Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which *A to join post PPS devaluation

On popular demand......

With the impending devaluation of PPS, many of you would be asking which *A program should I join instead? Some are not going to join/renew, some will just bite the bullet and stick with it.
    If you're moving, where would you go? Post here and we'll discuss your best options

I already have LH SEN till Feb 2010, so I've been thinking about my flights this year as well. I will still probably fly as much as possible on SQ in Exec Y transpac and Y intra asia, or burn my KrisFlyer miles to upgrade the longhauls in the old cabins.

Was thinking about TG ROP Gold for the once-a-year roundtrip upgrade - well worth it for me to do something like JFK/LAX-BKK-BOM RT upgrade every year because the upgrade seems to come out of J inventory and not award inventory. Plus the birthday award at 50% of miles is useful.

Comment

I think the question should be broader to ask which FFP - not just *A - people intend to join.

I'm waiting to see what changes are in store for PPS before deciding on:

(i) sticking with PPS ;

(ii) forgetting about *A status altogether and flying OW (easy given I'm based in LHR and OW fly everywhere I want); or

(iii) if staying with *A but not SQ, then BD seems the logical choice for me. Cash+miles!

Comment

I have SEN till Feb 2009, so will stick to that - should requalify for SEN good till Feb 2011 sometime this year - will likely stick to that.

Comment

After years of flying back of the bus while working for companies that only fly Y unless you owned it, I've moved to one that will pay for C travel.

So I'll begin my new C adventure from next month but with PPS and KF redemption becoming much harder to join, where should I park my miles? LH, BD? Short-haul would be anything that gets us to where we need to be. Could be SQ, MI, GA, TG and even KI

Company policy is primarily *A and we have a deal with SQ. Don't know the details though. Travel pattern would probably be about 3 long-hauls/yr (ie 5 sectors based on 'old' program)

- What I value most from a FF program is clearing waitlist. KF EG has helped a lot in the past.
          - Shorter queues are very much welcomed as is lounge access.
          - Here's where it gets interesting. Redemption has always been long-haul and to either Europe or North America. With most of those routes going 77W and A380 and with 2x miles needed for F&C, its going to get really expensive to redeem. Yes, for holidays, I've always believed that it starts from the moment you leave your home not when you get there so F&C are what I redeem.

So what you you guys suggest. FWIW, miles are KF-earning Credit Cards have helped a reasonable amount in boosting my balance.
          Last edited by 9V-JKL; 13 March 2007, 09:25 AM.

Comment

I'm just curious why the LH people have chosen that rather than BD ? The reduced earning on BD for SQ flights compared to LH ? Two years of status on LH ?

Comment

Just curious, has anyone had a look at VS Flying Club vs. Krisflyer for earning benefits and status, when primarily flying on SQ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                I'm just curious why the LH people have chosen that rather than BD ? The reduced earning on BD for SQ flights compared to LH ? Two years of status on LH ?
                BD DC isn't open to residents outside certain countries

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                  Just curious, has anyone had a look at VS Flying Club vs. Krisflyer for earning benefits and status, when primarily flying on SQ?
                  You can make VS Gold just flying SIN-KUL 8 times in SQ F.
                  Earn/Burn ratios are almost identical. I don't think you get any bonus parking miles to VS when flying SQ

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                    You can make VS Gold just flying SIN-KUL 8 times in SQ F.
                    Earn/Burn ratios are almost identical. I don't think you get any bonus parking miles to VS when flying SQ
                    thanks. sounds like a reasonable way of retaining some status on SQ, while moving the bulk of business to OW - if that's what i end up doing...

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                      You mean like, for example, BA Euro levels aren't available to those in the UK ?

Comment

You mean like, for example, BA Euro levels aren't available to those in the UK ?
                        I know what you're getting at just that it's too much work for SOME here

Comment

Got LH SEN till 2009, will stick to it as my primary *A program. Earn/burn ratios are quite friendly. Only caveat is zero access to SQ award seats on 77W (and by implication, A380) for all non-KF programs.
                          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I was told that BD could not issue paper award tickets outside the UK, which didn't work for me. That must have been about 2 years ago, so it may have changed now.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                              Actually SQflyergirl, BD DC is now open to residents outside the certain countries.

I signed up online a few months ago and was reassured by a DC staff that it is legal to do so even though I'm not a resident of the certain countries.

Comment

Working...
                              X