(BR) EVA Air FFP Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (BR) EVA Air FFP Options

OK, I know we have a "Which FFP for Me" thread in the KF Section. But as jjpb3 pointed out, it mainly reflects *A. Therefore, after searching and contemplating, I figured I'd start another thread.

I've been trying to find the solution to this for a friend of mine and am a bit at a loss.

Particulars:

Flies LAX-TPE once or twice a year in C (PL) or E+ (Elite) -- last trip was booked a few days before and E+ was the only thing available.

Flies domestic USA on a variety of airlines for business, but usually in whY. Probably about 10 - 15 segments.

Question: Which FFP? BR because of the 115% bonus for E+? CO because of their impending *A joining? AC because of their distance based redemptions? Any others?

Statement: BR's website has to rank as one of the worst!

Thanks, kids!
    HUGE AL

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
    OK, I know we have a "Which FFP for Me" thread in the KF Section. But as jjpb3 pointed out, it mainly reflects *A. Therefore, after searching and contemplating, I figured I'd start another thread.

I've been trying to find the solution to this for a friend of mine and am a bit at a loss.

Particulars:

Flies LAX-TPE once or twice a year in C (PL) or E+ (Elite) -- last trip was booked a few days before and E+ was the only thing available.

Flies domestic USA on a variety of airlines for business, but usually in whY. Probably about 10 - 15 segments.

Question: Which FFP? BR because of the 115% bonus for E+? CO because of their impending *A joining? AC because of their distance based redemptions? Any others?

Statement: BR's website has to rank as one of the worst!

Thanks, kids!
    i don't know very much about air canada's FF program, but i would probably do CO over BR, just because it will give him the most flexibility in booking tickets in the future, with their impending *A membership. while the 115% bonus is nice on BR, their redemption rates are among the worst of any airline i have ever come across. they have multiple "peak" seasons that encapsulate almost a quarter of the year for flights from America to Taiwan, including 2 consecutive months in the summer, and rival SQ's unrestricted awards for the title of most extortionist. 75,000 miles for a Y ticket from tpe to hkg during peak travel??? are you kidding? it's a 1 hour, $130 USD ticket. while i love BR, their FF program is not very good. he will get some bonuses like an extra 1,000 points on his birthday, etc, but other than that, it is not a program that he will get many free flights out of.
    Last edited by taipeiflyer; 18 March 2009, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X