• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
    The 0745 is being restored next month FYI with SQ

SQ971
    BKK 07:45
    SIN 11:10
    Daily
    Useful info, thanks - presume F is gone by then?

Personally would still take a TG J as I'd at least get a massage.

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
      The 0745 is being restored next month FYI with SQ

SQ971
      BKK 07:45
      SIN 11:10
      Daily
      Ah, so it's temporary!. I thought so, as I have a couple of bookings on SQ978 SIN-BKK, which is the crew overnighter that they bring back the next days as SQ971.

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
      Nope, both my bookings still showing as F, for now. They don't seem able to decide what to do with F to BKK as they have swapped it around a bit.

Comment

for thoese that need a little more information, its rumored LX182/183 will end from the 27th of April 2009. Suspension of flights or permenate cancelltion is not yet clear but it appears an end is near.

my hope is for selective cancellaion of flights (ie: some flight shall remain flying due to booking numbers while others with little bookings are cancelled) but its just hope. no word from swiss yet so its all guess work and i hope someone will supply somthing more concrete shortly.

Comment

Personally would still take a TG J as I'd at least get a massage.
          No, F is still open until about september I think it is on at least one of the flights. As MAN Flyer says, they really can't seem to make up their minds. I believe they should offer at least one daily F option to BKK, but it does vanish again later in the year.

Im flying SQ F on this sector next week with a friend on the 773, will be interesting to see the load.
          My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/leben/re...story/29465914

swiss newspaper makes report on possible cut of singapore from service but not yet confirmed.

its in german, so anyone can to give a translation, please dont hesitate to help

Comment

Thanks for that link, I did a Babelfish Yahoo (http://babelfish.yahoo.com) German-to-English translation:

Swiss no more to Singapore?
              Of Romeo rain ASS. Updated around 08:35 clock of 9 commentsPressuresMailen
              The airline examines to paint the connection flight from Bangkok to Singapore. She wants to save the costs of the additional crew. Also the connection after Santiago de Chile is stopped.

Stop the Swiss after the connection flight to Santiago de Chile also that one to Singapore? Airbus A340 after the start in Zurich. (Picture: Key clay/tone)

In advertisements the Swiss praises at present flights to Singapore for 999 francs on. In the same advertisement the flight figuriert to Bangkok with 1049 francs. Flies first to Bangkok, who wants with the Swiss to Singapore. Why does the longer flight cost more than the shorter? “That is stop the logic of aviation”, says Swiss speaker Jean Claude Donzel. Non-stop flights are ever more expensive than such with an intermediate stop, which could be sold only over the price.

In the case of Singapore this however no longer for a long time the case might be. How the TA experienced, the Swiss wants to give the little profitable connection flight up from Bangkok to Singapore at the end of of April. The competition of the non-stop flights starting from Zurich - Singapore airlines flies daily nonstop to Singapore - is too large, and local customer in Bangkok have a multiplicity of alternatives.

“On the summer flight plan we actually examine such a decision”, confirm Donzel. It could become public still this week. One week ago the airline had already announced to give the connection flight up from São Paolo after Santiago de Chile.

To draw in much holidays

If the connection flight is painted to Singapore, the Swiss saves the costs of the supply of a new crew. For Urs Eicher, president of the cab personnel federation Kapers, would come the decision not surprisingly. The distance was always difficult, and in the present crisis the pressure is enormous on the prices. “If fewer crews to be needed, us for the moment even against”, thus Eicher comes. Many would have still large holidays assets, the personnel status are for the current flight plans rather on the scarce side. Short-time work, how it would bring the Swiss mother in Lufthansa for the cab personnel, is not therefore with the Swiss topic. Something similar is valid for the pilots. They move likewise large holidays balances over before itself.

Comment

Of Romeo rain ASS.
                Why does the longer flight cost more than the shorter? “That is stop the logic of aviation”, says Swiss speaker Jean Claude Donzel.
                Many would have still large holidays assets, the personnel status are for the current flight plans rather on the scarce side. Short-time work, how it would bring the Swiss mother in Lufthansa for the cab personnel, is not therefore with the Swiss topic. Something similar is valid for the pilots. They move likewise large holidays balances over before itself.
                Love the translations

Seriously, would be sad to see the LX option go away, as did SK some years ago...

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                  Of Romeo rain ASS.
                  Love the translations
                  Me too. That was the one I really couldn't reverse-translate.

Ditto "me too" on the potential loss of the LX option to SIN.
                  ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

http://www.swiss.com/web/EN/services...r-oct_2009.pdf

breaking news - above link to summer timetable for swiss. no change evident in this document and reading the notes in the disclamer, the timetable was the official position of swiss as of 9th of march 2009 and can still be subject to change.

it may just be good news for people wanting to fly sin-bkk with swiss, but i suppose we can hold our breathe.

Comment

Beautiful, thanks for that - but I'm not gonna dismiss the situation as "all is back to normal" just as yet.

I'm planning to pop by the Swiss office here to see what they have to say this week.

I realised mid-weekend I still had one confirmed/ticketed ticket for the SO on the 1st of May that I'd forgotten about..

Comment

This cut has now been confirmed.

Comment

Until 25APR09 - Intermittent cancellation. Not operating on at least one day of the week, sometimes two or three.

WEF 26APR09 - Complete cancellation, route will be ZRH-BKK-ZRH.

Comment

c'est la vie

Comment

My flight in Dec has officially been canned. LX still operates to BKK as LX180.

Now working with bmi on rebooking... and I thought I'd sorted all of these out earlier this evening.
                              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Now I know that feeling others felt when they lost SQ's connection to YVR.

Comment

Working...
                                X