South Korea Orders Suspension of Asiana Flights to San Francisco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Korea Orders Suspension of Asiana Flights to San Francisco

Wow i have never heard of this punishment before!

http://www.flyertalk.com/story/south...013-crash.html

The Korean government has banned KE from operating certain flights before as punishment for a string of incidents. This was in the late 1990s.

Comment

How does this resolve/assist with the underlying issues that led to the accident in the first place?!
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Then what would happen to the operators of the Sewol ferry disaster? Shut it down?

Comment

Absolutely idiotic.

Comment

Presumably this is a case of the Govt needing to be seen cracking the whip, and having someone seen to be atoning for the accident. All very east Asian, if I may say so.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
              The Korean government has banned KE from operating certain flights before as punishment for a string of incidents. This was in the late 1990s.
              And... They are going to do it again.

Local news here states that the Korean government intends to suspend KE flights to New York for 31 days due to Heather Cho's nut-rage and Hanjin KAL's attempt to cover up the incident by pressuring employees to lie during a government probe.

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus SAS A340-500 View Post
                And... They are going to do it again.

Local news here states that the Korean government intends to suspend KE flights to New York for 31 days due to Heather Cho's nut-rage and Hanjin KAL's attempt to cover up the incident by pressuring employees to lie during a government probe.
                Ordinarily I'd agree that this might be too harsh, but well, karma's a b!tch, Mr Cho: http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20141105000920

Comment

Working...
                X