Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GLAM82 View Post
    I was on BR857, their Hello Kitty jet which I think was an A330
    They have several Hello Kitty A330s for regional routes (HK, China and Japan). The long haul 77Ws have different hard products. J class reverse herringbone is identical to CX's. At least one of the 77Ws has a Hello Kitty livery and flies to LAX on select days.

Like I said, service is pretty casual. But seats and IFE are great on long haul. And Trans Pac flights connect smoothly to TPE-SIN segment, making it the more appealing *A choice out of SIN when you don't want to be held ransom by SQ.

Comment

Originally posted by 259850 View Post
      Just two years ago, I would have agreed with that view. But BR has invested a lot on the new 77Ws to up their act. CI hasn't quite caught up. In terms of service, it is a matter of personal taste. Taiwanese are a lot more casual than Koreans, and hence less consistent. Just across the board - from flight crew down to taxi drivers. As an outsider, I feel more "at home" in Taiwan than in Korea.

Also, I am commenting purely from a SIN to North America flight perspective. BR uses their premium long haul product on the SIN route, which the Koreans don't. Also flight connections tend to be better with BR. TPE-HKG uses regional aircraft, sometimes even the dreaded MDs.
      Oh, don't get me wrong, I completely agree with you that the hard product is solid.

I think the more appropriate description is Taiwanese are down right unprofessional; Coreans are casual and a blast. Every OZ flight I've been on has been a party! I will acknowledge that my ABC friends do not agree with me one bit.

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
      What's COREAN?
      It is the correct spelling. LOL
      HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by SQ22 View Post
        I was amused when I read the above. I can't believe after so many years the UA management still hasn't done anything to improve the airliine. They have been advertising in The Business Times of late. Apparently they are doing a promo with the local travel agencies, offering what appear to be great Colorado holidays for families, while boasting about their NRT-DEN direct flights.
        Not that bad after all. Use them 4-5 times each year to USA.
        NRT-DEN (and NRT-LAX) is on new 787. Really good.

Comment

Originally posted by 259850 View Post
          They have several Hello Kitty A330s for regional routes (HK, China and Japan). The long haul 77Ws have different hard products. J class reverse herringbone is identical to CX's. At least one of the 77Ws has a Hello Kitty livery and flies to LAX on select days.

Like I said, service is pretty casual. But seats and IFE are great on long haul. And Trans Pac flights connect smoothly to TPE-SIN segment, making it the more appealing *A choice out of SIN when you don't want to be held ransom by SQ.
          Fully agreed. SQ will be nice is you really want to pay lots of extra when you actually spend half of the time sleeping.

Comment

Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
            NRT-DEN (and NRT-LAX) is on new 787. Really good.
            With the 2-2-2 in "BusinessFirst" (WTH is THAT?!?) with horrible service, horrible food, low cost booze, and flooded bathrooms??? No thank you!
            HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
              With the 2-2-2 in "BusinessFirst" (WTH is THAT?!?) with horrible service, horrible food, low cost booze, and flooded bathrooms??? No thank you!
              That's why you hit a DFS before boarding, no?

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                Sound like you have never took a UA for long time. Flood bathrooms? Remind me on one of the SQ flight to Shanghai !

Comment

I think you'll need to point a gun to his head before he'll fly them.... Actually I think he'll take the bullet...

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                    I think you'll need to point a gun to his head before he'll fly them.... Actually I think he'll take the bullet...
                    That other dude is hilarious!

Yeah, the gun needs to be used internationally. Unfortunately, I take bullets each week domestically.
                    HUGE AL

Comment

This is going to sound incredible but service and food was good for both NRT-HNL and HNL-NRT on UA.

Comment

Working...
                      X