, the flight continues across the pacific right? How can a 737 do that?
        I think, the pax, going onto the US, will have to connect to the UA 747.

Comment

That's certainly not good news. I think that would mean a sharp drop in the quality of the hard product, especially in premium classes. It'll be a drop from UA's new long-haul to CO's domestic US product. I don't think CO is going to put it's lie-flat product in the 737.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
            I think, the pax, going onto the US, will have to connect to the UA 747.
            You mean SIN-HKG and HKG-US vv flights are separate sectors?

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
              You mean SIN-HKG and HKG-US vv flights are separate sectors?
              I believe it used to be one whole sector, and the same 747 goes onwards to the US. But since, they said "HKG-SIN moves from UA 747 to CO 737", I think it is now seperate, and they probably have the 747s ply the US-HKG-US, with the 737s based in HKG to connect onwards to SIN and SGN.

Comment

Well this is a shame as I was about to book these flights on UA in J as at least it's a consistent product on this route.

With SQ you have basically every different type of aircraft flying!

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                  I believe it used to be one whole sector, and the same 747 goes onwards to the US. But since, they said "HKG-SIN moves from UA 747 to CO 737", I think it is now seperate, and they probably have the 747s ply the US-HKG-US, with the 737s based in HKG to connect onwards to SIN and SGN.
                  I'm surprised they can do separate regional routes

Comment

I check their web site. On 22-NOV SIN-HKG is still on B747
                    visit my blog

Comment

Another "casualty" of the increasing of flights by budget airlines, launch of HX and huge competition by SQ/CX.
                      My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                        I check their web site. On 22-NOV SIN-HKG is still on B747
                        The following redeployments begin with the fall schedule and will be loaded in our reservation systems by April 23, 2011.

Comment

The only incentive to go UA is the slightly cheaper fare. Anything else going into HKG should be an even split for SQ/CX

Comment

Sad to hear. UA has useful timings for a full day in HKG, plus competitive J fares.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
                              opsss sorry did not read that carefully

but if the B737 will be based in HKG then it will be idling in HKG for quite long then
                              visit my blog

Comment

Working...
                              X