No announcement yet.

ANA targets first 787 commercial flight in January 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I prefer both schemes to JL's new livery.

I'd love to be on the inaugural flight...

Any indication of when?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
      I prefer both schemes to JL's new livery.

I'd love to be on the inaugural flight...

Any indication of when?
      As you probably know that the aircraft will be in Japan in about 10 days (7/3-7/9) for airport/crew/maitenance familiarization and testing at Haneda, Hiroshima, Osaka(ITM, KIX), Okayama. The plane will not be carrying any passengers. But I assume there will be many spotters going for a look at the above airports. There has been no word when the actual first aircraft will be joining the fleet. Supposedly this aircraft will be kept in Japan(or near Asia) until it becomes ETOPS certified by the Japanese Transport Ministry. I assume the inaugural will be a domestic leg probably to one of the above airports.

Comment

Wow the middle 2 seats in the row of 4 for economy have separate armrests, from the youtube video. The cabin must be quite spacious for a 2-4-2 configuration

Comment

I found this in my local paper a two days back

Test flights are commencing soon .
          Planes are coming in August to September .
          Domestic Flights September to October .

I can clearly see that they're very excited about this new bird . Boeing merchandise , 787 merchandise and ANA 787 merchandise is being sold in all the domestic airports .
          Last edited by soarbeyond; 26 June 2011, 04:54 PM.

Comment

The special ones look a bit older though.

Comment

Originally posted by soarbeyond View Post
              I can clearly see that they're very excited about this new bird . Boeing merchandise , 787 merchandise and ANA 787 merchandise is being sold in all the domestic airports .
              Any word if they're selling some stuff at NRT? I've been asking them for years and they haven't sold anything.

Comment

Originally posted by soarbeyond View Post
                International flights in August to September .
                Domestic Flights September.
                Int'l before domestic?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                  Int'l before domestic?
                  Are you referring to the newspaper article ? The article says that NH will receive the first 787 between August and September and will begin domestic service between September and October ! Soarbeyond is mistaken in his translation!

The portion that reads 受け取る=receive,accept !

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
                    Any word if they're selling some stuff at NRT? I've been asking them for years and they haven't sold anything.
                    I am not too sure . Haven't checked out NRT yet :X

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                    Int'l before domestic?
                    I stood corrected on that one ~ Sorry ! My mind was elsewhere when i was typing that line .

Originally posted by QSG View Post
                    Are you referring to the newspaper article ? The article says that NH will receive the first 787 between August and September and will begin domestic service between September and October ! Soarbeyond is mistaken in his translation!

The portion that reads 受け取る=receive,accept !
                    Thanks for pointing it out mate

Comment

Boeing and ANA Begin 787 Service Ready Operational Validation in Japan

Dear World Design Team Member,

Boeing and ANA officially began an important validation of their readiness for the 787 Dreamliner's entry into service. The week-long service ready operational validation (SROV) will simulate in-service operations across several airports in Japan. ANA pilots, together with Boeing, will fly a 787 on actual airline routes in Japan using airline dispatch and flight rules. ANA's maintenance crews will perform typical ground servicing activities, fit checks of airplane jacks and maintenance hangar stands, towing and refueling the airplane and other routine maintenance operations.

This marks the 787 Dreamliner's first visit to Asia and is an important milestone for the airplane as it gets closer to first delivery. See highlights of the 787's service readiness validation at http://www.newairplane.com/787/firstDelivery.

We've also updated the 787 Design Highlights and launched a new feature with photos and video of the 747-8 Freighter's visit to Cargolux in Luxembourg. Check out all of this new content at http://www.newairplane.com.

Follow us on Twitter at: http://www.twitter.com/boeingairplanes/.

Check out the official Boeing YouTube Channel at: http://www.youtube.com/boeing

Sincerely,
                      Boeing

Comment

1st Commercial Flight narrowed down

On Monday’s (04JUL11) Boeing 787 Media Event at Tokyo Haneda Airport, ANA CEO Shinichiro Ito has revealed its First Boeing 787 Commercial service will be either Tokyo Haneda – Hiroshima or Tokyo Haneda – Okayama.

http://airlineroute.net/2011/07/03/nh-787pr/

Comment

Saw the NH 787 when I landed in KIX this morning.

Will upload pics when I get home
                          Last edited by 9V-SIA; 7 July 2011, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                            Saw the NH 787 this morning when I landed in KIX this morning.

Will upload pics when I get home
                            She's flying around Japan for testing I presume?

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                              She's flying around Japan for testing I presume?
                              That's right. Its there this week for "Service Readiness Operational Validation" (SROV). It had to be ZA002 since she's in NH colours

http://www.boeing.com/Features/2011/..._05_26_11.html

Comment

1st 4 birds will be in short/medium haul config in 2-class. Pics:

C:

Y:

http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/fl...7-service.html

Comment

Working...
                                X