Mileage Run ex-SIN for Aegean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    Wait until I'm there next and tell her you are having a night out with me then.
    Originally posted by demue View Post
    Then I'm definitely not allowed to go

To 9V-JKL's question - apparently 'Ang Mo' are better supervised when out in the "wild" here in SE Asia, we could get lost or side tracked
    AHHH... Bangkok can be a very innocent place and I can vouch for MAN Flyer... a night out with him is very innocent, just plenty of beers involved....
    This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Rang them up and after initially saying that I couldn't change the booking class the consultant said I could but she accidentally quoted me the flexi rather than the flexi saver.
      Figure I'll wait a week for my credit card cycle to click over before making the change and replacing the FF number with my Aegean one (2 family vacations to pay for this month!!)
      The extra 400 odd is probably worth it rather than to pay 400 to go to a destination that I don't need to or am not keen on.
      Thanks for all the suggestions everyone

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
        AHHH... Bangkok can be a very innocent place and I can vouch for MAN Flyer... a night out with him is very innocent, just plenty of beers involved....
        I know, wouldn't be the first time we hang out there together though I'm always 2 drinks behind

Comment

Then I'm definitely not allowed to go

To 9V-JKL's question - apparently 'Ang Mo' are better supervised when out in the "wild" here in SE Asia, we could get lost or side tracked
          Nah, she knows me well enough to know you're better off up there with me than on your own.

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
          I didn't see any of the other SQTalkers there drinking water.

Comment

You could check out Air China to Beijing, United to Hong Kong or EVA to Taipei.

Comment

Anyways, ex-SIN there are no good mileage runs that I'm aware off. I'm waiting for TG to launch another Mastercard sale maybe with a decent C fare to somewhere in the region and may consider that. If not there is always a Q fare to BKK on TG
              The TG school holiday fare is extended until 15 July - if my memory is right. It was not accessible from TG.Sg website but can be accessed from special offer at main Tg Web.

I also notice from newspaper they have new MC fare promo. I think Q class to BKK is about SGD350. Good price for MR.
              visit my blog

Comment

Thanks, I'll have a look.

Comment

Had a look at the latest TG fares, but given how shaky their business is these days the fares are still quite high. Anyways, after a 7 months feud with TG via A3 M&B team I suddenly last night saw my 2 TG flights from Dec 29 2013 and Jan 1 2014 appear in my M&B account. Yeahhhh I immediately went out and bought a TOTO ticket .

So in short no need to do a quick run as I put some activity on the account to keep it active based on what we currently know about keeping A3 Gold status alive.
                  Last edited by demue; 4 August 2014, 01:56 PM.

Comment

How much activity does A3 need to sustain? My card says Dec 2015...

Comment

Supposedly only 1 flight every 3 years?

Comment

Yes that is the conventional wisdom so far until disproved by some of the folks who are reaching their 3 year anniversary some time later this year. There are also rumors that A3 will make it harder, but we won't know till we know.

Comment

Very interesting. I shall budget some travel for 2015 into A3, if so.

Comment

My 3 years of status expires this year. I have already credited a short flight to A3 and it appears on Award Wallet that my status has been extended for another 3 years from date of credit.

It does not appear on the A3 account statement if the status has really been extended or till when.

Have requested for a new card and hope it shows the expiration of the status there as 2017.

Comment

There have been reports on the recently issued cards (for the last few months - check in the other forum) that expiriation date is now set much closer, e.g. 12/2015 even if you just qualified this year. So the card may not show 2017.
                              Last edited by demue; 6 August 2014, 12:11 PM.

Comment

How then would we be able to know when the true expiry of status is?

Is sending an email to enquire the only way?

Comment

Working...
                                X