Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
    Wow sorry to hear that. Hopefully you get better luck next time. Hopefully more 77Ws will be refitted this year and the one you get should be a 77WN or a refitted 77W (with 77WN seats)
    Not really. I fly ex-BOM or ex-DEL usually. So it's A380 most of the time. But recently there has been a lot of swapping with 77W, 77WN, 77WT. Not the last minute kind which is due to tech issues, but planned swapping changed in the schedule 2-3 weeks in advance.

I believe some of the A380s are currently down for retrofitting works?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
      Not really. I fly ex-BOM or ex-DEL usually. So it's A380 most of the time. But recently there has been a lot of swapping with 77W, 77WN, 77WT. Not the last minute kind which is due to tech issues, but planned swapping changed in the schedule 2-3 weeks in advance.

I believe some of the A380s are currently down for retrofitting works?
      I remember flying to DEL 3 years ago (I know DEL is prone to having longhaul products like European routes and SFO/IAH), but I had a regional Boeing 777-300 (Non ER) back then. I wonder if it has to do with the fact it's off peak season in India (In the US it's peak season) for travel (Referencing only between SIN and India).

As far as the A380 goes, I read this thread and from what I saw, I heard the A380 is not getting refitted with the newest seats even on the Premium Economy versions of the A380, whereas the 77Ws getting refitted with PE will get all new longhaul First, Business, and Economy class. The only thing I do know however is that the newest A380s being delivered in say...2017 will have the newest longhaul products in all classes. Until then, don't expect that on an A380.

Hopefully they will keep the 77W on the SFO route for a long time, with the new products. Honestly, having flown EK's A380 and comparing it with their 77W (and SQ's 77W), I think the 77W is a better fit.

Comment

• anyone with knowledge of which 77Ws are being fitted as 4-class? so far it seems only SWJ and SWK have been refitted with the new product, but still in 3-class. SWL's been away for awhile so i presume being fitted also.
        but surely a few of them are needed in 4-class with the commencement of PE flights in Aug? unless SWJ and SWK are waiting to have a few Y class rows removed to fit in the PE.

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
          anyone with knowledge of which 77Ws are being fitted as 4-class? so far it seems only SWJ and SWK have been refitted with the new product, but still in 3-class. SWL's been away for awhile so i presume being fitted also.
          but surely a few of them are needed in 4-class with the commencement of PE flights in Aug? unless SWJ and SWK are waiting to have a few Y class rows removed to fit in the PE.
          actually i think i just found the answer.. looks logical: SWL for 77W and SKJ for the A380 for those 9 Aug flights to SYD.

Comment

anyone with knowledge of which 77Ws are being fitted as 4-class? so far it seems only SWJ and SWK have been refitted with the new product, but still in 3-class. SWL's been away for awhile so i presume being fitted also.
            SWA was out for sometime at one point, but it doesn't seem to be refitted or anything, as it's still flying according to flightradar24. Seems they are going at a slow rate. Hopefully before the end of the year more 77W get refitted.

And I am sure I asked this before, while the refitted 77W will have the 77WN products (and Premium Economy of course), will the Wifi be used be T-Mobile instead of OnAir?

Comment

9V-SWJ, according to flightaware had its last flight 4 days ago. We will know by the end of the week if it's out of service. If it is out of service, it seems like it's going to be refitted with PEY. Maybe the same with SWK. Other than that, all other old products are still running like usual. According to airlineroute, I assume that might be the next to perform the HKG route, possibly along with SWL.

It's possible SWK could be taken out of service for just taking some rows out for PEY. I assume it should not take too long.

Comment

• Is the new F product on SQ 2 SIN-HKG-SFO?

Comment

• Originally posted by Buster CT1K View Post
                  Is the new F product on SQ 2 SIN-HKG-SFO?
                  Yes SQ2 is operated by 77WN daily. You will only get the newest products.

Comment

Yes SQ2 is operated by 77WN daily. You will only get the newest products.
                    Thanks!

Comment

• The 77WN fleet have been doing some exploring lately, as they seem to be at a loose end with SQ638/7 being taken off them being upgauged to A380, followed with SQ231/222 being given solely to SWL with the new PY cabin.

As well as still serving SQ318/9, SQ2/1 and SQ227/8, MEL has seen many days of double 77WNs with SQ217/8 being upgraded as well as a variety of one-off destinations such as AMS, MXP, DXB and PVG. A few of them have also been spending a day or two on the ground in what appears to be some kind of maintenance rotation.

We might finally be beginning to see the new product properly roll out across the network now that there's a few more refits out in service instead of be tied down to a couple of routes.

Comment

• Out of interest, does anybody know if SQ637/8 is scheduled to remain an A380 service for the foreseeable future? Hoping to make a trip to Japan next April or May and I notice it's A380 for those dates. Am keen to try out the latest J product; suites is available for the time being, which is still my favourite, but a little bit hesitant as will be traveling with our new bub (will be around 10 months old, so hopefully still a good age pre-walking, but will wait and see how she flies on some trips prior to then first).

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                          The 77WN fleet have been doing some exploring lately, as they seem to be at a loose end with SQ638/7 being taken off them being upgauged to A380, followed with SQ231/222 being given solely to SWL with the new PY cabin.

As well as still serving SQ318/9, SQ2/1 and SQ227/8, MEL has seen many days of double 77WNs with SQ217/8 being upgraded as well as a variety of one-off destinations such as AMS, MXP, DXB and PVG. A few of them have also been spending a day or two on the ground in what appears to be some kind of maintenance rotation.

We might finally be beginning to see the new product properly roll out across the network now that there's a few more refits out in service instead of be tied down to a couple of routes.
                          Even it has done MNL, CGK, and FRA if I remember correctly. I wonder if in the future the current 77WNs (SWU-SN series) will be fitted with Premium Economy in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by arrow29 View Post
                            Out of interest, does anybody know if SQ637/8 is scheduled to remain an A380 service for the foreseeable future? Hoping to make a trip to Japan next April or May and I notice it's A380 for those dates. Am keen to try out the latest J product; suites is available for the time being, which is still my favourite, but a little bit hesitant as will be traveling with our new bub (will be around 10 months old, so hopefully still a good age pre-walking, but will wait and see how she flies on some trips prior to then first).
                            It's one of the hardest flights to predict- they have switched it between A380 and 77W so many times I've lost count and many regular NRT flyers on here report being frustrated by it.

The general issue is that in peak times they want more A380s than they have to increase capacity on all their busiest routes. In the low seasons they just can't work out what to do with some of them. SQ 637/8 seems to be one of the flights they seem happy to throw a spare A380 onto.

Comment

Even it has done MNL, CGK, and FRA if I remember correctly. I wonder if in the future the current 77WNs (SWU-SN series) will be fitted with Premium Economy in the future.
                              AFAIK, there are no plans to refit the 8 aircraft that were ordered in the second batch (9V-SWU - 9V-SNC) with PY seats. They will only have the 2013 F, J and Y products.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                                It's one of the hardest flights to predict- they have switched it between A380 and 77W so many times I've lost count and many regular NRT flyers on here report being frustrated by it.

The general issue is that in peak times they want more A380s than they have to increase capacity on all their busiest routes. In the low seasons they just can't work out what to do with some of them. SQ 637/8 seems to be one of the flights they seem happy to throw a spare A380 onto.
                                Makes sense, thanks for the reply

Comment

Working...
                                X