Hyatt Regency Auckland to be rebranded Pullman Auckland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyatt Regency Auckland to be rebranded Pullman Auckland

For those Hyatt GP members who frequent AKL, you'll unfortunately lose another option in the Australiasian region with the recent rebranding of Hyatt Auckland to Pullman.

For those delightful A|Club members who frequent AKL you'll now have another option in which to receive your A|Club points

That's a shame. I stayed there twice earlier this year and although I never saw it in the light (arriving after dark and leaving before breakfast on both occassions) as a Diamond I did get a nice suite each time, on a very competitive rate.

Looks like it's back to the Westin or Hilton next time.
    Last edited by MAN Flyer; 21 December 2010, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      Looks like it's back to the Westin or Hilton next time.
      I'd give the Westin a miss at the moment...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=10693337

and apropos of Hilton...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=10694627

Comment

"An international hotel company is understood to be on standby to take over the running of the hotel if the receivers and the owners cannot resolve their dispute."

Interesting... I'm guessing it's one of two companies... and one moreso than the other...

Comment

Originally posted by Wan1dap View Post
          I'd give the Westin a miss at the moment...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=10693337
          Good grief, that has gone pear shaped. How on earth can they have two thirds of a hotels rooms unavailable ?!. I haven't stayed there for well over a year but I know they got rid of their club lounge a while ago.

Comment

Interesting to note that the bloke behind the Westin was also behind the Hilton's second property in ZQN - it too also appears to be in a similar boat as the Westin...

Comment

Interesting articles. Is it not unusual to have a hotel where different rooms are owned by different owners (as seems to be the case here) ? I'd imagined (perhaps naively) that a single owner would own a whole hotel ?

Comment

I find it (having worked for most of the big players) strange for a company like Starwood to target a Westin at this kind of ownership structure. To keep this (somewhat ) on topic, I'll be interested to see how Accor and Pullman manage the 'residence' side of the Pullman AKL.

That being said, (I believe) the Hilton AKL has the same structure and has appeared to have made it work for almost 10 years.

But then again, there's always an exception to the rule, and I've found that real estate ownership in NZ in terms of prime real estate quite interestingly frustrating also - i.e a great deal of the prime real estate is leasehold.

This could primarily due to the Treaty of Waitangi and its applications...

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
                  I find it (having worked for most of the big players) strange for a company like Starwood to target a Westin at this kind of ownership structure. To keep this (somewhat ) on topic, I'll be interested to see how Accor and Pullman manage the 'residence' side of the Pullman AKL.
                  From what I know Pullman Bali also the same structure. What make it worse, it was sold to the individuals owners before Pullman got the contract. so Pullman has to negotiate with many parties, hence, thats why the opening was delay again and again
                  visit my blog

Comment

Working...
                  X