ANZ Travel Visa Signature Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
    Same here, a month plus, a few emails to chase them, no replies to the email, and still no card in the mailbox.

Not a very good customer service, now and from past experience with them too
    i rang them a few times, and i was put on hold for a long time, and they said its on the way, when clearly no one has any idea. i guess they are probably the worst customer service for cards i have EVER experienced.

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
      Well I am not surprise if it is. But I think the bank should day foreign currency transaction rather than overseas transaction.

If I swipe the card in merchant in Bangkok and choose SGD, well it is an overseas transaction.

Well anyway, I will never choose SGD transaction while overseas, but sometimes some merchant just decide it for you. I have few occasion that the merchant choose SGD without even informing me
      You have a right to reject the transaction if the merchant insists on your home currency.

Google Dynamic Currency Conversion.

What almost always happens is when home currency is selected, you will be billed in your home currency at a higher rate than VISA/ MASTER-CARD exchange rate and the currency mark up will be split between the merchant and the merchant's bank.

This practice is rather prevalent in China and very often, the merchant will feign ignorance (sometimes, they really are ignorant bec the bank does not tell them about it).

Comment

I finally know how they award ANZ Travel Card's Travel$ after a long discussion with the customer service officer. Basically, they work differently from Citi Premiermiles. Each transaction, they keep the cents part and multiply 1.4. After that they round down to the nearest Travel$.

Example: S$24.95 charge. 24.95x1.4=34.93, round down, you get 34 Travel$. They do not have decimal place for Travel$.

Compare Citi PM: S$24.95 charge. Round down to $24, 24x1.2=28.8 CitiMiles. The decimal place will be accumulated, but on the paper statement, it will not show the decimal place, only online can see.

Comment

Very strange this card seems been recognized as Overseas card (non-Singapore) card...
          visit my blog

Comment

Yes, cannot use in vpost.com.sg to pay SingTel bills. Weird.

The ANZ Travel Card redemption website is finally up on 28 Sept 12 after 2 months of card launch:

https://sg.anz.com/onlineapp/travel_rewards/redeem.jsp
            Last edited by vsepr; 28 September 2012, 09:09 PM.

Comment

I think the card's customer service is really bad. After going round and round, they told me they did not receive my application, and i had to resend a fresh one again. sigh. they are by far the WORST credit card application i have gone through. sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by hjerapa View Post
                I think the card's customer service is really bad. After going round and round, they told me they did not receive my application, and i had to resend a fresh one again. sigh. they are by far the WORST credit card application i have gone through. sigh.
                Well may be due to overwhelming response? Same with my UOB PriviAmex. Just recieved it this week when I applied it early Aug .

Actually do not want this card anymore
                visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by vsepr View Post
                  Yes, cannot use in vpost.com.sg to pay SingTel bills. Weird.

The ANZ Travel Card redemption website is finally up on 28 Sept 12 after 2 months of card launch:

https://sg.anz.com/onlineapp/travel_rewards/redeem.jsp
                  I suspect the bin number is actually issued in oz and it is been "shared" with sg entity.

Can't pay the bill via pay any card from stand chart...
                  visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                    Well may be due to overwhelming response? Same with my UOB PriviAmex. Just recieved it this week when I applied it early Aug .

Actually do not want this card anymore
                    wow ok. yes i think i don't want this card anymore. i'll stick to using citibank to collect miles....

Comment

I just applied for this card. I am tempted by the free ride to the airport and slightly higher miles award rate.

Comment

Originally posted by hjerapa View Post
                        wow ok. yes i think i don't want this card anymore. i'll stick to using citibank to collect miles....
                        trying to change your mind: no harm applying one more time through online or roadshow? Think about 2X SATS lounge entry + priority pass + bonus miles every year + 1.4 miles + 2.8 miles overseas <----worth another hassle right?

Comment

Originally posted by j.lin View Post
                          trying to change your mind: no harm applying one more time through online or roadshow? Think about 2X SATS lounge entry + priority pass + bonus miles every year + 1.4 miles + 2.8 miles overseas <----worth another hassle right?
                          But it's a PITA when you need to use it for SG government sites, telco e-payment etc

Comment

Originally posted by j.lin View Post
                            haha yes. I rang them again, and this time they said they got it and are processing ! i am most interested in the 1.4 miles and 2.8 miles ! its really hard to beat.... so i'll wait patiently again

Comment

I think this card does not support 3D secured payment, i.e. those tat requires OTP.

I was shopping on a merchant and the transaction failed. Merchant said the card has no 3D secure activated. Anyone had the same problem?

This card seems to be giving me more problem than benefits

Comment

I have some colleagues who applied and got it and now are complaining a fair bit on similar issues like you guys shared. Even the whole transportation saga and all seems more hassle than benefit. IMHO, unless they make the 2.8mls for overseas spending a permanent thing I think I will pass. Still tempted by 1.4mls locally, but as long as Maybank does Ez-Link reload at 10x and I got Citi Platinum 5x for groceries & department stores I don't see a big reason to get this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X