Citibank Prestige Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sabian View Post
    12K per year. $UNI 24K or 48K air miles max.
    Ahh, I guess i mixed up the 10UNI$ thinking it was for 1S$ spend (would be lovely right?) and not 5S$ and calculated that 24K UNI$ would then translate into 2.4K SGD spend. 12KS$ is much better and would cover groceries and online shopping for the year. Well, better late than never I guess

BTW, for the Citi Rewards, does anyone have any experience if it works for Amazon US purchases? Qualifies for 10x? Doesn't sound like it from the Citi Rewards T&Cs. Thanks.
    Last edited by demue; 13 June 2014, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
      Ahh, I guess i mixed up the 10UNI$ thinking it was for 1S$ spend (would be lovely right?) and not 5S$ and calculated that 24K UNI$ would then translate into 2.4K SGD spend. 12KS$ is much better and would cover groceries and online shopping for the year. Well, better late than never I guess

BTW, for the Citi Rewards, does anyone have any experience if it works for Amazon US purchases? Qualifies for 10x? Doesn't sound like it from the Citi Rewards T&Cs. Thanks.
      Work for Amazon/ Paypal/ Qoo for me as of this week.

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
        That's impressive and well planned. Not sure I can be bothered to be so dilligent. One thought if you want to improve your earning from your Starhub spend. I have it linked to my Citi PM Amex and it generates 1.4mls/S$. MY SP Power also goes to DBS Altitude, the only thing I used that card for these days.

Personally I think I will replace the Citi Plat now with the Citi Rewards and get a UOB Visa PPV (for my NTUC groceries & online shopping). BTW, Redmart online shop for groceries would count as online shopping? Anyone knows? That would be good use for UOB Visa PPV too.
        Well, thanks to the excellent threads at FT for both KF (SG-based cards) and AM (HKG-based cards), I have developed a habit of sourcing for the best cards for the transactions that can generate the most miles for me (such as airlines, online, overseas, and PayWave). Even right now after relocating back to SG for almost a year, I am still generating decent miles for my HKG-based cards due to their generous promos (exp for overseas transactions) for AM/Avios redemptions.

On the other hand, I don't really pay that much attention to the dining card (UOB PP AE) as there's quite a number of restrictions on the use of that card and I don't really generate that many transactions from dining anyway.

Thanks for the tip for Starhub...not much difference (only $0.10/mile difference) and I still want to generate some miles for the DBS Altitude since there's a minimum balance required for miles redemption.

Comment

Work for Amazon/ Paypal/ Qoo for me as of this week.
          That's good. Let's hope it stays that way. Thanks.

Comment

You mean Visa/ MC forex rate are pegged to IATA's?

http://usa.visa.com/personal/card-be...calculator.jsp
            Internal policy (we claim based on the receipt amount/currency not on cc statement)
            Last edited by Nick C; 15 June 2014, 10:15 AM.

Comment

How do we get SPG Gold on this?

Also, any real perks for MasterCard World Elite?
              drink Coke...save water

Comment

Originally posted by JWNY View Post
                Also, any real perks for MasterCard World Elite?
                Yes, discounts at Cathay cineplexes

Comment

Originally posted by JWNY View Post
                  How do we get SPG Gold on this?

IIRC, after you've applied for and received your Prestige Card, you need to tell Citi that you want to get on SPG Gold, apply via a dedicated link and then after one stay your status will be updated. It was many years back for me so it's a little foggy.

Comment

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
                    My credit card usage in Singapore:
                    1. Air tickets
                    Values > S$5k - Citibank PM AE (S$1=2.5 miles; there was a promo of S$1=3 miles sometime this year)

Values between S$2k-5k (per calendar month) - ANZ Travel Visa Signature (S$1=2.8 miles, up to a maximum of S$5k or 14k miles)

Values <=S$2k (per calendar month) - DBS Women's World Master Card (S$1=4 miles)

2. Shopping centres, bags, clothings (both local and overseas; and also in Changi Airport)
                    Citibank Rewards Card (S$1=4 miles)

3. Grocery shopping and restaurants & shops that accept PayWave
                    UOB Platinum Preferred Visa (S$1=4 miles) - new rulings on the PayWave transaction may alter my spending pattern for this card.

4. Online transactions (including PayPal, Apple Shop, etc)
                    Values <= S$2k (per calendar month) - DBS Women World's Master Card (S$1=4 miles, also for air-tickets but not for hotels)
                    May also use UOB PPV (S$1=4 miles, if not travel-related)

5. Local and overseas transactions that can not covered under the above 3
                    Those that accept AE - UOB PRVI (S$5=8 miles for local and S$5=12.5 mils for overseas)

Those that do not accept AE - ANZ Travel Visa Signature

6. Bills payment (currently Starhub and SP Services only)
                    DBS Altitude Visa Card (S$5 = 6 miles)

That should pretty much cover most transactions. I also have the HSBC VI Card which I applied for just to buy miles (45k miles for S$535). I was also offered the Citibank Prestige card but declined as the rate is pretty much the same as the other cards I have.

Bro,
                    I am using hsbc VI. How u manage to get 45k. During my renewal they only give me 20k mile Max

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                      Yes, discounts at Cathay cineplexes
                      Thanks a lot

Originally posted by jonleong View Post
                      IIRC, after you've applied for and received your Prestige Card, you need to tell Citi that you want to get on SPG Gold, apply via a dedicated link and then after one stay your status will be updated. It was many years back for me so it's a little foggy.
                      Yes, the SPG Gold is still valid. I managed to get the fast track. Thanks for your recommendation. The only catch is on the first application, you must book via SPG with the CitiBank Prestige card as payment
                      drink Coke...save water

Comment

Working...
                      X