No announcement yet.

When does SQ start to clear waitlists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, 14 days more to my flight and still waitlisted..... haizzzz.... booking was made 5th Oct.
    This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
      Wouldn't call that "miraculous" as it's fairly close to the departure date, unless you're sure the flights are booked solid. If i were planning a trip that's cutting it too close as I'd be panicking by then.
      Was starting to panic already..

1 BR sector TPEHKG which had plenty of availability, HKGSIN wasn't too busy still showing D4 so I wasn't too worried about this sector.

SINTPE was tricky though.. In the end, managed to get 2 seats. Not bad. YQ was horrible though.. argh..

Comment

Originally posted by kaysquare View Post
        SINTPE was tricky though.. In the end, managed to get 2 seats. Not bad. YQ was horrible though.. argh..
        Buy a LCC return ticket is cheaper than YQ.

Comment

don't risk it...better to change your booking
          drink Coke...save water

Comment

my booking is still waitlisted for next week.... ok, today went to TG and got myself confirm bookings at 50% discount off the miles.... cancel the SQ booking..... up xxxxx
            This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Hi all!

I have just redeemed an award flight. The going up sector (19th Apr) is on waitlist. But the coming back sector (30th Apr) is confirmed when I check under 'manage my bookings'.

However I just did a search (new booking) on the same dates, 30th is stated as 'not available'.

For this case, if my waitlist on 19th Apr clears, will I still get my 30th Apr confirmed?

And if my waitlist is NOT cleared, will I forfeit my confirmed sector on 30th Apr?

Comment

Originally posted by behyx View Post
                Hi all!

I have just redeemed an award flight. The going up sector (19th Apr) is on waitlist. But the coming back sector (30th Apr) is confirmed when I check under 'manage my bookings'.

However I just did a search (new booking) on the same dates, 30th is stated as 'not available'.

For this case, if my waitlist on 19th Apr clears, will I still get my 30th Apr confirmed?

And if my waitlist is NOT cleared, will I forfeit my confirmed sector on 30th Apr?
                Is the ticket issued? Your 30th April will stand confirmed as long as the ticket is ticketed within the deadline.

If your wait list is not cleared till the ticketing deadline, the confirmed sectors may drop any time. I usually asked for extension of deadline. Usually not a problem. Or you can also issue the ticket with the wait list in order to keep the confirmed sector confirmed. But this means refund fee will apply in case the wait list never clears.

But from my experience so far, I always get my wait list cleared within the last 2 weeks but confirmation can be as late as the day before the flight. Usually 10-14 days out. But am one who will keep calling them every day. Haha.

Comment

Hi all!

Call KF call center and push them to confirm your waitlist on 19th Apr.
                  If you have time, go ION Orchard to chase for your booking.
                  My previous waitlist redemption was cleared within 1 working days.

Comment

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
                    Is the ticket issued? Your 30th April will stand confirmed as long as the ticket is ticketed within the deadline.

If your wait list is not cleared till the ticketing deadline, the confirmed sectors may drop any time. I usually asked for extension of deadline. Usually not a problem. Or you can also issue the ticket with the wait list in order to keep the confirmed sector confirmed. But this means refund fee will apply in case the wait list never clears.

But from my experience so far, I always get my wait list cleared within the last 2 weeks but confirmation can be as late as the day before the flight. Usually 10-14 days out. But am one who will keep calling them every day. Haha.
                    Originally posted by jbflyer View Post
                    Call KF call center and push them to confirm your waitlist on 19th Apr.
                    If you have time, go ION Orchard to chase for your booking.
                    My previous waitlist redemption was cleared within 1 working days.
                    Thanks all...

I called earlier today but the person die die also won't confirm the flight. Said someone has to cancel or forfeit their ticket then I will stand a chance.

By the way, I heard of people going to ION Orchard to chase waitlist too. Is it really true that waitlists get cleared easier there?

Comment

I had quite a few J and F waitlists for December, none of them cleared up until about 2 days before the flight, so I cancelled them!

Comment

So I have gotten 2 out of the 4 sectors confirmed. SQ have advised they have removed the possibility of the confirmed sectors getting cancelled and will stay confirmed up until 3 hours before the flight.

SQ232 - SYD-SIN - Thu, 19 Jun 2014 - Confirmed
                        SQ392 - SIN-IST - Sat, 21 Jun 2014 - Waitlisted
                        SQ391 - IST-SIN - Mon, 01 Sep 2014 - Confirmed
                        SQ211 - SIN-SYD - Wed, 03 Sep 2014 - Waitlisted

SQ also advised they only have 1 Standard J Savers showing for the Waitlisted sectors.

Now the waiting game! This is my 2nd time ever booking with Miles and will be my first flying SQ J class - have only ever flown J class with Austrian/Lauda.

Comment

Am on wait list for a return flight from SIN to LHR next month (both ways waitlisted). Booked last month. It didn't move at all. I wonder if it's peak season? I could still buy 9 tickets on revenue basis, at Y fares of course. Seatmaps show both flights almost completely full.

Comment

Thanks all...

I called earlier today but the person die die also won't confirm the flight. Said someone has to cancel or forfeit their ticket then I will stand a chance.

By the way, I heard of people going to ION Orchard to chase waitlist too. Is it really true that waitlists get cleared easier there?
                            Not true. My friend went to ION about a month ago to see if she could get the NRT-SIN sector cleared since the first sector, LAX-NRT, had cleared earlier. She's still on waitlist today. Well, maybe it's because she doesn't have any status or it's still early as we are flying in Dec.

Comment

Thanks all...

I just had the same experience. My toddler is holding a J saver redemption for SYD in mid June - one leg is confirmed but not ticketed (deadline this Sat) and the return leg is on waitlist. I called to check if there was any way to expedite the clearance of the return leg waitlist and was told no chance unless someone cancels or forfeits their ticket. Expert flyer shows 13 Business class seats still "available". Sigh. I just lost my PPS status but am KF Gold - not sure that it helps at all. How do people "push" them to clear the waitlist?

On the plus side, last month I had two J saver waitlists for SG-HKG and back clear about 3 days after booking (14 days before the outbound flight).

Comment

Not too sure how to put my experience. Have two tickets on Y saver redemption waitlist, SIN - LAX and back. Outbound is next week, while return is 2 weeks after outbound flight. Outbound is confirmed, but not ticketed, inbound is on waitlist.

Called last week, they say will send a chaser. Called on Monday, they say no reply for the chaser, will send another one. As outbound is getting nearer and you probably cannot fly or enter US without a confirmed return flight, I went down yesterday to ION Orchard to chase them (after reading this thread). Although they keep saying that the flight is quite full, I got the confirmation for both flights today (exactly 7 days before outbound). Redeemed using two different KF accounts, one is holding KF Gold, other has no status at all. Not sure if it is the work of the normal chaser sent by the call center or the chaser from ION, or both.

Comment

Working...
                                X