Air China 747-800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air China 747-800

Does anybody know which routes they fly these on to the US from Beijing and does anybody have any experience of business class on this aircraft?

Thanks.

Think they are doing the PEK-JKF sectors on the 748's. Not sure about any other routes.
    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Haven't posted here in years due to being extremely busy with work. Sorry about that.

Yeah, Pinkfloyd is correct. The second daily PEK-JFK-PEK flight is a 748 (the first one is a 77W). I've taken this flight (Y class on the outbound and upper deck J class on the inbound), and was impressed.

There is also a PEK-SFO-PEK flight that's now a 748, but those are the only international routes I know that use this aircraft type with Air China.
      Last edited by sumitsan; 5 November 2016, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Great. I have to go to NYC from BKK and so have booked business on the 747 on the way out and return on the 77W based on trip reports and your feedback

Comment

I did a MR on CA SIN-PEK-JFK back in June. I'm hardly someone of discriminating taste, but I thought the business class hardware (lie flats etc.) on the 747 was pretty decent, certainly at the fare that I paid. Entertainment was nowhere as extensive as say Krisworld, but nor did I expect it to be. Crew service was average at best but adequate if you manage your expectations.

Will be doing another run to North America in December, this time apparently on 77W.

Comment

Working...
          X